Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

26 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

That's what happens when management says they're only trading expiring contracts. You won't get much of a return for 2 months availability.

Further to you point though, I get what the Jays are doing here....basically acquiring as many pieces as possible, but underwhelming doesn't do some of them justice. I forget which deal it was (Jansen, I think) but one of the guys we got back was hitting a buck $.67 in A ball.

I had to double check to make sure I was seeing it right....:classic_wacko:

Yep it's some sad stuff. I wasn't joking when I said we'd have a much better chance at seeing these guys at the Nat. Which is a fun afternoon for sure but not really what they should be aiming for .

More shitty Toronto style management in action. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Yep it's some sad stuff. I wasn't joking when I said we'd have a much better chance at seeing these guys at the Nat. Which is a fun afternoon for sure but not really what they should be aiming for .

More shitty Toronto style management in action. 

I think they need to open it up and listen on guys who are not on expiring deals, if they want to get any kind of decent return.

Bo and Bassitt would be top of my list. Bassitt at the TDL and Bo in the offseason.

Just now, RupertKBD said:

I think they need to open it up and listen on guys who are not on expiring deals, if they want to get any kind of decent return.

Bo and Bassitt would be top of my list. Bassitt at the TDL and Bo in the offseason.

have to listen on Vladdy too. I'd bet the farm he walks to free agency unless they change management. 

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

have to listen on Vladdy too. I'd bet the farm he walks to free agency unless they change management.

Not sure about Vladdy. I think Bo would for sure.

Vlad just wants to be paid like one of the top players in the game. The problem with that (as I see it) is that he often puts up numbers at meaningless times and when they really need him, he swings too hard and rolls into double plays....

28 minutes ago, runningback33 said:

Got nowhere to be today so I’m ready to watch 6 hours of baseball

The way this game is starting, hope you have LOTS of beer 😬

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

I don't think ownership should allow that to happen until qualified management is hired.  You can't allow Atkins to make any kind of major decisions with the level of incompetence he has displayed.

33 minutes ago, runningback33 said:

Justin Turner just got traded to Seattle during the game

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mlb/blue-jays-trade-justin-turner-to-mariners-for-minor-league-outfielder/ar-BB1qQt2s?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=8ec2795bb26e450dbc3c69d1420447b4&ei=30

"

BALTIMORE – The Toronto Blue Jays continued their summer sell-off Monday , trading Justin Turner to the Seattle Mariners for double-A outfielder R.J. Schreck, according to an industry source.

Schreck, 24, was a ninth-round pick out of Vanderbilt in 2023 by the Mariners and after batting .261/.401/.464 in 78 games with 12 homers at high-A Everett, he was promoted to double-A Arkansas, where he’s gone 4-for-28 through his first eight games.

Between the two levels, he’s walked 61 times and struck out only 54 times in 378 plate appearances.

Turner started at first base in the opener of a doubleheader against the Baltimore Orioles, singled in the first inning and then made a diving stab on a Jordan Westburg smash in the bottom half, touching the bag at first for an out.

But Turner didn’t come out for the second inning and word of the trade soon followed.

The 39-year-old signed a $13.5-million, one-year deal in the off-season to hit behind Vladimir Guerrero Jr. and has run hot and cold around a viral infection that sapped him for much of May.

In 90 games, he’s hit .257/.351/.373 with six homers and 31 RBIs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Blue Jays getting double-A outfielder RJ Schreck back for Justin Turner, source tells me and 

1:09 PM · Jul 29, 2024
·

Makes sense for an organization with Donkey running the team....

Donkey_(Shrek_2).thumb.webp.eb9773ecbdf4b61f2328911d647f9866.webp

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

37 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Kooch to the Astros.

There goes the last chance of marketing the "Turner and Kooch' duo.

Could  have flown Tom Hanks in to throw the first pitch, oh well.

• Sad 1

Sounds like the return ifor Kikuchi s Jake Bloss.  He has rocketed up their system after getting picked in the 3rd round last year (he just turned 23).

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Sounds like the return ifor Kikuchi s Jake Bloss.  He has rocketed up their system after getting picked in the 3rd round last year (he just turned 23).

Bloss is a solid “A” prospect. 
Clase is the only other “A” prospect so far in these trades. 

Nothing blue chip or can’t miss. 

Just a bunch of C and D ranked prospects.