[PGT] Tampa vs. Vancouver. Tampa wins 4-3

Chickenspear

10 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Something is up with this team

It doesn’t seem like they’re mentally tough… How can they start the season so well

And so quickly they’re playing like shit? 

The coaching staff needs to protect this team from sh*** players that are f**king everything up

addition from subtraction… Get rid of Myers Juul and Beau

Ya but really there are just too many holes on this ship and not enough assets to trade to fix them. We are in that no man's land because really what can they do? They don't have the players they need and have nothing that teams want to acquire them. It's hard when there is more than one piece that they need. I just feel this team lacks an overall toughness. It's embarassing how we get pushed around but again what really can management do without starting over? It feels like we are just wasting time. An impact physical power forward and an impact defensive tough dman. Those don't grow on trees. We haves lacked both of those for a while.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

It's amazing the stupidity I see in our fanbase about our team and management. Management has told us this wasn't going to be an easy or quick fix. They told us that if everything goes right they could maybe make the playoffs this year.

It's pretty fucking clear they have a plan that they are building to, but people are getting all pissy because they apparently couldn't get it all done at once. This was always going to take some time, people. But, apparently, there are some straight up morons in our fanbase who like to pretend our management thinks this team is a contender when they have literally said the opposite. They know there are still issues with this team and they are working to fix it. That is why I trust them over the losers who bitch and moan about the OEL buyout.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, NucksRuleYou said:

It's amazing the stupidity I see in our fanbase about our team and management. Management has told us this wasn't going to be an easy or quick fix. They told us that if everything goes right they could maybe make the playoffs this year.

It's pretty fucking clear they have a plan that they are building to, but people are getting all pissy because they apparently couldn't get it all done at once. This was always going to take some time, people. But, apparently, there are some straight up morons in our fanbase who like to pretend our management thinks this team is a contender when they have literally said the opposite. They know there are still issues with this team and they are working to fix it. That is why I trust them over the losers who bitch and moan about the OEL buyout.

lol. I don't think anyone expects them to be cup contenders but the problem is they don't have the assets to fix their holes. Even when they gain more money when Myers and garland are gone you have to pay Pettersson and Hronek. The players who are young and exciting are a few years away. It's clear to everyone the mix isn't right. It's the fact they dont have the assets to make improvements. That's just the reality. You can't always trade top picks to plug holes or then you don't have players in your system to come up and fill those holes. Which is the big problem right now. They don't even have picks to trade. I don't think it's smart to call people stupid and morons. You just have to look at the assets and picks to realize they have a bit of a problem when it comes to making moves. There hands are tied from prior managements decisions. It's a very tough situation. They are trying, it's just Benning really made a lot of bad decisions. It's on the owner as well for leaving him in there so long. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

lol. I don't think anyone expects them to be cup contenders but the problem is they don't have the assets to fix their holes. Even when they gain more money when Myers and garland are gone you have to pay Pettersson and Hronek. The players who are young and exciting are a few years away. It's clear to everyone the mix isn't right. It's the fact they dont have the assets to make improvements. That's just the reality. You can't always trade top picks to plug holes or then you don't have players in your system to come up and fill those holes. Which is the big problem right now. They don't even have picks to trade. I do t think it's smart to call people stupid and morons. You just have to look at the assets and picks to realize they have a bit of a problem when it comes to making moves.

Yeah, and they've shown they not only know all that, but they are actively trying to find ways to fix these problems. You keep bringing up issues assuming our management are oblivious to when they directly told us they know there are problems. So, you just proved my point.

3 minutes ago, NucksRuleYou said:

Yeah, and they've shown they not only know all that, but they are actively trying to find ways to fix these problems. You keep bringing up issues assuming our management are oblivious to when they directly told us they know there are problems. So, you just proved my point.

I never said anything about our management being oblivious but ok. It's a forum. People can post what they want but attacking people and calling them names is not the best way to go about it but you do you. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

MOST LEAGUES PLAY TWICE A WEEK SOME UP TO THREE IN JUNIOR OR BCHL..PLAYERS MUCH YOUNGER..NOT EASY WITH 80 PLUS GAMES..AS LONG AS THEY CAN GET ON SOME WIN STREAKS AND JUST PLAY GOOD SMART HOCKEY IM OK WITH THAT...WIN OR LOSE ..I KEEP SAYING THIS BUT OLD STYLE HOCKEY HAS AND WILL NOT GO AWAY..YOU NEED THAT GUY THAT WILL DICTATE THE GAME..YOU NEED TO SET THE TONE EARLY AND IF DOWN GOOD TEAMS RESPOND WITH SOMETHING..A FIGHT A GOAL A BIG HIT..I HAVE WATCHED HUNDREDS OF GAMES...WHEN THE CANUCKS GET INVOLVED PHYSICALLY THEY WIN AND PLAY MUCH BETTER..TO DO THIS EVERY GAME NOT SUSTAINABLE...THEY ARE ON THE PATH TO BECOME BETTER...YES MORE GRITT EVEN FROM SOME OF THE SKILLED PLAYERS BUT NEED TO BE SMART AND NOT GET INJURED..PLAY TOUGH HOCKEY BUT SMART..

Edited by HOCKEYGOD77
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

If you want to be taken seriously please stop with the stupid comments like calling people young grasshopper. Shows no respect to people who post. It also shows that you feel your opinion is above the poster that you are responding to without giving them the respect they deserve. I find that when people feel threatened by something they resort to belittling others or name calling in subtle ways.

Thats usually been a characteristic with these hardcore Benning fanboys. Its a typical sign of insecurity when people resort to belittling and insults to get their point across

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

lol. I don't think anyone expects them to be cup contenders but the problem is they don't have the assets to fix their holes. Even when they gain more money when Myers and garland are gone you have to pay Pettersson and Hronek. The players who are young and exciting are a few years away. It's clear to everyone the mix isn't right. It's the fact they dont have the assets to make improvements. That's just the reality. You can't always trade top picks to plug holes or then you don't have players in your system to come up and fill those holes. Which is the big problem right now. They don't even have picks to trade. I don't think it's smart to call people stupid and morons. You just have to look at the assets and picks to realize they have a bit of a problem when it comes to making moves. There hands are tied from prior managements decisions. It's a very tough situation. They are trying, it's just Benning really made a lot of bad decisions. It's on the owner as well for leaving him in there so long. 

Yup, it sucks but it is what it is....the Canucks are going to suck for the next few years....period...

1 hour ago, filthy animal said:

Thats usually been a characteristic with these hardcore Benning fanboys. Its a typical sign of insecurity when people resort to belittling and insults to get their point across

Kinda like reducing someone’s opinion to “Benning fanboy”?

lol this place is too good sometimes.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

lol. I don't think anyone expects them to be cup contenders but the problem is they don't have the assets to fix their holes. Even when they gain more money when Myers and garland are gone you have to pay Pettersson and Hronek. The players who are young and exciting are a few years away. It's clear to everyone the mix isn't right. It's the fact they dont have the assets to make improvements. That's just the reality. You can't always trade top picks to plug holes or then you don't have players in your system to come up and fill those holes. Which is the big problem right now. They don't even have picks to trade. I don't think it's smart to call people stupid and morons. You just have to look at the assets and picks to realize they have a bit of a problem when it comes to making moves. Their hands are tied from prior managements decisions. It's a very tough situation. They are trying, it's just Benning really made a lot of bad decisions. It's on the owner as well for leaving him in there so long. 

I didn’t expect them to contend for another 2-3 years.. but I expected them to build something to compete for a playoff spot at least.. this is a make a break year in terms of EP re signing long term.. or asking to be traded.. they should have been more aggressive when they had cap space after buying out OEL and tried to move beauvillier and or garland then instead of maxing out the cap and dealing from desperation in moving those 2 coz we have no cap space. Or at least try hard at getting ep signed.. seems like there weren’t much serious negotiations as they assume they have plenty of time till next summer since he’s a rfa. They are not willing to retain on garland.. they are dead set on getting value for a player no one wants at the current cap I doubt the garland Myers beauvillier situation will resolve till the TDL and that might be too late. Oh well let see what happens.. but really the team haven’t improved much under tocchet structure in terms of limiting other teams shots and shot attempts. We were bad last year and so far after 4 games we are even worse.. 3rd worse behind Columbus and Chicago lol.. I’ve said it in the summer tocchet structure gives up way too many shot attempts.. and we don’t have the players to play that defensive style of hockey. We average 35-36 shots on goal against per game against the playoff caliber teams last year after tocchet took over. Thats way too many against the good teams.. literally requires the goalie to not just be good.. but stand on their head to even have a chance..

3 hours ago, NucksRuleYou said:

When a team needs everything to go right to just make the playoffs then yes ... the team isn't a good team.

I am surprised that people are surprised the results of the last 2 games. This team, by odds makers and analysts, didn't even project this team to make the playoffs.

We only have ourselves to blame thinking a roster that hasn't been improved from the last 3 season is suddenly going to be a Top 3 team in the Division 🤪🤣 

Edited by iinatcc

IMO a big reason the Canucks dominated CGY in the pre season was having a shutdown line like Aman Bluegar Studnicka.  And they can generate scoring chances.  I hope we see them bsck together sooner than later.

Joshua Sutr Lafferty would have an identity as well.  

Hoagie/Studnicka rotating in/out battling for ice time would be good for them this season.

😗

9 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

People said OEL sucked last year and now he has 2 points in 4 games and playing shut down in Florida to be fair. 

That's pretty deceiving. He's looked OK some games but much like the OEL we know all too well in others. The fact he's playing big minutes is a big problem for Florida.

9 minutes ago, sashimi said:

That's pretty deceiving. He's looked OK some games but much like the OEL we know all too well in others. The fact he's playing big minutes is a big problem for Florida.

or maybe he's put in a position he actually excels in with a competent partner that compliments each other unlike with the canucks?? where we dont have compatible D partner up and down the lineup? and he doesn't need to be the big minute guy in florida they just need him to be until ekblad is back from injury in december.

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

or maybe he's put in a position he actually excels in with a competent partner that compliments each other unlike with the canucks?? where we dont have compatible D partner up and down the lineup? and he doesn't need to be the big minute guy in florida they just need him to be until ekblad is back from injury in december.

No dude. Watch some of Florida's games. He just doesn't have the feet to keep up in this league anymore. His edge work is non-existent.

Ekblad and Montour are both gonna be out a while too. Will definitely be interesting to see how OEL holds up. I wouldn't expect much.

9 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I like the guys they added. But at the end of the day, we don't have enough top end talent cause we refused to rebuild properly. Miller, Petey, and Boeser are not enough up front. Hughes and Hronek are not enough on D just like Hughes and OEL wasn't enough. 

My heart wants to believe that we have enough to make a run. But my gut (intuition) keeps telling me that this teams organizational depth has been an issue and limits this teams ceiling to achieve the ultimate goal. You are correct, they refused to rebuild properly.

But ready or not here we come. We don’t have a choice, but to try and compete now or else we chance to lose our superstar player. If this team does enough to convince him to sign then we can continue to build around him. But if it doesn’t work and we are forced to trade him, it will be more of a hockey deal (Tkachuk trade) then a tare down rebuild. It’s never been this teams (owners) MO. It’s not going to change now. 

Edited by EP Phone Home

37 minutes ago, AussieCanuckinUK said:

anyone else notice how badly they have been outshot in the last 3 games? so much for the team blocking shots....

It's our possession time and offensive zone time. They have been brutal, and those crap stats lead to being outshot and lack of PP's. They got to figure this out. Oh, and Myers has got to sit.