Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

Dante's boy is on the injury list..... again, and again.......and again.  Might want to get this guy healthy, playing well and trade him.

https://www.espn.in/mlb/story/_/id/40603935/blue-jays-put-bo-bichette-10-day-il-latest-calf-injury

"

The Toronto Blue Jays placed shortstop Bo Bichette on the 10-day injured list Saturday with a right calf strain.

Bichette, a two-time All-Star, was injured in Friday's 5-4 loss to the Detroit Tigers while running to first base as he lined out to right field to end the sixth inning. He was 1-for-3 before exiting.

This is the third time Bichette has injured the right calf this season. Friday's game marked his return from a four-game absence due to calf soreness.

----------------

they recalled Barger.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/20/2024 at 11:22 AM, Gurn said:

Dante's boy is on the injury list..... again, and again.......and again.  Might want to get this guy healthy, playing well and trade him.

https://www.espn.in/mlb/story/_/id/40603935/blue-jays-put-bo-bichette-10-day-il-latest-calf-injury

"

The Toronto Blue Jays placed shortstop Bo Bichette on the 10-day injured list Saturday with a right calf strain.

Bichette, a two-time All-Star, was injured in Friday's 5-4 loss to the Detroit Tigers while running to first base as he lined out to right field to end the sixth inning. He was 1-for-3 before exiting.

This is the third time Bichette has injured the right calf this season. Friday's game marked his return from a four-game absence due to calf soreness.

----------------

they recalled Barger.

Do you really trust this management group to get a reasonable return for him?

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Do you really trust this management group to get a reasonable return for him?

no- but I'm not sure I trust bo to get healthy, and playing well, either.

Apparently Shapiro's contract expires at the end of the 2025 season.  I can't have him gone soon enough, but I guess I can see some light at the end of the tunnel.

I just can't get over the apparent surprise from the organization about how this season has gone....

They lose Belt, Merrifield and Chapman from the offense, one year after losing Lourdes and Teo.....did they really believe that Varsho, Turner and IKF were going to replace that offense? (and I'd argue that IKF has been much better offensively than expected)

The issues with pitching have exacerbated the problem, of course, but considering how everything seemed to fall into place for the pitching staff in 2023, management probably should have expected a regression there as well.

Still, we see Shatkins and Schneider seemingly wondering where it all went wrong. I'm pretty sure several of the posters ITT looked at the offseason roster moves and predicted something close to what happened this season.....

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Apparently Shapiro's contract expires at the end of the 2025 season.  I can't have him gone soon enough, but I guess I can see some light at the end of the tunnel.

They really need to hire qualified management before then to make decisions on Vlad and Bo though.  These baboons are going to do even more damage unless ownership steps in.

• Upvote 1

https://www.tsn.ca/mlb/toronto-blue-jays-outfielder-kevin-kiermaier-to-retire-after-2024-season-1.2152768

“This is it, 2024 is it for me,” Kiermaier said. “This next week will be very interesting [ahead of the trade deadline]. But this will be my last year playing. I’m going to give it my all the rest of the year regardless of what situation I’m in. But my body is talking to me now more than ever."

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

When you look at the final score, it looks like a fairly comfortable win, but things could have been much different if not for a clutch, 2 out hit by Turner in the 8th.  The scored was still tied at 2, when JT lined one into left field, pretty much right through the 3rd baseman's hands....

This was after yet another brutal stike call that went against him on a 2-0 pitch. A slider 6 inches outside was called strike 1 and after a check swing strike on the next pitch, Turner was sitting at 2-2, when it should have been 3-1.....

But it didn't matter. Turner's line drive scored Springer and then Vladdy (who was intentionally walked after George stole 2nd) scored on a Varsho single. Then a passed ball and an defensive miscue by Taylor Walls on a Kirk pop-up stretched it to 6-2.

But none of that happens without JT "turning" on an inside fastball.....

• Upvote 2