Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Kinda shot themselves in the foot by leaning towards wanting to play Minnesota.

Bats are not just silent they are smothered.  Big names are a non factor and even more so there's little to no relief with 1 inning to go for them

I don't think it mattered who the Jays played. The Twins have great pitching, but it isn't like the Twins' pitching completely shut them out. The Jays have 14 hits (more than the Twins) and 1 run to show for it.

Baserunning mistake by Bo yesterday, baserunning mistake by Vlad today, 17 LOB total... the Jays' RISP would be worse but Chapman hit into a double play with the bases loaded so they went 0-1 instead of the inevitable 0-2. Brandon Belt seems determined to swing through the strike zone with as little of the bat as possible. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Down By the River said:

I don't think it mattered who the Jays played. The Twins have great pitching, but it isn't like the Twins' pitching completely shut them out. The Jays have 14 hits (more than the Twins) and 1 run to show for it.

Baserunning mistake by Bo yesterday, baserunning mistake by Vlad today, 17 LOB total... the Jays' RISP would be worse but Chapman hit into a double play with the bases loaded so they went 0-1 instead of the inevitable 0-2. Brandon Belt seems determined to swing through the strike zone with as little of the bat as possible. 

tampa bay is a better match up they are beat up missing one of their star for being a pedo and we showed we can score against them.. ppl were saying resting player ont he last game with no intent on winning is no big deal.. sure we probably still end up wc3 coz houston won and texas lost but we still had a chance at wc2 with a houston win or lost if we won and a texas win.. heading into the wc on a W is better than a L on top of the players can't hit for sh*t so woulda been better to get more ABs in

1 hour ago, Down By the River said:

Manager names the starter, no? It's Walker's job to come up with a game plan, it's Schneider's job to vet things. Ultimately, it is part of a larger failure of this Jays team to have any sort of identity. 

No, it’s the pitching coach to examine things, if he’s tipping pitches. 

There’s also video coaches and strategy coaches behind the scene. 

14 minutes ago, shiznak said:

No, it’s the pitching coach to examine things, if he’s tipping pitches. 

There’s also video coaches and strategy coaches behind the scene. 

I didn't say it wasn't... But if the manager is the one naming the starter, before he actually names a starter, shouldn't he actually be considering what the game plan is? I'm not saying he's the one who comes up with it, but if it is ultimately his decision on who starts, surely that's something he should be asking about before naming a starter. 

13 minutes ago, Down By the River said:

I didn't say it wasn't... But if the manager is the one naming the starter, before he actually names a starter, shouldn't he actually be considering what the game plan is? I'm not saying he's the one who comes up with it, but if it is ultimately his decision on who starts, surely that's something he should be asking about before naming a starter. 

The managers usually have the rotation setup well before the next series. Everyone knew Gausman was going to be the GM1 starter, after they clinched. 

Every other manager would have done the exact same thing, regardless of past struggles. 

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Hopefully ownership realizes there's a problem and fires the entire management group.  Shapiro, Atkins, and Schneider have all proven they aren't capable of doing their jobs properly.

Hitting coach definitely needs to go, the only reason they made the playoffs in the first place was because of the Buffalo brigade (Schneider, Ernie and Horowitz). 

It was unacceptable to have as many Risp left on base and probably even worse was the amount of half swing double plays they hit into all year. 

I remember back at the beginning of the season....the Jays were World Series favorite for a lot of pundits....

But nobody saw Manoah's struggles coming.....nor did they see the lack of hitting (at least when it actually mattered) from the big bats....

Complete disappointment of a season, IMO. The talent on this team should have taken it much further....

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

I remember back at the beginning of the season....the Jays were World Series favorite for a lot of pundits....

But nobody saw Manoah's struggles coming.....nor did they see the lack of hitting (at least when it actually mattered) from the big bats....

Complete disappointment of a season, IMO. The talent on this team should have taken it much further....

Nobody saw Schneider being a complete dunce either. 

13 minutes ago, Pears said:

Nobody saw Schneider being a complete dunce either. 

Barker and Blair- guys from Toronto's sportsnet radio were saying that Schneider is taking direction from above, with many of the decisions we see.

But, since they work for 'house radio" are not prepared to actually name the problem.