[Speculation] Canucks maintaining strong interest in free agent Ethan Bear

RWJC

1 hour ago, Provost said:

This was picked up by a hockey rumours site, but no idea if there is anything to it.

Would be great if we can add Bear right now, but unless he's willing to sign for league minimum (so we can then waive Juulsen) we don't have to cap space to sign him.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Provost said:

This was picked up by a hockey rumours site, but no idea if there is anything to it.

He is coming for a try out? I really hope management takes their time in evaluating his play coming off surgery before signing him. Last thing we need is another injured D man

• Thanks 1

Even if they sign him I don't think I'd expect much, he'd be coming in cold having not played meaningful games in a long while. Not sure he'd be better than the depth guys we already have, guys who have been playing games. 

All the best to him with his health though of course. 

29 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

How bad is Irwin?

I am genuinely surprised he hasn't been called up. 

He has always been a solid 3rd pairing/depth D.  One would think he is an upgrade on guys like Juulsen and Hirose still.  Being a veteran D with a lot of games under your belt counts for a lot.

I can see him not getting a ton of time in Abby because that is a development league, but he seems ideal to be up with the big club sitting in the press box until needed.

Maybe time has just caught up with him and he can't keep up.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Provost said:

… and probably at this point spend some time in Abby on a conditioning stint if that is allowed.

Tough to start when everyone else is in mid season form.

I wish there was a way for him to be put on a PTO and play a few games with Abby first. 

Although if there are a couple interested teams, he might tell Canucks to go piss up rope.

Not sure. who knows if the tweet is even legit.

Edited by JayDangles

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Even if they sign him I don't think I'd expect much, he'd be coming in cold having not played meaningful games in a long while. Not sure he'd be better than the depth guys we already have, guys who have been playing games. 

All the best to him with his health though of course. 

Coco.You cant teach talent and experience.He didn't forget to play suddenly.He need conditioning that all.He is better then these 2 corpse we have.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lemon Face said:

Coco.You cant teach talent and experience.He didn't forget to play suddenly.He need conditioning that all.He is better then these 2 corpse we have.

Maybe not, but the players he'd be trying to replace also have talent and experience, difference is they've been getting games and practices in. It's not that I think he's forgotten how to play, I just question how effective he'll be coming into the season cold, it's been a while since he's played games. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Maybe not, but the players he'd be trying to replace also have talent and experience, difference is they've been getting games and practices in. It's not that I think he's forgotten how to play, I just question how effective he'll be coming into the season cold, it's been a while since he's played games. 

My dead grandmother is better then Juulsen

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

My dead grandmother is better then Juulsen

Not sure who you've been watching, he's been pretty effective overall. He skates well, hits well and considering he was just watching from the press box for awhile, I think he's been improving in general every game.

Not saying he's the second coming of Bobby Orr or anything, but for the most part, he's been pretty solid for 775k. 

TSN shows him as -6, but I think that's an error. If you look at his game log, last night was the first time he has been on the negative side of +/- since Sept 24th, preseason in Calgary.

Link: https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/player/noah-juulsen/106631

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Not sure who you've been watching, he's been pretty effective overall. He skates well, hits well and considering he was just watching from the press box for awhile, I think he's been improving in general every game.

Not saying he's the second coming of Bobby Orr or anything, but for the most part, he's been pretty solid for 775k. 

TSN shows him as -6, but I think that's an error. If you look at his game log, last night was the first time he has been on the negative side of +/- since Sept 24th, preseason in Calgary.

Must be reason why our eyes are glued on rumor news about trading for 1 or 2 D.We dont do that if we have ready youngster sadly.Nothing personal with Juulsen.I just have feel our forwards are to much spent trying to help defense.There is no power left in legs to do there real part.To fore-check,to be pest,and to score.Minutes of our first line D are crazy  and will fell apart sooner or later.It is hard to play this minutes.That is how injuries happens.

Edited by Lemon Face

1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

1 not true, 1 disrespectful even if a joke. Complete ass thing to say loser

Learn something about proverb or something call saying.If you cant understand what i said your problem.And on the end she was MY grandmother not yours .Why did you got offended LOSER?

6 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Maybe just the new whipping boy for the fan base y'know...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Maybe just the new whipping boy for the fan base y'know...

Nothing personal with him.Just wish for one more Hronek kind.Or at list someone who can deal with guys like Manson.We are 2 defense man far to stability.I dont have whipping boy.Right side is bad bad