Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

11 hours ago, BlueJays said:

The only thing better than the Jays clinching is the Mariners being eliminated. 

I mentioned a while back (can't remember if it was this forum, or the old one) that I believed the M's were the scarier opponent, because their starters rival ours, but I have to say, I would have preferred to see the 'Stros miss the playoffs....

As to the Jays backing in.....I think the baseball gods kind of screwed us there....

Bottom 9 and a runner on 2nd, Biggio squares one up, but it has a couple degrees too much loft and carries straight out to the right fielder. The in the top of 10, Jordan Hicks has a chance for a scoreless inning and Taylor Walls makes just enough contact on a 100 mph fastball to drop a Texas Leaguer into shallow center....

That's the way it goes sometimes....

lol they are so obvious in tanking this game so hard to play minnesota.. bad karma's going to catch up with them.. minnesota is going to be so motivated.. minnesota have the lowest runs against of all teams in the AL.. and Toronto have the lowest run scored of teams in the AL lol.. they are not any easier than tampa.. and if they make it they have to play baltimore instead of texas/houston... if they were at least trying this game.. minnesota probably won't feel disrespected.. Toronto is outright throwing the game to pick opponent is embarassing.

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol they are so obvious in tanking this game so hard to play minnesota.. bad karma's going to catch up with them.. minnesota is going to be so motivated.. minnesota have the lowest runs against of all teams in the AL.. and Toronto have the lowest run scored of teams in the AL lol.. they are not any easier than tampa.. and if they make it they have to play baltimore instead of texas/houston... if they were at least trying this game.. minnesota probably won't feel disrespected.. Toronto is outright throwing the game to pick opponent is embarassing.

Disagree, the situation isn’t lose and play the Twins, or win and play the Rays. It’s about resting players/pitchers. Rangers just lost and Astros are up big and will likely win, meaning the jays will clinch the 3rd wild card spot even if they come back and win

• Cheers 1

Meh. You don't your top guys in game 162, when you've already clinched a playoff spot. A win today would not have guaranteed the 2nd Wildcard, so it makes little sense to go for it.

If it makes anyone feel better, as long as the 'Stros hang on to beat the D-Backs, it wouldn't have mattered what the Jays did today....

2 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

Disagree, the situation isn’t lose and play the Twins, or win and play the Rays. It’s about resting players/pitchers. Rangers just lost and Astros are up big and will likely win, meaning the jays will clinch the 3rd wild card spot even if they come back and win

You get some odd takes in sports sometimes....

To hell with resting your starters, FFS! There's bad Karma to consider here! :frantic::classic_rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

To hell with resting your starters, FFS! There's bad Karma to consider here! :frantic::classic_rolleyes:

Honestly, the only disappointing part about today's game was that Cam Eden wasn't able to hit a grand slam just a few minutes ago. Could have earned himself the nickname Slam Eden, but I guess that can wait until another day.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I mean, the B team put up 7 runs so far and I’m pretty sure Parson will never see the light of day in the MLB after today 👀

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Blue Jays fans already looking at Houston as the team they have to get past. 😂

Just like with the Leafs they’re underestimating their opponents.

Twins in 3.

seems about right considering the jays haven'twon a playoff game since 2016

• Cheers 1

So I'm not a baseball fan at all.. but I gotta know, is it normal for teams to celebrate like they've won the world series just because they clinched a playoff birth?

I saw the champagne party on Sportsnet and was dumbfounded.. if the Canucks celebrated like that just for making the playoffs I'd be pissed off, you haven't won shit.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2