Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

Game time 12:07 pacific.

Back to Sportsnet broadcast so Dan and whoever is suiting in Buck's chair will have a bit to say about Garcia being moved.

Ps- where the hell IS Buck? saw him for one game post all star break, iirc.

• Thanks 1

Pearson traded to the Cubs.  Will be interesting to see the return as his value must be at an all-time low.  Meanwhile, Tiedemann to undergo Tommy John.  Good god, this organization is a Vladdy away from having absolutely nothing of consequence on the major league roster and nothing through 3 levels of the minors.  Pathetic.

Edit:  And this is a high payroll team😂

Edited by Wilbur
  • Sad 1
  • ThereItIs 1

17 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Pearson traded to the Cubs.  Will be interesting to see the return as his value must be at an all-time low.  Meanwhile, Tiedemann to undergo Tommy John.  Good god, this organization is a Vladdy away from having absolutely nothing of consequence on the major league roster and nothing through 3 levels of the minors.  Pathetic.

And management still wants to contend next year btw 😂😂

Edited by Pears
  • Sad 1

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5662618/2024/07/27/nate-pearson-cubs-blue-jays-trade/

In exchange, the Cubs sent a pair of minor-leaguers to Toronto in shortstop Josh Rivera and left fielder Yohendrick Pinango.

----------------------------

the pitcher of the future is gone, now.

The hype and hope around this guy was incredible, but injuries and being not all that great, in real life, got in the way.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Pears said:

And management still wants to contend next year btw 😂😂

Let's see, they will need:

A closer

A set up man

Round out the bullpen, minus Green and Cabrera...they can stay

2 starters

A healthy and productive Bo

3B

C

LF

and two of those fielding positions need to have an all-star calibre bat.

Plus depth in the minors when injuries occur.

Good luck Shapiro.

• ThereItIs 2

4 minutes ago, Gurn said:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5662618/2024/07/27/nate-pearson-cubs-blue-jays-trade/

In exchange, the Cubs sent a pair of minor-leaguers to Toronto in shortstop Josh Rivera and left fielder Yohendrick Pinango.

The hype and hope around this guy was incredible, but injuries and being not all that great, in real life, got in the way.

The Cubs 23rd and 29th best prospects.  Gonna assume they're 3 and 4 in the Jays system behind Tiedeman, Martinez, and the guy they just got for Garcia :classic_dry:

• Upvote 1

Just now, Wilbur said:

The Cubs 23rd and 29th best prospects.  Gonna assume they're 3 and 4 in the Jays system behind Tiedeman, Martinez, and the guy they just got for Garcia :classic_dry:

Behind the guy going for Tommy John surgery?

ouch.

And isn't Buck way too old to be considered a prospect?  lol

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Behind the guy going for Tommy John surgery?

ouch.

And isn't Buck way too old to be considered a prospect?  lol

Yes behind Tommy John dude and PED suspension dude.  This is how good the system is😑

• ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Yes behind Tommy John dude and PED suspension dude.  This is how good the system is😑

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt considering the circumstances. Just unfortunate the product he and his wife used had a banned ingredient. 

IMG_0008.png

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Gurn said:

Game time 12:07 pacific.

Back to Sportsnet broadcast so Dan and whoever is suiting in Buck's chair will have a bit to say about Garcia being moved.

Ps- where the hell IS Buck? saw him for one game post all star break, iirc.

Dan is in Paris doing Olympic Basketball

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

Still seems odd that we are trading more pitching.

Don't know if this is a good return or not. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

TBH, I'm a bit perplexed at their assertion that only players on expiring contracts will be made available through trade.

IMO, the only untouchable should be Vladdy. Everyone else should be available. As much as I like both of them, hanging on to Gausman and Bassitt makes little sense to me. Berrios is signed long term at a reasonable salary, so if anyone from the rotation is retained, he would probably be the guy....

Bo, I think needs a change of scenery. I think the team should explore trade options for him during the off-season. The only position player I would try and hang onto (other than Vladdy) is Varsho. His offense isn't what we had hoped, but his defense is all-world. He's also a left handed bat with some power. With KK retiring, I think I'd want to keep DV patrolling center field....

Besides which, Varsho's mediocre bat probably helps the Jays when they go to Arbitration. (If they can't work out a deal before then)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Let's see, they will need:

A closer

A set up man

Round out the bullpen, minus Green and Cabrera...they can stay

2 starters

A healthy and productive Bo

3B

C

LF

and two of those fielding positions need to have an all-star calibre bat.

Plus depth in the minors when injuries occur.

Good luck Shapiro.

Next season is probably a wash as well....unless they make some kind of huge splash in free agency. (Like Juan Soto huge)

Play Vladdy and the Buffalo Boys and then fill holes where you can. Work on draft capital and prospects....

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Now there's something you don't see every day..

Great play by Vladdy and then one by Springer in the next inning. The boys really want Gausman to get that complete game.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Great play by Vladdy and then one by Springer in the next inning. The boys really want Gausman to get that complete game.

Do plenty for the team in a hurry;

I can't believe the quickness in Vladdy's weight loss. No limitations now.