Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

So what’s the over and under on Vladdy’s next contract? 1B isn’t a premium position, so I don’t think he’ll get more that what people think he’ll get on the open market. 

My guess is somewhere between 250m-300m over 10 years.

Just for comparison sake; Freddie is the highest paid first basemen (not counting Harper) and he got 25m per year. He was a little older when he signed, but he’s undoubtedly the best first basemen in the game. 

52 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

He was actually correct on Chinook.... in addition to being a term to describe wind, it's also a species of Salmon....not that I'd expect Ontarians to know that....:classic_rolleyes:

BTW....I didn't know "booter" either....

• Haha 1

Blue Jays' Bassitt says closed roof contributed to poor start

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/blue-jays-bassitt-says-closed-roof-contributed-to-poor-start/

Chris Bassitt had one of his worst outings of the season on Sunday but the veteran right-hander has a theory for why things went south.

Speaking to reporters after the loss to the Oakland A's, Bassitt said his pitches were affected by the closed roof at the Rogers Centre.

"Roof closed, completely different than roof being open, wasn't really ready for it," Bassitt said. "I had to completely change my mechanics to kinda get the movement I wanted."

• Cheers 1

On 8/1/2024 at 3:57 PM, Rip The Mesh said:

Getting Gavin Smith to forego college and sign for a little more than 17th round slot money was a good get by Shatkins. Getting their draft picks signed has been the one thing they've actually excelled at.

• Like 1