Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/other/top-prospect-ricky-tiedemann-draws-raves-at-toronto-blue-jays-training-camp/ar-BB1itLLx?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=a18bf9e607e5418bae00e8daca93f559&ei=13

"

DUNEDIN, Fla. — Blue Jays top prospect Ricky Tiedemann did some minor tinkering with his workout routine in the off-season and it led to some major results.

His stuff on the mound has drawn raves too. 

The 21-year-old left-hander added more muscle to his six-foot-four frame over the winter. The extra mass has helped with daily recovery, Tiedemann said, adding he feels strong and ready to take his game to the next level.

"He has really good momentum coming into this camp, he's obviously in tremendous shape," said Blue Jays manager John Schneider. "We just want to see him pitch. We want to build him up properly and just see him. 

"His stuff is pretty damn good. We're interested to see how it's going to play against hitters this spring."

-------------------

M ore

A  t

L ink

--------------

MAL

• Cheers 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/other/jays-pitcher-bassitt-sounds-off-on-repeated-rule-changes-in-major-league-baseball/ar-BB1itMiP?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=a4ccb97d135c4526904d91b8bd61a4d1&ei=24

"

DUNEDIN, Fla. — Count Blue Jays right-hander Chris Bassitt among the early critics of Major League Baseball's rule changes for the 2024 season. 

"We're yet again having to learn new rules," Bassitt said Sunday. "Hopefully in 2025 we stop doing this charade."

In an attempt to improve pace of play this year, the pitch clock will be reduced by two seconds — from 20 to 18 — with runners on base. 

---------

"

"The fact that we're changing rules yet again, it's just when is it going to stop?" Bassitt said. "We just need consistency among our game and the officials are just not providing that at all. It is what it is (and) we're adjusting to it. We did adjust to it really well and obviously the numbers show that. 

"But it's just annoying having to come in every single year and have different rules.

The 34-year-old Bassitt, who made his big-league debut in 2014 with the Chicago White Sox, was 16-8 last year with a 3.60 earned-run average in his first year with Toronto."

"Obviously I've been in the league a long time and I feel like the last seven or eight years, it's been like a different league every single year we walk in," Bassitt said. "I look forward to the year where it's like, 'Hey, we did nothing from a year ago.' That shouldn't be too hard to do. 

"It's just when is the game going to stop changing?"

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/other/jays-pitcher-bassitt-sounds-off-on-repeated-rule-changes-in-major-league-baseball/ar-BB1itMiP?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=a4ccb97d135c4526904d91b8bd61a4d1&ei=24

"

DUNEDIN, Fla. — Count Blue Jays right-hander Chris Bassitt among the early critics of Major League Baseball's rule changes for the 2024 season. 

"We're yet again having to learn new rules," Bassitt said Sunday. "Hopefully in 2025 we stop doing this charade."

In an attempt to improve pace of play this year, the pitch clock will be reduced by two seconds — from 20 to 18 — with runners on base. 

---------

"

"The fact that we're changing rules yet again, it's just when is it going to stop?" Bassitt said. "We just need consistency among our game and the officials are just not providing that at all. It is what it is (and) we're adjusting to it. We did adjust to it really well and obviously the numbers show that. 

"But it's just annoying having to come in every single year and have different rules.

The 34-year-old Bassitt, who made his big-league debut in 2014 with the Chicago White Sox, was 16-8 last year with a 3.60 earned-run average in his first year with Toronto."

"Obviously I've been in the league a long time and I feel like the last seven or eight years, it's been like a different league every single year we walk in," Bassitt said. "I look forward to the year where it's like, 'Hey, we did nothing from a year ago.' That shouldn't be too hard to do. 

"It's just when is the game going to stop changing?"

Very few of the rules changes have been for the better either.  The runner on to start extra innings is a joke.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mlb/projecting-who-will-make-the-blue-jays-opening-day-26-man-roster/ar-BB1izqdx?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=b6f21697ddcc4d559c2729e146ad8757&ei=91

"With position players officially reporting to Dunedin, the Blue Jays Spring Training camp is officially off to the races. The club is looking to bounce back from a disappointing exit from the 2023 postseason and amid six straight October losses dating back to 2020, with the Blue Jays last playoff win coming on October 18, 2016, against Cleveland in the ALCS.

---------------------------------------------------

More

At

Link

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Kind of surprised Chapman hasn't landed anywhere yet. 

Chapman, Snell, Montgomery, Bellinger....

Movement on the top remaining guys has slowed to a crawl. Either their camps are asking for too much and teams would rather wait until next year, when guys like Soto, Goldscmidt, Bregman, Alonso, Cole and Verlander will all be available....

• chaos 1

So....I was spitballing and threw together a hypothetical batting order for the Jays and aside from a lack of power, I noticed another rather glaring issue.....virtually all of the power is right handed.

Springer, Bo, Vladdy, Turner......all righties. The occasional power guys are Kirk, Varsho, Biggio and Jansen, but generally one of Kirk or DJ will be sitting every game.

This means the Jays really need a bounce back season from Varsho. If he could hit well enough to slot into the top 5 in the order, it would go a long way towards balancing the Left/Right batting order. If Biggio could somehow do the same, it would be even better.....

....oh yes....and we need KK to stay healthy and as productive as last season too.....

I know Bellinger would be expensive and isn't the ideal guy, but that bat would sure look good in the #3 spot, with Vladdy hitting right behind him.....

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

So....I was spitballing and threw together a hypothetical batting order for the Jays and aside from a lack of power, I noticed another rather glaring issue.....virtually all of the power is right handed.

Springer, Bo, Vladdy, Turner......all righties. The occasional power guys are Kirk, Varsho, Biggio and Jansen, but generally one of Kirk or DJ will be sitting every game.

This means the Jays really need a bounce back season from Varsho. If he could hit well enough to slot into the top 5 in the order, it would go a long way towards balancing the Left/Right batting order. If Biggio could somehow do the same, it would be even better.....

....oh yes....and we need KK to stay healthy and as productive as last season too.....

I know Bellinger would be expensive and isn't the ideal guy, but that bat would sure look good in the #3 spot, with Vladdy hitting right behind him.....

I hope that Boras gets away from his ego and maybe Bellinger can sign a 1/15 million deal or something. 

And I agree having Varsho as well as Vlady bounce back years are instrumental. I don’t expect KK to have another career year but I hope he can play well overall. 

Having Monoah come back with something to prove too could be huge. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I hope that Boras gets away from his ego and maybe Bellinger can sign a 1/15 million deal or something. 

And I agree having Varsho as well as Vlady bounce back years are instrumental. I don’t expect KK to have another career year but I hope he can play well overall. 

Having Monoah come back with something to prove too could be huge. 

I don't think you'll get Bellinger for 15 million, but I like the idea of a 1 year deal.

1 x $20 - 25 million and then throw the bank at Soto in the off-season.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Chapman, Snell, Montgomery, Bellinger....

Movement on the top remaining guys has slowed to a crawl. Either their camps are asking for too much and teams would rather wait until next year, when guys like Soto, Goldscmidt, Bregman, Alonso, Cole and Verlander will all be available....

I blame the Yankees and especially the Dodgers.  You know you can't beat them in an arms race so why bother?  Might as go the economical route and hope for the best.

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I blame the Yankees and especially the Dodgers.  You know you can't beat them in an arms race so why bother?  Might as go the economical route and hope for the best.

I think this is the most likely cause.  I'm hoping that the owners push for a hard salary cap after the CBA expires in 2026; this is out of control.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I think this is the most likely cause.  I'm hoping that the owners push for a hard salary cap after the CBA expires in 2026; this is out of control.

The real farce IMO, is this deferred salary bullshit.

It's just ridiculous that LA could add after signing a guy to a deal like that....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

It's just ridiculous that LA could add after signing a guy to a deal like that....

It's been like that for years too.  Bobby Bonilla Day is still going strong.  

18 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Dodgers will be capped out for 20+ years 😂

37 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

It makes me legit mad too.  It’s pretty much a given that they’re gonna win the World Series this year barring some major injuries.