Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

Jays have a solid 5 starting pitchers going into next season.

Need an almost complete rebuild of the bull pen.

need at least 2 more 'bopper' bats-especially if they trade off Bichette

They have a few good young guys, to trade off, or to fill a few spots.

I'm fine  with Clement, Schneider and Horwitz and Barger making the opening roster.

Wagner and Lukes should get  a lot of play in next pre season- they have imo, a decent shot of earning a spot- but need more at bats to see if they are MLB level.

Having Vlad at either first or third helps with acquiring a bopper. The youth will fill a spot or two, and add depth on the bench, but more is needed.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Jays have a solid 5 starting pitchers going into next season.

Need an almost complete rebuild of the bull pen.

need at least 2 more 'bopper' bats-especially if they trade off Bichette

They have a few good young guys, to trade off, or to fill a few spots.

I'm fine  with Clement, Schneider and Horwitz and Barger making the opening roster.

Wagner and Lukes should get  a lot of play in next pre season- they have imo, a decent shot of earning a spot- but need more at bats to see if they are MLB level.

Having Vlad at either first or third helps with acquiring a bopper. The youth will fill a spot or two, and add depth on the bench, but more is needed.

I think we’ll be in on Shane Bieber in free agency and I’ve heard rumblings of us reuniting with Teoscar if the Dodgers pass on him. But Bullpen killed us this year and so did the veterans in the first half. 

• Upvote 2

Quite the game  between the Mets and Braves....I tuned in and it was 6-3 Mets...then the Braves score 4 runs in the 8th (3 of them on a bases loaded double by Ozzie Albies) to take a 7-6 lead....

Up come the Mets in the 9th and Francisco Lindor hits a 2 run homer.

Finals score: 8-7 Mets, who now have a 1 game lead and a spot in the playoffs, since both teams hold the tiebreaker over the D-Backs.

The 2nd game of the double-header is coming up, with the Braves needing the win to secure a Wild Card slot.

EDIT: What @nuckin_futz said....

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mlb/hitting-coach-guillermo-martinez-fired-by-blue-jays-after-offensive-bust-of-a-season/ar-AA1ruIL8?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d2cad2f7b12448aa83b02f59634f9bd6&ei=6

"

The Blue Jays have wasted little time to address one of the team’s most glaring weaknesses in the failed 2024 season.

After a miserable offensive output throughout a campaign in which the Jays finished 14 games below .500, a source confirms the team has let go hitting coach Guillermo Martinez, the first sign that it will alter its approach at trying to improve at the plate.

-------------------

more at link

--------------------------------

What about the other 17 hitting coaches?

so many extra people in the dug out, it is a miracle that Joey Votto was the only guy injured by tripping over something. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1