Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

I'm wondering if this sweep is the final nail....

I read an article a while back about the Dodgers. Apparently, they were playing Mookie at SS.....up until a week or so ago, when MB took a fastball to the hand and had to go on the DL....

I don't follow the NL West all that closely, so I'm not sure why one of the best RFs in the game was playing Short, but it's obvious that LA has a huge hole at that position.

The Dodgers' farm system appears to be middling right now, but I wonder if it wouldn't be worthwhile to see what the Jays could get for Bo....:classic_unsure: LA is in "World Series or bust" territory, so BB would likely command a big return.....

• Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm wondering if this sweep is the final nail....

I read an article a while back about the Dodgers. Apparently, they were playing Mookie at SS.....up until a week or so ago, when MB took a fastball to the hand and had to go on the DL....

I don't follow the NL West all that closely, so I'm not sure why one of the best RFs in the game was playing Short, but it's obvious that LA has a huge hole at that position.

The Dodgers' farm system appears to be middling right now, but I wonder if it wouldn't be worthwhile to see what the Jays could get for Bo....:classic_unsure: LA is in "World Series or bust" territory, so BB would likely command a big return.....

I'd like a rebuild but I'm hoping ownership is smart enough to hire qualified management before it's started.  Letting Atkins make major roster decisions will cause long-term damage.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mlb/the-blue-jays-have-reportedly-called-up-outfield-prospect-steward-berroa/ar-BB1oIAWZ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=602e8af013634ef98f8120d63c2ef583&ei=43

"

Another Buffalo Bison has reportedly joined the Blue Jays.

According to Mike Rodriguez, an MLB insider, the Blue Jays are calling up outfielder Steward Berroa.

This immediately raises concerns about Daulton Varsho, who had an awkward swing at the end of Saturday’s game, failing to run out a ground ball in some obvious discomfort. 

bunch more at link

Stick a fork in this season:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/blue-jays/blue-jays-recently-promoted-prospect-orelvis-martinez-suspended-80-games-after-failed-drug-test/article_4988a1ba-3173-11ef-b324-a394a3997a85.html

"

Blue Jays prospect Orelvis Martinez, who made his MLB debut this week, has been suspended 80 games for violating the league’s performance-enhancing drug policy.

Martinez, 22, tested positive for clomiphene, according to a release by MLB.

“The Blue Jays fully support Major League Baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention Treatment Program, and strongly believe in keeping the game on a level playing field,” GM Ross Atkins said in a statement.

“We were both surprised and disappointed to learn of Orelvis Martinez’s suspension. We will do everything in our power to ensure Orelvis has learned from this mistake.”

-----------------------------------------------------

perhaps the final straw, and the camel calls it quits.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Man… this team has underperformed at the plate. Guerrero 8HR, Springer 5HR, Bichette 4HR, KK 2HR, even Turner and Jansen with 5HR a piece is underwhelming. 

Management refuses to acknowledge this and sticks to its run prevention narrative. There is something majorly wrong with the hitting on this team. I don’t know if Martinez has compromising photos of Shapiro and Atkins… I can’t figure out why he’s still around. 
   They’ve spent up to the luxury tax threshold(cap) and they’re the 4th worst team in the majors. They’re wasting the effort of their top 4 starters on most nights and can’t seem to give them more than 3 runs of support. It’s unreal the level the pitchers have to play at daily to give the Jays a chance to win. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Man… this team has underperformed at the plate. Guerrero 8HR, Springer 5HR, Bichette 4HR, KK 2HR, even Turner and Jansen with 5HR a piece is underwhelming. 

Management refuses to acknowledge this and sticks to its run prevention narrative. There is something majorly wrong with the hitting on this team. I don’t know if Martinez has compromising photos of Shapiro and Atkins… I can’t figure out why he’s still around. 
   They’ve spent up to the luxury tax threshold(cap) and they’re the 4th worst team in the majors. They’re wasting the effort of their top 4 starters on most nights and can’t seem to give them more than 3 runs of support. It’s unreal the level the pitchers have to play at daily to give the Jays a chance to win. 

As the season is going on, it’s becoming more and more apparent that it’s less of the Vlady/Bo show and more the Schneider/Horwitz/Clement show. It’ll be in their best interest to sell at the deadline.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

As the season is going on, it’s becoming more and more apparent that it’s less of the Vlady/Bo show and more the Schneider/Horwitz/Clement show. It’ll be in their best interest to sell at the deadline.

You do not want Atkins and Shapiro doing the selling. They will set the team back another 4 years.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I wonder if ownership has had enough and is preventing management from causing further long-term damage while they search for people qualified to work in a Front Office.

• Cheers 2