Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Great change; integration showed just high the level of competition was in those leagues.  Knocking a shitty human out of the 1 spot and another out of the 2 is a great bonus.

The only issue I have with it is the validity of record keeping in the Negro Leagues. For example Satchel Paige is credited with only 126 wins as a pitcher which is ridiculous. Josh Gibson who is often referred to as the greatest home run hitter of all time is credited with only 166 home runs.

Edited by nuckin_futz

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

The only issue I have wit hit is the validity of record keeping in the Negro Leagues. For example Satchel Paige is credited with only 126 wins as a pitcher which is ridiculous. Josh Gibson who is often referred to as the greatest home run hitter of all time is credited with only 166 home runs.

I think you can make an argument for Paige being the best pitcher of all time.  Would love to see someone make a movie about his life.

48 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I think you can make an argument for Paige being the best pitcher of all time.  Would love to see someone make a movie about his life.

I'd find a spot for him in my top ten even with all the missing data.

4 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Is this 'change' to the record book going to be permanent; or is it just a temporary thing, to show what could have been?

Permanent, go online and see all the usual racists freaking out. 😆

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Nice to finally get a sweep, even if it was against the ChiSox.....but it's concerning to me that Romano gave up another home run....

If this team is serious about getting back in the race, they need to start thinking about turning the Closer role over to Yimi Garcia...

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Nice to finally get a sweep, even if it was against the ChiSox.....but it's concerning to me that Romano gave up another home run....

If this team is serious about getting back in the race, they need to start thinking about turning the Closer role over to Yimi Garcia...

Jays win 3 in a row and are 6-4 in their last 10

Yankees,  Orioles and Red Sox  also went 6-4, so Jays have gained zero games, and are 11 games behind the division lead.

Only team they gained ground on is Tampa who went 3-7--Jays now .5 games behind the Rays- for 4rth spot.

1/3 into the season.

• Cheers 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mlb/why-blue-jays-daulton-varsho-jordan-romano-were-unavailable-vs-pirates/ar-BB1nqxDy?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=66fc75518ef7472aa93e1a6ae4a7be63&ei=22

"

In the Toronto Blue Jays‘ marathon 14-inning win over the Pittsburgh Pirates, a pair of key contributors were unavailable to play.

After the game, manager John Schneider told reporters that closer Jordan Romano’s elbow didn’t bounce back after his last outing in Chicago and Daulton Varsho had food poisoning.

--------------------------

a little more at link.

It was nice to see Schneider walk it off, but FFS, the Jays blew so many chances to win that game. DS is going to get the credit, but this win was all on the pitching staff....the bullpen, in particular.

I'd also tip the cap to George Springer, who made a great catch in extras, limiting the Bucs to a single run and then came up with a clutch, two strike single to tie it up in the bottom half....

Management continues to be oblivious to (or unconcerned about) the pathetic state of the Blue Jays offense....

• Upvote 2