Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

5 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

I’m confused is Alek Manoah good again? I keep waiting for him to blow chunks……. no chunks 🤷‍♂️

It’s like they fixed him???

He's looking better, in his first start I felt they had him throw too many pitches should of had a pitch count of 60-70 pitches for 1st start they pushed it a bit and it backfired. His 2nd start did good but pushed it again should of been short leash by the 7th, today did good pitch count was getting up early but he settled in after, good thing they got that insurance in the 6th because was questionable for the 7th but he did good, hopefully it continues. 

• Cheers 1

Man, this is how the season has been going....

Jays are cruising with a 5-0 lead and only giving up 1 hit....the final out for the Rays is a chopper that Vladdy makes a nice play on and should have been ruled out on review....Zach Pop gives up a 2 run shot and then a single and the Jays have to bring in Romano....

• Upvote 1

That review at 1st was bs, he should of been out, the only argument is that it almost popped out but never did but the ball entered the glove before the runner hit 1st, and I've seen that reviewed and called out many times before the ball landed in the pocket, and questioned how that could be out before reaching the back of the glove, but accepted that's what it is so it happens for the Jays and they call him safe instead, almost like the NHL don't know anymore.

39 minutes ago, runningback33 said:

The schedule gets a bit easier with the White Sox Today…if they lose this Series then fire Shapiro, Atkins, Schneider, Walker, Mattingly..

The next 10 games is final straw imo, Sox Tigers, Sox, if they can't win all 3 of these series then that's embarrassing for one, but two it will unacceptable and changes have to happen.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

This is a good watch from 5 years ago imo, and the one I always remember, for when they were supposed to start being competitive under these guys, the prospect comment is kind of funny seeing where they're rated now, and the make tough decisions comments when those need to be made now imo. 

BTW the player they traded for Donaldson was Julian Merryweather, who was claimed by the Cubs 3 years later.

Edited by Canucks164cup
  • Cheers 1

Gausman: Jays won't 'be together for much longer' if we don't play better

Toronto Blue Jays right-hander Kevin Gausman offered a realistic and harsh take about his team's situation following Tuesday's 5-0 loss to the last-place Chicago White Sox.

"The reality is if we don't play well, this team will not be together for much longer," the pitcher said, according to the Toronto Sun's Rob Longley.

"It might make another year. It might make another year-and-a-half. It might take a couple of months. That's just the reality."

The Blue Jays (21-26) are performing below expectations through the first 47 games of the season. They made the playoffs in three out of the last four campaigns but presently sit last in a highly competitive AL East and are 3.5 games behind the Minnesota Twins for the last wild-card spot.

Blue Jays general manager Ross Atkins recently admitted there is "a massive sense of urgency" to right the ship, and Gausman seems to agree, mentioning the Blue Jays have a lot of ground to make up because of the hole into which they've dug themselves.

"We really have to play our asses off," Gausman said. "It’s the reality of what we need to do. If you look at the big picture right now, there's not much to be happy about."

The Blue Jays have played baseball's toughest schedule, according to ESPN.

They have 17 games coming up in June against the Baltimore Orioles, New York Yankees, Cleveland Guardians, and Milwaukee Brewers. Entering July with a losing record could force their front office to make some hard decisions ahead of the trade deadline.

Toronto has a number of players eligible for free agency at the end of this season, including Yusei Kikuchi, Danny Jansen, Justin Turner, Yimi García, Trevor Richards, and Kevin Kiermaier.

A rival executive recently said the Blue Jays have talked to teams about trading Vladimir Guerrero Jr. and Bo Bichette, although the executive called the asking prices "ridiculous."

http://Gausman: Jays won't 'be together for much longer' if we don't play better https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2916527

• Upvote 1

Sooo....the Jays need a win tonight to avoid losing a series to the worst team in baseball.....

So naturally, their manager decides that it's time to sit down their hottest hitter..... :picard:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/springer-jansen-out-of-blue-jays-lineup-for-series-finale-vs-white-sox/

I've cut Schneider some slack in the past because hindsight is 20/20....but after the inexplicable early hook to Berrios in the playoffs last year and then decisions like "resting" Jansen today, I have to wonder if this guy has any clue.....:classic_dry:

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Canucks164cup said:

Not sure if anyone saw this I didn't, but that welt gave me a chuckle, she got tickets a signed Bo Bichette ball and her own Topps card now lol.

Any chance we can hire her to replace Shatkins?  She's just as qualified.

• Upvote 1

Weird, wacky game yesterday.

Gausman was extremely good, no hitter through 5 innings. Finished with 10 Ks

Sportsnet was wonky, showing the last inning of some other game- due to tech. difficulties.

So I tried both the Jays and Detroit's MLB feed- and tech difficulties.

Go back to Sportsnet, and Jamie Campbell is doing play by play, from Toronto studio.

He did a decent job, given no graphics for balls/strikes/ outs/ pitch speed etc.

Then Dan Shulman and partner take over, from Detroit, doing the play by play over their cell phones.

Had all the makings of an epic, legendary day.

But then, Detroit got a hit and  proper feed came back.

plus side- a win, even a convincing win.

• Cheers 1