Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Sounds like the return ifor Kikuchi s Jake Bloss.  He has rocketed up their system after getting picked in the 3rd round last year (he just turned 23).

This was far and away the best deal the team has made in the past week or so. Really good return for 2 months of Kikuchi....

4 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

This was far and away the best deal the team has made in the past week or so. Really good return for 2 months of Kikuchi....

I'm still trying to figure out who Atkins convinced the Astros Kikuchi was. I would have been satisfied with either of them in a 1 for 1 for him but getting all 3??? That was such a fleece that it might have saved Ross's job.  

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Pears said:

I'm still trying to figure out who Atkins convinced the Astros Kikuchi was. I would have been satisfied with either of them in a 1 for 1 for him but getting all 3??? That was such a fleece that it might have saved Ross's job.  

That's an absolutely terrifying thought.

10 hours ago, Pears said:

Why do you have to say these horrible things?

54 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

Why do you have to say these horrible things?

I don't want to have to but getting that kind of a haul for a two month rental might just be the reality of it. 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mlb/blue-jays-trade-reliever-trevor-richards-to-twins/ar-BB1qUCax?rc=1&ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=5d25ef23bd194174b94657bc5f80812c&ei=9

'

Minor-league infielder Jay Harry is expected to be the return.

Harry, 22, has spent the 2024 season at high-A, slashing .214/.306/.349 with eight home runs and 39 RBIs over 82 games.

He was picked in the sixth round by Minnesota in the 2023 draft out of Penn State.

Harry has spent time at second base, third base, shortstop and in the outfield in 2024, with most of his innings coming at second.

-----------------------------------

Iirc that leaves just Kevin K, as the last pending free agent, standing.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mlb/blue-jays-trade-reliever-trevor-richards-to-twins/ar-BB1qUCax?rc=1&ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=5d25ef23bd194174b94657bc5f80812c&ei=9

'

Minor-league infielder Jay Harry is expected to be the return.

Harry, 22, has spent the 2024 season at high-A, slashing .214/.306/.349 with eight home runs and 39 RBIs over 82 games.

He was picked in the sixth round by Minnesota in the 2023 draft out of Penn State.

Harry has spent time at second base, third base, shortstop and in the outfield in 2024, with most of his innings coming at second.

-----------------------------------

Iirc that leaves just Kevin K, as the last pending free agent, standing.

With KK retiring at the end of the season, I'm sure he'd like a chance to play in the postseason.....

There should be a market for an elite defender that can steal you a base.....Dodgers maybe?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

With KK retiring at the end of the season, I'm sure he'd like a chance to play in the postseason.....

There should be a market for an elite defender that can steal you a base.....Dodgers maybe?

Veteran guy, trade him to where he gets a real shot, I'm not too worried about the return.

-----------------

I saw Kikuchi interviewed yesterday, seems his kid really likes it up here in Canada.

Hope they can come to an agreement in the off season, bring the guy back, likely has a few more years of play left in that arm.

Maybe going away will show him just how good the team/fans/city of Toronto is for him?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

funny that quote is a bit misleading and not what he's saying. He seems to think Vladdy will hit free agency and the Jays will extend him then, but if it goes that far I just can't see him staying up here. 

I.K.F  traded to Pirates:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mlb/blue-jays-trade-isiah-kiner-falefa-to-pirates/ar-BB1qUHkP?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=6e59510aca45420ba4f4e61ee8087ace&ei=19

"The Toronto Blue Jays have traded Isiah Kiner-Falfea to the Pittsburgh Pirates, Sportsnet’s Ben Nicholson-Smith and Shi Davidi confirmed Tuesday.

Kiner-Falefa has been on the injured list due to a knee injury since June 30.

The 29-year-old signed a two-year, $15-million contract with Toronto in the off-season and has proceeded to put together a career-best year with his new club.

Over 83 games with the Blue Jays, Kiner-Falefa slashed .292/.338/.420 with seven home runs.

--------------------

return not known at this time.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Gurn said:

^ Given another year on this deal, the return should be  quite good. 

One for one

from TSN

'The Toronto Blue Jays have traded the utilityman to the Pittsburgh Pirates for minor league third baseman Charles McAdoo."

"McAdoo, 22, has spent time at High-A and Double A ball this season, with a combined 14 home runs, 63 RBI, 17 stolen bases and a .315 average.

Kevin K is traded to the Dodgers, for  lefty pitcher Ryan Yardbrough

'https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mlb/blue-jays-trade-kevin-kiermaier-to-dodgers-for-lhp-ryan-yarbrough/ar-BB1qUMIv?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=151297de0be2490bb5e26557b9602307&ei=5

'The Toronto Blue Jays dealt outfielder Kevin Kiermaier to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday in exchange for left-handed pitcher Ryan Yarbrough, according to Sportsnet’s Ben Nicholson-Smith and Shi Davidi.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

funny that quote is a bit misleading and not what he's saying. He seems to think Vladdy will hit free agency and the Jays will extend him then, but if it goes that far I just can't see him staying up here. 

I hope he does and Bo too; If yet another half rebuild is in the works, it may be time to move the franchise!

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, runningback33 said:

Todays Game is an early Start 9:35am

Somebody forgot to tell the Jays 😂

Down 3-0 after 2.  At least the Orioles pitched to Vladdy with 2 out, who promptly hit a double.

• Upvote 1