Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

Rebuild the whole freaking organization.

For this trade deadline hire Buck Martinez and 2 other well respected guys to work as a 'group of 3' to decide who gets traded, and for how much return.. Then spend some time hiring a new management group.

My 'keeper' list is so freaking small, which is not a good sign, at all.

Davis Schneider

Spencer Horowitz

Vladdy

Clements

All others tradeable, depending on return

Kirk- too slow, and inconsistent

Jensen- too injury prone and inconsistent

Bichette-the money he'll want is too much for his play.

Springer- still a very good defender, but way too inconsistent at the plate.

Kiermaier is retiring- so trade him for anything

Varsho- an exceptional defender, but his contract ends soon.

Turner- trade bait.

on and on.

pitching- maybe keep 2 or 3 starters and the same in the bull pen.

Damn -not much meat on this team, at all.

Burn it to the ground and start again.

End rant- for awhile.

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

14 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

On another note, there seems to be a lot of rumors floating around about Arozarena to the Dodgers....

The rich get richer.....

452994554_18054403426681919_8052923778265311168_n.jpg

The Seattle Mariners are trading for outfielder Randy Arozarena in exchange for outfielder Aidan Smith, right-hander Brody Hopkins and a player to be named later.

30th ranked offence gets guy batting .211

Edited by nuckin_futz

8 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

452994554_18054403426681919_8052923778265311168_n.jpg

The Seattle Mariners are trading for outfielder Randy Arozarena in exchange for outfielder Aidan Smith, right-hander Brody Hopkins and a player to be named later.

30th ranked offence gets guy batting .211

I think he could provide some protection for J-Rod....

On the surface, it seems a bit weird for a 53-51 team, but while the Rays at 52-51 are 9.5 games back in their division, the M's are only a game back of the Astros in the AL West....

• Cheers 1

Clase is a left fielder, throws right

5 foot 10 150 lbs

8 hits in 41 at bats this season , for .195 avg,   scored 4 runs 3rbi and 3 stolen bases

Sharp plays catcher, right and left field- no MLB time

5 foot 7 180 lbs

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=sharp-001jac

--------------------------

As Blair and Barker pointed out yesterday, not getting much back, unless they do a big level trade.

But it is a start.

4 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Clase is a left fielder, throws right

5 foot 10 150 lbs

8 hits in 41 at bats this season , for .195 avg,   scored 4 runs 3rbi and 3 stolen bases

Sharp plays catcher, right and left field- no MLB time

5 foot 7 180 lbs

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=sharp-001jac

--------------------------

As Blair and Barker pointed out yesterday, not getting much back, unless they do a big level trade.

But it is a start.

I thought we were supposed to be getting pitching back? looks like the jays got lawn ornaments.

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Pears said:

I think this is good?

Clase is listed at the Mariners' 10th highest prospect. Sharp is still in Single A Modesto and isn't listed in the top 30 mariner prospects.

Two things Clase brings that the Jays are short on is switch hitting and speed on the bases.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I thought we were supposed to be getting pitching back? looks like the jays got lawn ornaments.

I like the 3 stolen bases, from 8 hits and however many walks he got, but other than that, the rest of the stats look meh

Just now, Gurn said:

I like the 3 stolen bases, from 8 hits and however many walks he got, but other than that, the rest of the stats look meh

I suspect this management group is going to find a way to make this the most disappointing trade deadline in jays history. What a mess. 

• Upvote 2

Typically, professional athletes try their best to avoid generating potentially controversial buzz when speaking to reporters.

But in another sign of what’s been a rocky season for the Toronto Blue Jays, star shortstop Bo Bichette appeared to openly flirt with the idea of playing for a team like the San Francisco Giants on Wednesday.

“I haven’t really explored the city much. For me, first and foremost, I want to win. That would be the No. 1 priority for me if I was choosing a team, and the Giants are obviously committed to that,” Bichette told NBC Sports San Francisco in a clip making the rounds on X, formerly known as Twitter.

“They’re in a position to get the right type of players and I think that’s what’s important.”

‘Dude is basically begging to be traded’
Baseball fans appeared to be taken aback by Bichette’s remarks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's a star player! What's he supposed to do.  If TO doesn't even try and get their act together, why wouldn't he want to go somewhere that's (shall we say) 

more competitive ! Bo has the potential to get even better.

^ Sadly- if Bichette had been playing better, the Jays might be scrambling for the wild card spot.

Be the change you want to see.

---------------------------------

I'm fine with seeing him traded, but despite his bad play, and injuries-I want a significant return for the guy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gurn said:

^ Sadly- if Bichette had been playing better, the Jays might be scrambling for the wild card spot.

Be the change you want to see.

---------------------------------

I'm fine with seeing him traded, but despite his bad play, and injuries-I want a significant return for the guy.

This is a result of the stupid Ohtani chase. 

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Typically, professional athletes try their best to avoid generating potentially controversial buzz when speaking to reporters.

But in another sign of what’s been a rocky season for the Toronto Blue Jays, star shortstop Bo Bichette appeared to openly flirt with the idea of playing for a team like the San Francisco Giants on Wednesday.

“I haven’t really explored the city much. For me, first and foremost, I want to win. That would be the No. 1 priority for me if I was choosing a team, and the Giants are obviously committed to that,” Bichette told NBC Sports San Francisco in a clip making the rounds on X, formerly known as Twitter.

“They’re in a position to get the right type of players and I think that’s what’s important.”

‘Dude is basically begging to be traded’
Baseball fans appeared to be taken aback by Bichette’s remarks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's a star player! What's he supposed to do.  If TO doesn't even try and get their act together, why wouldn't he want to go somewhere that's (shall we say) 

more competitive ! Bo has the potential to get even better.

I wouldn’t read too much into it. A report from SF just trying to get some clickbait headlines. 

Ultimately, I do think Bo is the one who has a lesser chance of re-sign with the Jays. Out of the two superstars, he’s never openly said he’s want to stay unlike Vladdy. Which is why all these trade rumours are swirling around him.

• Upvote 1