Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

7 minutes ago, Pears said:

Decent job here but I need to see it over an extended period of time. 

Yeah, Spring Training and the regular season are two different animals.....but White showed enough to make the roster as the long reliever.....

4 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

I'd still like to re-iterate my desire to take ball and strike calls away from the HP umpire.

What are the reasons given for NOT taking away the calls from the HP umpire?

We've got the technology.  They're showing it on tv.  All that happens now is that the umps look bad when they miss the calls.  Why not use it?

Edited by UnkNuk

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

What are the reasons given for NOT taking away the calls from the HP umpire?

We've got the technology.  They're showing it on tv.  All that happens now is that the umps look bad when they miss the calls.  Why not use it?

My guess is that the umps union wouldn't agree to it. "Job security" and all that.....even though they'd still need a home plate up to make safe / out calls, just like every other base.

I mean to put in the roster card and have both Kiermaier and Varsho in the lineup just seems like a very unintelligent move by the skipper. I’d be playing one at center and roll the dice on Davis Schnieder. He at least provides some offence.

Edited by flickyoursedin

1 hour ago, runningback33 said:

Crazy fall from grace! From rookie Cy Young candidate to worst pitcher in MLB last season! This guy turned down a huge payday as well following that good year! Might be lucky for the Jays that he did as it’s looking more and more likely he’ll never recreate that first season magic!

• Cheers 2

Just now, RupertKBD said:

Gotta say....I'm surprised to see Bassitt come out for the 7th, after already throwing 100 pitches.....:classic_unsure:

Probably only out there for 3 batters