Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

AB is still pretty raw defensively, but a lefty with power is something the Jays desperately need. If they can't entice Soto or someone similar to come to Toronto, Barger should be part of the lineup, either in the outfield, or at DH....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mlb/blue-jays-sign-first-round-pick-trey-yesavage-ahead-of-deadline/ar-BB1r2ue9?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=be55670298fe46fd953ea5167844901d&ei=14

'

The Blue Jays beat the trade clock earlier in the week by completing their flurry of activity with three additional deals.

With another deadline looming Thursday, this one involving 2024 draftees, the Blue Jays also came under the wire with room to spare.

The team’s jewel in this year’s draft was pitcher Trey Yesavage, a highly touted right-hander whom the Jays selected with the 20th overall pick.

When it comes to baseball’s draft, it’s all about bonus money and how much teams are willing to pony up beyond the designated slot figure.

When the price is too high for a team’s liking, a prospect drops in the order.

The slot value for the 20th selection was $4,073,400.

The Jays went a bit north, according to multiple reports, by agreeing with the East Carolina University product on a $4,177,500 bonus.

Fans couldn’t care less when it comes to the exorbitant money getting tossed around when their only concern is watching their favourite team field a winning, or at the very least a competitive product.

The reports on Yesavage, who turned 21 earlier this week, are quite positive.

------------------------------------

mal

• Like 1

Game is rain delayed, hope it does happen though.

-----------------------------------Saw an add about  Springer's 'hockey jersey' replica give way/sale- and wondered who proof read the script- 

What the heck is he talking about ' all 26 guys'?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Game is rain delayed, hope it does happen though.

-----------------------------------Saw an add about  Springer's 'hockey jersey' replica give way/sale- and wondered who proof read the script- 

What the heck is he talking about ' all 26 guys'?

I’ve had enough of these commercials, the ones he has with Guerrero for uncrustables are pretty bad too

• Vintage 1

Turned back to the Jays game, and hear the announcers saying "Kikuchi getting ready to pitch" and my first though was -"all right game on'. Then I see a funky orange uni, and then remembered- he's not a Jay anymore lol.

Anyhow -Jays game start is at 5:30pm.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Turned back to the Jays game, and hear the announcers saying "Kikuchi getting ready to pitch" and my first though was -"all right game on'. Then I see a funky orange uni, and then remembered- he's not a Jay anymore lol.

Anyhow -Jays game start is at 5:30pm.

Yep…He gave up a 2 run HR 1st inning in his Astros debut..

• Haha 1

I see the Chicago White Sox lost again today.  That's 18 in a row.

Google tells me that the longest losing streak in the modern era (since 1901) belongs to the 1961 Philadelphia Phillies who lost 23 games in a row.

History possibly in the making?

(And people here are complaining about the Blue Jays poor season!)  :classic_happy:

• Haha 1

Nice to see some ex Jays have success with their new clubs....

Justin Turner hit a Salami at T-Mobile for the M's against the Phillies and after giving up 2 early runs to the Rays, Yusei Kikuchi settled down and struck out 11, including 8 in a row, which tied Justin Verlander's team record....

'Stros won the game 3-2

• Cheers 2