[PGT] Tampa vs. Vancouver. Tampa wins 4-3

Chickenspear

57 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Me?  I'd drop Kuzmenko down to the third line because he's not got the tenacity he had last year.

Barbashev Eichel Marchessault

Cotter Stephenson Stone

Howden Karlsson Amadio

Carrier Roy Kolesar

Hague Pietrangelo

Martinez Theodore

McNabb Whitecloud

Hill

Thompson

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Devron said:

I don’t care about plus/minus. I care about not making stupid plays at always the wrong time. Myers is a tire fire. I don’t care about it goal. I care about him playing defence. Clearing pucks and not gifting the opposition goals 

That's why a couple of years ago, I started calling him Tyler Fires! 😆

This guy just brings it upon himself. 

Wish him the best as a person, but he doesn't belong on this team. 

Maybe we can find some sucker team to take him.

• Vintage 1

40 minutes ago, Blue said:

Something about flying to Philly maybe

Oilers put forth 'unacceptable' effort, lose to Flyers in disheartening fashion

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/oilers-put-forth-unacceptable-effort-lose-to-flyers-in-disheartening-fashion/

Hey, maybe we should hire Torts. Oh ya, been there, done that, didn’t work any more than Boudreau, Green, Desjardins,  keenan, yada yada. 

23 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Plenty of time for Petterson to be signed.  I'm not worried until potential UFA walk for 2 more years.  The Canucks has two more years to prove it to Petterson that they have done everything with Myers gone and better defence.  We already have elite goalie, no need to panic.  Give it time for as long as the coach recognize that Myers has not been good to start the season in last 3 games.

I remain convinced this group cannot win and if they don’t, I want management to blow it all up. I’m a lot calmer now and I overreacted earlier, but I stand by my belief. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I'm seeing a huge lack of compete, fearlessness, grit, and more natural complacency. A lot of this seems to be innate and also between the ears.

Going into games against high skill, high motor teams, imo, they just don't believe they can win. That's what I'm thinking. Especially tonight. That's what it all looks like. 

But I'm willing to give it all more time since they may be trying to adapt to the coaching staff's structure and just effing up and making way too many mistakes.

I think what I'm saying is I don't think they have the size required to play that hard, gritty type Rick Tocchet hockey to 100% just yet. They have it in places for sure, but with so many guys on the smallerish side, more often than not, they probably aren't going to come up with the goods. Not just in terms of puck battles on the boards but battles in front of the net too, even pushing for position though the neutral zone. Getting out-worked, out-muscled in so many ways.

Tocc said the effort was there tonight, and I agree with that to large degree. And shooting themselves in the foot is mostly what they did tonight... so I don't neccesarily think what I'm saying  is correlated to this particular game per se. But... more of an observation about the team and the game Tocc wants to play in general, know what I mean? But I could be wrong.

• Cheers 2

This is the problem though. The defense is still horrible even with the additions. It's a big issue and they are still missing two quality dmen that can actually play defense. Why did Seattle let Soucy walk? Soucy to me is almost a Poolman 2.0. Until this team gets bigger and tougher and stops trading with only Pittsburgh, we aren't going anywhere. The only moves Allvin seems to be able to make is with his former team. This team is soft that's why Tochett keeps using that word to describe them. 

4 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

He's wearing the wrong jersey. 😆

It’s Myers, don’t think it matters in his mind. Would explain a lot. 
I’ll miss the big guy when he’s gone though…maybe?

Edited by RWJC

4 minutes ago, Knucklhd said:

Take Garland off of Petey's line...I feel he is sucking the life out of it. Hell try Hogs for now at least.

Id love to see hogs on the top line for now

At least Hoglander was positively noticable tonight

1 minute ago, Canuckle said:

I think what I'm saying is I don't think they have the size required to play that hard, gritty type Rick Tocchet hockey to 100% just yet. They have it in places for sure, but with so many guys on the smallerish side, more often than not, they probably aren't going to come up with the goods. Not just in terms of puck battles on the boards but battles in front of the net too, even pushing for position though the neutral zone. Getting out-worked, out-muscled in so many ways.

Tocc said the effort was there tonight, and I agree with that to large degree. And shooting themselves in the foot is mostly what they did tonight... so I don't neccesarily think what I'm saying  is correlated to this particular game per se. But... more of an observation about the team and the game Tocc wants to play in general, know what I mean? But I could be wrong.

I agree with you. We don't have that size to play Tocchet hockey and win those battles he's been talking about since last year. It's evidenced how we've had to give Hoglander a shot, kept Beauvilier, Garland on the top line. Everyone is getting outworked and out-muscled and it is the bigger issue. 

Even these smaller guys giving 100% effort, they're at their ceiling, which just isn't enough.

I do know what you mean. We're seeing two different things with the team at large. I'm also seeing that innately they know that they're not big enough and it's impacting their confidence and game going in ... ie: between the ears. 

16 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I don't understand what he was attempting to do here.

If he saw the puck & rushed in to fish it out, okay, but it's like he ignored the puck halfway in then just decided to dogpile anyone he could.

Maybe he tripped over one of the hashmarks?

• Haha 1