[Report] Waivers Oct 19 - MacEwen, Simek, Harkins

RWJC

7 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

I dunno too man.... see how long Toch will keep him around...  so between Joshua and Big Mac... who do you prefer?

Big Mac. You know what you’ll get and you don’t have a coach relying on you based out of hope you’ll play up to the reason you’re still on the roster. Joshua is inconsistent and relatively ineffective. He should be a spark plug but unfortunately more of a disappointment. Again if he had a stronger skill set and utilized it then his roster spot would make sense. To me, he’s just there by default right now for lack of other plausible options 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 3

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Joshua can't even fight.  He literally bear hugs guys every time.  We legit don't even have one fighter on the roster.  I'd rather have MacEwen on the roster than Beauvillier.  What exactly does Beauvillier even do?

Well, he's actually skilled enough to play in the NHL, unlike MacEwen

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

What exactly does Beauvillier even do?

Scores in bunches, then disappears for long stretches.

Been like that his whole NHL career.

Funny, so many folk thought he was such a great acquisition in the trade. 

He was the part that made the deal a win for Vancouver! 

hehe. hohoho. snort. chuckle and guffaw.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

I’d say they are on the same level, except that MacEwen brings more truculence, presence and intimidation while Joshua brings more of a very rudimentary range. Both are fringe NHLers, but I’d argue we need more of what McEwen brings, especially when you have Joshua slotted into that specific role. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

He was part of a trade. Not sure otherwise.

He’s an NHL body. That’s it. He plays at a consistent level to be an average or less than average NHL player. We don’t have much of that in the system, therefore he’s on the roster.

You replace Beau, Garland and Myers with accurate role players in those positions and this team looks much better (on paper anyway).

Eg. Two more Lafferty’s and one Zadorov 

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Gurn said:

I think the only poster who liked Beauvillier was Alf.  He kept calling him the new Beau.  New Beau, old Beau.  I think we are better off with NO Beau...

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

Beauvillier is a one-dimensional player.  If he isn't scoring, he's a waste of a roster spot.  So, although he brings more scoring than MacEwen, Beau brings nothing else to the table and cannot be on the 3rd line.  At least with MacEwen, you can slot him in on the 4th line and he will give you 8-10 hard minutes a night.  Same with Ryan Reaves.  Beauvillier honestly does nothing on the 3rd line and at this point is a liability not an asset to this team...

12 minutes ago, Gurn said:

AND GUFFAW??? Ffs I cant believe its a hehe hohoho snort chuckle AND guffaw kinda moment. God damnit.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Gurn said:

The 1st was the win for me cause it got us Hronek, Beauvillier was a bonus and now even with better linemates and still inconsistent a good deadline piece to move for a decent rental return for someone. If the truth is Garland hasn't asked for a trade I would still much rather move Beauvillier if I'm honest. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

36 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Joshua can't even fight.  He literally bear hugs guys every time.  We legit don't even have one fighter on the roster.  I'd rather have MacEwen on the roster than Beauvillier.  What exactly does Beauvillier even do?

MacEwen isn't any better and he sucks as a hockey player too. Been there done that and 3 years for an easily replaceable player? Hard pass. 

As for Beauvillier he's streaky af been that way his whole career.

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

MacEwen isn't any better and he sucks as a hockey player too. Been there done that and 3 years for an easily replaceable player? Hard pass. 

Zack can be a spark plug with his physicality, his hitting though. Joshua is a snooze button and lacks any intensity. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

MacEwen isn't Ryan Reaves, but I bet he would beat the snot out of Dakota Joshua.  Joshua would most likely bear hug him and hang on to him like he did in the Edmonton game with Desharnais.  Meanwhile, MacEwen went toe to toe with Nurse and was about to pound him hard before Nurse pulled an MMA takedown on him...

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

MacEwen isn't Ryan Reaves, but I bet he would beat the snot out of Dakota Joshua.  Joshua would most likely bear hug him and hang on to him like he did in the Edmonton game with Desharnais.  Meanwhile, MacEwen went toe to toe with Nurse and was about to pound him hard before Nurse pulled an MMA takedown on him...

Ya. I'm not saying Zack is the bomb, but we sorely lack a player like this. I first saw Zack and Young Guns in Penticton. He brings a lot of energy.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Beauvillier is a one-dimensional player.  If he isn't scoring, he's a waste of a roster spot.  So, although he brings more scoring than MacEwen, Beau brings nothing else to the table and cannot be on the 3rd line.  At least with MacEwen, you can slot him in on the 4th line and he will give you 8-10 hard minutes a night.  Same with Ryan Reaves.  Beauvillier honestly does nothing on the 3rd line and at this point is a liability not an asset to this team...

No argument here, I said from.day 1 AB was a cap dump for LL and the Isles.  I've no use for him.......that said, tyd longer they hold on to him, the higher his value as the tdl approaches.

• Cheers 2

43 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

The contract…very good point. 

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Zack can be a spark plug with his physicality, his hitting though. Joshua is a snooze button and lacks any intensity. 

And you can sign a player like that for less than 3 years as a FA worst case scenario. I'd rather over pay to try and pry Pezzetta out of Montreal than claim an overpaid more useless player in MacEwen. Settling for aa shit player for mediocre "toughness" and an overpaid punching bag with term is beyond dumb for this team. 

• Cheers 1

I'd take Big Mac over Garland and Beauvillier. They have a combined 1 point. Goodness me, Big Mac also has 1 point this season. He's matching their combined output. At least people don't see Big Mac and think "hey, I should face wash and shove this guy." I don't care if he doesn't score, at least when he's on the ice other players aren't waiting to push him around. Garland and Beau aren't scoring AND they're getting bullied. Time to goon it up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, Diamonds said:

Just because MacEwan can fight doesn't mean he makes the Canucks better. I'll take both Joshua and Studnicka over him and one of them is getting scratched as soon as Blueger is healthy.

and just because he will fight doesn't mean he can fight. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1