[Report] Waivers Oct 19 - MacEwen, Simek, Harkins

RWJC

No Zack then. I suppose the three year contract scared some teams off. I guess the Canucks carry on with a chaos master, who's a muffin, and a big physical player in Jousha, who's a muffin. Flyers showed how easy Canucks are to beat when you play them physical. The books been out for years, yet here they are, still the same. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

32 minutes ago, Rekker said:

No Zack then. I suppose the three year contract scared some teams off. I guess the Canucks carry on with a chaos master, who's a muffin, and a big physical player in Jousha, who's a muffin. Flyers showed how easy Canucks are to beat when you play them physical. The books been out for years, yet here they are, still the same. 

Remember the 80's to mid-late 2000's?    So do I.   It's disgraceful.    We weren't "soft" during that era. 

Edited by IBatch

13 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Remember the 80's to mid-late 2000's?    So do I.   It's disgraceful.    We weren't "soft" during that era. 

Not sure if I understand your point Batch. We weren't good at that time, if that's what you're eluding to. But we aren't good now, at least so far this season. As a fan, I'd rather be not good but at least physical and tough to play against. We have some talent now, but soft as usual so what's the point of having any talent if a team just plays us hard and we suck. Playing small, and unable to recover from being pushed by other teams is the Canucks identity right. now. 

• ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Not sure if I understand your point Batch. We weren't good at that time, if that's what you're eluding to. But we aren't good now, at least so far this season. As a fan, I'd rather be not good but at least physical and tough to play against. We have some talent now, but soft as usual so what's the point of having any talent if a team just plays us hard and we suck. Playing small, and unable to recover from being pushed by other teams is the Canucks identity right. now. 

We never got pushed around physically in the 80-late 2000's.   That's the point.    Know a lot of that has to do with the league changing. We always had a tough team though, until we no longer did.   And 100% agree.   We weren't good during the Keenan era, but we're very very tough for example.   Our character guys from the early 80's, we're traded for a kings ransom later by Quin.  Some of them anyways.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

57 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Really? You though MacEwen would make us tougher? He wouldn't do shit and doesn't instill fear in anyone.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NucksRuleYou said:

Really? You though MacEwen would make us tougher? He wouldn't do shit and doesn't instill fear in anyone.

Of course he'd make us tougher.   The shit part well suppose that depends.   There is still room for these guys.  

6 minutes ago, IBatch said:

We never got pushed around physically in the 80-late 2000's.   That's the point.    Know a lot of that has to do with the league changing. We always had a tough team though, until we no longer did.   And 100% agree.   We weren't good during the Keenan era, but we're very very tough for example.   Our character guys from the early 80's, we're traded for a kings ransom later by Quin.  Some of them anyways.   

Gotcha. I miss the 94 team more than ever partner

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NucksRuleYou said:

I have said that Zack is not the hill I want to die on. But ffs, enough is enough already with getting pushed around. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/19/2023 at 12:48 PM, -dlc- said:

He's 6'4" 240 lbs and will fight with anyone.

I don't care if he sucks, we need a guy like that.

393765956_10160586010625549_700011886406

Totally agree...we still lack a lot of toughnesss out there. Time to time we still see guys taking advantage of Pete and no one steps in. With Joshua and Macewen on the same line would be fun to watch!! 

8 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

Totally agree...we still lack a lot of toughnesss out there. Time to time we still see guys taking advantage of Pete and no one steps in. With Joshua and Macewen on the same line would be fun to watch!! 

100 percent. I bet Mac would help Joshau play tougher as well. Nothing like a tough ass wingman

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Rekker said:

This is probably the most accurate post on the internet. Cheers. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, NucksRuleYou said:

Zack MacEwen has more points than Anthony Beauvillier. Beauvillier also can’t do shit and doesn’t instil fear in anyone. At least MacEwen will drop the gloves and stick up for his teammates.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

Of course he'd make us tougher.   The shit part well suppose that depends.   There is still room for these guys.  

I remember the game when Scott Walker fought Chris Murray and Murray knocked Walker out. What do you think happened the very next period?  Donald Brashear stuck up for his teammate and went after Chris Murray. They literally dropped the gloves at centre ice. Donald Brashear knocked out Chris Murray. That was probably the most gratifying revenge fight that I witnessed in Vancouver Canucks history. I miss those days. Our team today is an embarrassment and is as soft as butter. 

If anyone doesn’t believe me and wants proof of this story, I brought the receipts.  Here is the video evidence…

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Rekker said:

We went to the finals and almost won the cup with arguably the biggest and toughest team in Vancouver Canucks history. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Cap wise, how can you pay anyone less than what he's on?

I thought he was making more but the term makes it moot and he's not a good player at all, people need to see more than the minute level of toughness he brings, you could find another tough player without the term and that can actually play.

On 10/19/2023 at 10:32 PM, Bob Long said:

I get that, but did you enjoy the way Philly pushed us around? we'll be facing that regularly. I get it, Mac isn't going to score. But to have that around as a 13th F option seems fine to me if we can swing it cap wise. 

Then get one that can learn Tocchets system.

Sorry to say but Zach is lost on the ice similar to Virtanen.