Poems for Myers

Huggy Bear

On 10/20/2023 at 2:11 PM, Joe King said:

The hate is unbearable at times. A lot of people here have obviously never been bullied. I've said my piece here and won't visit this particular thread again

First of all, let me say I do appreciate your kindness and empathy. It's refreshing. I, too, get uncomfortable with pinpointing players in a negative way, but it's something players do face. They're in the spotlight and we pay good money to go see them play. Besides, even his own teammates make reference to a giraffe. I'm sure he knows it's not "hateful" or bullying. Petey's an alien, etc.

Tone matters. We're not spewing vitriol at him, it's all in fun and well intended (a kick in the butt with hope that he turns it around). We're not following him out of the rink or sending him nasty dm's. Malicious, mean spirited. This is light and goofy.

Do some want him gone? Absolutely...but that's ok. 

Have you ever seen "roasts" on TV? Comedic, not meant to be hurtful. Comedy is just that.

This is a fanbase that's earned every right to vent...I mean, we're here and that matters. Many players have been put under a critical light and some of it's well earned. If Myers read this (he won't), I'm sure he'd get a chuckle out of it. It was JT Miller...now it's Myer's turn in the hotseat. Next month it'll be someone else.

We love this team and have hung in there through some rough times recently. We're expressing some frustration (warranted) in a fun/creative way in a forum that allows us to express ourselves. 

Have you heard the stuff players yell at each other on the ice? It happens in hockey.

But, again, I really do appreciate your kindness and caring about the players...we need more of that. Your heart is in the right place.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

First of all, let me say I do appreciate your kindness and empathy. It's refreshing. I, too, get uncomfortable with pinpointing players in a negative way, but it's something players do face. They're in the spotlight and we pay good money to go see them play. Besides, even his own teammates make reference to a giraffe. I'm sure he knows it's not "hateful" or bullying. Petey's an alien, etc.

Tone matters. We're not spewing vitriol at him, it's all in fun and well intended (a kick in the butt with hope that he turns it around). We're not following him out of the rink or sending him nasty dm's. Malicious, mean spirited. This is light and goofy.

Do some want him gone? Absolutely...but that's ok. 

Have you ever seen "roasts" on TV? Comedic, not meant to be hurtful. Comedy is just that.

This is a fanbase that's earned every right to vent...I mean, we're here and that matters. Many players have been put under a critical light and some of it's well earned. If Myers read this (he won't), I'm sure he'd get a chuckle out of it. It was JT Miller...now it's Myer's turn in the hotseat. Next month it'll be someone else.

We love this team and have hung in there through some rough times recently. We're expressing some frustration (warranted) in a fun/creative way in a forum that allows us to express ourselves. 

Have you heard the stuff players yell at each other on the ice? It happens in hockey.

But, again, I really do appreciate your kindness and caring about the players...we need more of that. Your heart is in the right place.

To confirm, there was no hate intended in creating this thread. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Snow angel, snow angel

Please be gone

Snow angel, snow angel

Before dawn

Snow angel, snow angel

You cough up the puck

Snow angel, Snow angel

You bring us bad luck 

Snow angel, snow angel

Do you catch my drift?

Snow angel, snow angel

Chaos ensues your every shift 

Snow angel, snow angel 

Don’t forget to break a leg

Snow angel, snow angel

Or go back to Winnipeg 

• Haha 1

There once was a player name Myers

Who sucked so bad this limmerick wasn't even finished

But okay, if you want the full version

There once was a player named Myers

Who routinely threw the Canucks into the deep-fryers

With a check on Petey

And a pizza delivered sweetly

No sane GM would take him with a boatload of fliers ............................. too bad Mad Mike wasn't the GM of the Islanders

Edited by Rocket-68

• 2 weeks later...

I have no shame in any of mine.  He has been such a terrible player for us for so long.
I'll take a break from bashing him until he regresses.

In his career here he had one good game where he mashed Keith.  Then nothing, now he's strung together like 5 decent games.

• Upvote 1