Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

34 minutes ago, runningback33 said:

So the Jays ended up getting the loss, now 13-13 after 26 games and Dodgers Series Tomorrow..

Mediocre team put together by a mediocre president.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Mediocre team put together by a mediocre president.

money making team, and likely making more after the changes to the home stadium.

On field performance taking a back seat?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

money making team, and likely making more after the changes to the home stadium.

Maybe.  I just hope they make changes sooner than later.  This organization isn't rotten to core, but this batting lineup and prospect pool has been mediocre for too long.  Time for someone else to have a chance to turn it around.

• Vintage 2

3 hours ago, Gurn said:

This management group has never cared about winning.  No one serious about contending would hire any of these baboons.

• Upvote 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mlb/george-springer-and-the-unfortunate-aging-curve/ar-AA1nIPaJ?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=e838ffe75711415ca007dce32235d12c&ei=51

"

Father time comes for all of us. In baseball, that finality is expedited. One year, you’re on top of the world, and the next you might not even crack a Major League roster. It’s a cruel and unfortunate fate that bestows every player, eventually.

With that depressing lede out of the way, it ties into an interesting tweet Tom Tango sent out last week. This was something most of us suspected already about the aging curve, but now there’s the data to back it up. At age 31, the bat speed trends downwards.

GLzHpjpXkAEEGfu?format=png&name=small

There’s one person I thought of right away after seeing this tweet: George Springer. At age 34, he’s right in the middle of that slide down the swing speed cliff. In year four of his six-year deal with the Blue Jays, there are already some troubling trends.

Going into this $150 million contract, there was an understanding that Springer would not be the same All-Star calibre player for the entire duration of his time in Toronto. The Blue Jays were paying for the production up front to push the team over the top in the short term, but there was always a thought that the back end of the contract would not look great in the long term.

--------------------------------------------

mal

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, runningback33 said:

LA Dodgers 12 Blue Jays 2

For a few hours I was ticked I could only watch one sports event at a time, and wouldn't be able to watch the baseball game.

Now I'm relieved I didn't watch the game.

And now my tv channels are fixed, so I was a fairly lucky guy.

• Cheers 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mlb/lack-of-offense-generating-questions-over-blue-jays-offseason-approach/ar-AA1nLHLv?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=b966ad6b1f0144a3974f1bd4820e665e&ei=69

"

After Friday’s 12-2 blowout loss to the Dodgers, the Blue Jays now have a 12-13 record over their first 25 games, and (via tiebreaker) sit in last place in the AL East.  

While there has been plenty of inconsistency within the pitching staff, Toronto’s most glaring problem has been a lack of offense — the Jays rank 24th of 30 teams in runs (98), and their .197 average with runners in scoring position is the third-worst in the league.

------------------------------

lots more at the link.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I hate to say it, but I think this era is toasted. Blow this thing up while you can get max value for Vladdy. Rebuild around Bo. 

I don’t think anyone is paying max value for Vlady. He’s hitting around .200, takes dumb swings and is mediocre at Defence.  I think his value is an every day player and an “A” prospect. 
  If you can get a Blue Chip prospect for him, you jump at it. 

2 hours ago, Gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mlb/lack-of-offense-generating-questions-over-blue-jays-offseason-approach/ar-AA1nLHLv?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=b966ad6b1f0144a3974f1bd4820e665e&ei=69

"

After Friday’s 12-2 blowout loss to the Dodgers, the Blue Jays now have a 12-13 record over their first 25 games, and (via tiebreaker) sit in last place in the AL East.  

While there has been plenty of inconsistency within the pitching staff, Toronto’s most glaring problem has been a lack of offense — the Jays rank 24th of 30 teams in runs (98), and their .197 average with runners in scoring position is the third-worst in the league.

------------------------------

lots more at the link.

How vogelbach is here is beyond me… and Biggio should be the minimum you look for in a platoon player. There’s so many holes. Springer is now a senior citizen and still leading off. Vlady isn’t even hitting his weight and he’s #2, 25 games into the season. Vogelbach can’t hit. Kirk is an instant double play and yet they slide in to the middle part of the order. This lacklustre team is being sorely mismanaged and it makes you feel bad for the pitchers… because they have a pretty good staff overall. It’s not their pitching that is losing games for them…

in baseball if you let only 5 runs against you should be able to Win. Your staff shouldn’t be relied upon to limit opposition to 1-2-3 runs per game. To me the fact that they are, really speaks volumes about how Shitty this lineup really is. 

Edited by Northern_Nuck

4 hours ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I don’t think anyone is paying max value for Vlady. He’s hitting around .200, takes dumb swings and is mediocre at Defence.  I think his value is an every day player and an “A” prospect. 

I think you could work up a market for him. He's clearly disinterested in being in TO, and I can't blame him. That management group has pooped the bed with this group. 

12 hours ago, Northern_Nuck said:

A new glove sponsor would do him wonders.

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1