[PGT] Tampa vs. Vancouver. Tampa wins 4-3

Chickenspear

43 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Again, you lack self control and trying hard as you may to look sophisticated by taking jabs at people by pretending to be subtle which you aren't is condescending. I get people like you, don't worry. Anyways back to hockey talk I am done responding to someone who wants people to accept that behaviour. 

Just because YOU view my words with a certain slant don't make it so.   I already explained the intention behind them, and all the signs were already there to begin with.

Even after an explanation was provided after the fact you act like nothing was said at all.

That's certainly an interesting approach to resolving a misunderstanding. I can only conclude that you aren't really looking for a resolution-- you're looking be to righteous.

Respectfully, you're wrong about what you think you know about my words and especially what you think you know about me.

But then that's a you problem and I don't really care what you think anyway. Obviously nothing I say will change that, right young grasshopper?  Now hop along and have yourself a good night.

Edited by Canuckle
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Duke said:

I’m not sure how serious Faber takes them.  Not too much, I hope.  It’s just some weird stats thing he cooked up. 

As a dawg-related note, last year OEL had like no dogs or even negative dogs.  But to start the year I bet he’s flush with dogs over in Florida.  So what does it all mean, anyways?

What is Kessel's DAWG rating? 😆

• ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

BREAKING NEWS: Tyler Myers sucks. 

dude that’s not breaking!

Easier said than done but I want to see Allvin be decisive.  Beauvillier and Meyers aint helping things.  

• Haha 1

Another game letting up almost 40 shots, so much for that solid defensive structure. Bad PK as well, same old team. Good to see our stars do well and we played hard until the end but this is down to coaching right now to get us through this little rut in a key time of the season. Can't be dropping to under .500 over the next few games.

Blame Myers as much as we want but he's not the only problem out there.

Kuzmenko really hasn't been very good so far, I wonder if we just wait for Mikheyev before shuffling him around the lineup.

On defence, our bottom pairing guys are getting killed. I wonder if we don't get Hirose back in and how bad can Irwin possibly be?

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It’s no wonder that dunce was never hired again. 

I knew it right away. Nobody can do such poor work and get another job. What's he learned from ruining this franchise? 

Why can't we have a solid GM? Allvin - I think the jury is still out on whether he can assemble a championship calibre team. Is he the right guy?

1 minute ago, AngelicHearts said:

At least we scored some goals this time. 😶‍🌫️

True. If we were shut out again, I think the boys might be squeezing their sticks a little for Saturday's tilt against the Panthers. 

And how the fuck is Vegas who has been in the league less than a decade, won a championship, and now has tied the best start for a defending champion, at 5-0. They gonna break all kinds of fucking records and go 82-0? 

FUCK VEGAS

• ThereItIs 1

31 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Just because YOU view my words with a certain slant don't make it so.   I already explained the intention behind them, and all the signs were already there to begin with.

Even after an explanation was provided after the fact you act like nothing was said at all.

That's certainly an interesting approach to resolving a misunderstanding. I can only conclude that you aren't really looking for a resolution-- you're looking be to righteous.

Respectfully, you're wrong about what you think you know about my words and especially what you think you know about me.

But then that's a you problem and I don't really care what you think anyway. Obviously nothing I say will change that, right young grasshopper?  Now hop along and have yourself a good night.

No one cares...Good on you...okay....later. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

15 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Another game letting up almost 40 shots, so much for that solid defensive structure. Bad PK as well, same old team. Good to see our stars do well and we played hard until the end but this is down to coaching right now to get us through this little rut in a key time of the season. Can't be dropping to under .500 over the next few games.

Blame Myers as much as we want but he's not the only problem out there.

Kuzmenko really hasn't been very good so far, I wonder if we just wait for Mikheyev before shuffling him around the lineup.

On defence, our bottom pairing guys are getting killed. I wonder if we don't get Hirose back in and how bad can Irwin possibly be?

This entire season is key. Unlike other teams around the league, this team can't afford to have lulls like the one we're entering into (2 game losing streak, is it going to be 3 by the time Saturday is done?). 

Kuzmenko's gotta get going. This losing streak is testing the depth of the team, and right now, it's not looking very good. Beau has done shit and he's being paid 4.1M. Myers is going bananas with his poor play and it's causing his team to lose. I'm not sure how he can see how he's playing well, when his mistakes in Philly exasperated an already poor evening by everyone else. It's like pouring oil on a house already on fire. 

Bottom pairing guys, it's true, they're getting killed. Send Juulsen back to Abby, the guy can't play in the league. Hirose is probably a better option, except that he's a LHD, and not a RHD like Juulsen is. 

3 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

Buffalo has the youngest roster in the league.  Their young talent (and they have a lot of it) is only going to get better.  Vancouver is somewhere in the middle age wise.  I don’t think they're really comparables 

Quotes lose context a bit and admittedly I’m not the best at quoting people. I was saying buffalo is in the same step as Ottawa, not Vancouver. I love our boys, but honestly I see Buffalo and Ottawa finishing ahead of us in points this year. 

Edited by GrammaInTheTub
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Quotes lose context a bit and admittedly I’m not the best at quoting people. I was saying buffalo is in the same step as Ottawa, not Vancouver. I love our boys, but honestly I see Buffalo and Ottawa finishing ahead of us in points this year. 

Can't expect the mess left behind from the previous management to be cleaned up that fast (imho).  Not going to comment on those other two teams as I don't follow them.  I'm less concerned with how we finish in the standings this year as a result.  I like how things are going in general (even if the results are what we want). 

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

39 minutes ago, A_G said:

dude that’s not breaking!

Easier said than done but I want to see Allvin be decisive.  Beauvillier and Meyers aint helping things.  

No but it just feels like no matter what he can do what he wants and the coaches don't hold him accountable. Ignore his mistakes completely. McWard does the same thing, he's stapled to the bench . Double standard. I don't get how that's healthy for anyone.

Something is up with this team

It doesn’t seem like they’re mentally tough… How can they start the season so well

And so quickly they’re playing like shit? 

The coaching staff needs to protect this team from sh*** players that are f**king everything up

addition from subtraction… Get rid of Myers Juul and Beau

8 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

No but it just feels like no matter what he can do what he wants and the coaches don't hold him accountable. Ignore his mistakes completely. McWard does the same thing, he's stapled to the bench . Double standard. I don't get how that's healthy for anyone.

he’s a respected veteran.  as much as i think it would do both VAN and Myers good to have a change of scenery, you dont need to bench him.   I think he cares and is accountable, but hes too mistake prone.  trading him would qualify as a  message sent.  

Edited by A_G
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

The team is in the midst of a culture change. That doesn't happen overnight, and to be honest a team with a soft self-concept will suffer through highs and lows. Remember how when Marky let in a softy, we were all, "Here we go again!" Do you know who else was saying that? The team. When you expect bad things, they happen, imagine that. We saw a good effort tonight against a talented team with a positive self-image and track record of success. Chalk up a win for a good home team due for a bounce-back game. The Canucks will get their mojo back, a couple of wins, and some home cooking at the end of this trip will do the trick. East Coast trips suck, playing early, all the travel, etc, it's always been hard for Western teams to win in the East. It sounds like Tocchet hasn't helped with stupid bag skates the day before a game. The first half of the season will be up and down, as the culture changes. I expect the second half to be better as the culture is reinforced with more success. Let's hope the team isn't out of playoff contention by then. 

Totally agree the importance of culture - you look at some teams like the Bruins (not a favourite of mine) - and there they are today - tops in the division again (albeit very early in the season) after losing 4-5 key players. 

Other than the Philly game, the Canuck's compete level has not been bad - hopefully once they get back after this road trip, they can get some success and consistency at home.  With Myers and some of his inconsistent play, I see a similar situation with what LA did with Edler - slightly less minutes but they should be quality minutes - either in the PK or part of stronger defensive pairing.  Maybe that should be his targeted focus rather than trying to be all world - we really do need to keep the puck out of our net before we get any success.

• Cheers 1