[PGT] Tampa vs. Vancouver. Tampa wins 4-3

Chickenspear

Listening to comments from the players, it's frustrating listening already to how they seem satisfied that they played hard. That really is the standard now? Well at least we didn't quit and played hard. I don't know. It just feels the same. They get satisfied so easily. Losing isn't unacceptable to this group. Until it is, they will struggle to consistently put wins together. They still struggle to start games strong and then wonder why they get scored on first all the time. How about control play for once at the start of games. Weird how often they struggle with this. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I remain convinced this group cannot win and if they don’t, I want management to blow it all up. I’m a lot calmer now and I overreacted earlier, but I stand by my belief. 

This group? How many players are even left from say 2 years ago?

Miller, Petey, Boeser, Hughes, Demko, Hoglander, Myers, Garland..... Juulsen, Podkolzin, Poolman.  ?

Garland is probably getting shipped soon. Myers likely at the trade deadline. Podz in the AHL (hopefully comes up soon.) Poolman on LTIR probably never playing again. Juulsen  is a shitty stop gap won't be sticking around when a better option comes.

So... that leaves basically 7 guys. Out of a 23 man roster. How many new guys in the last 2 years. But those remaining 7 players are the problem? C'mon now.

Truth is, Rutherford and Alvin have been blowing up the team already... just keeping the good stuff while they do it. : )

Patience, young grasshopper.

Edited by Canuckle
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

This group? How many players are even left from say 2 years ago?

Miller, Petey, Boeser, Hughes, Demko, Hoglander, Myers, Garland..... Juulsen, Podkolzin, Poolman.  ?

Garland is probably getting shipped soon. Myers likely at the trade deadline. Podz in the AHL (hopefully comes up soon.) Poolman on LTIR probably never playing again. Juulsen  is a shitty stop gap won't be sticking around when a better option comes.

So... that leaves basically 7 guys. Out of a 23 man roster. 16 new guys in the last 2 years. But those remaining 7 players are the problem? C'mon now.

Truth is, Rutherford and Alvin have been blowing up the team already... just keeping the good stuff while they do it. : )

Patience, young grasshopper.

If you want to be taken seriously please stop with the stupid comments like calling people young grasshopper. Shows no respect to people who post. It also shows that you feel your opinion is above the poster that you are responding to without giving them the respect they deserve. I find that when people feel threatened by something they resort to belittling others or name calling in subtle ways.

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Listening to comments from the players, it's frustrating listening already to how they seem satisfied that they played hard. That really is the standard now? Well at least we didn't quit and played hard. I don't know. It just feels the same. They get satisfied so easily. Losing isn't unacceptable to this group. Until it is, they will struggle to consistently put wins together. They still struggle to start games strong and then wonder why they get scored on first all the time. How about control play for once at the start of games. Weird how often they struggle with this. 

The point is if they put that kind of effort and clean up the shitty breakdowns they will win more games than they lose. Not a question of patting themselves on the back, but talking about habits and consistency. The rest should theoretically take care of itself as the season progresses.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

I feel like PSG could be losing his job soon if he can't stay consistent... And that would be a real shame when he wasn't given an opportunity from Green/Boudreau 

Well what has he done really to stay on the second unit? He really shouldn't be there at all. Shows our lack of depth. How many teams have passed him over?

• Vintage 1

Just now, Canuckle said:

The point is if they put that kind of effort and clean up the shitty breakdowns they will win more games than they lose. Not a question of patting themselves on the back, but talking about habits and consistency. The rest should theoretically take care of itself as the season progresses.

Well said, young grasshopper! 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Canuckle said:

Ya we have heard this song before. Go out and do it already. Enough talk.

3 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Habits and consistency are the foundation. 

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well what has he done really to stay on the second unit? He really shouldn't be there at all. Shows our lack of depth. How many teams have passed him over?

Well... To be fair, he did have a hot streak late last year and was so eager to show more... Toc had no choice but to reward him with a 2nd line role.

But he's just not a real late bloomer... His game is best suited for bottom 6 only... Just crash & bang and cause turnovers...

30 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’m aware of this fact, but thank you.

I was asking the other poster a question to jog their memory. 

The point you're missing is that just because a former GM hasn't been hired yet does not automatically conclude "bad" regardless of what you think about their body of work, Tyler Myers or anyone else. Gillis ain't worked neither.  Ergo, he must be as bad as Benning.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuckle said:

The point you're missing is that just because a former GM hasn't been hired yet does not automatically conclude "bad" regardless of what you think about their body of work, Tyler Myers or anyone else. Gillis ain't worked neither.  Ergo, he must be as bad as Benning.

The closest Jim Benning is going to get to the "Executive (GM) of the year" NHL award is if he pays admission to the hockey hall of fame.

Just early observation here... Has Kuz slowed down quite a bit despite claims of weight loss over the summer?? Sure hope he won't experience sophomore jinx!!

Also, is Suter still an effective 3C most of you raved about?? I tried so hard to watch his play every shift but it's just been so underwhelming!! 

Friedman was a pleasant surprise tonight!! You can tell he's desperate to stay up!!!

Let's hope the team can bounce back with the return of Mik and Teddy B!!! 

2 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Wrong. Gillis worked as an instructor at UVic, stayed relevant. Two points for the use of the word ergo. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

The team is in the midst of a culture change. That doesn't happen overnight, and to be honest a team with a soft self-concept will suffer through highs and lows. Remember how when Marky let in a softy, we were all, "Here we go again!" Do you know who else was saying that? The team. When you expect bad things, they happen, imagine that. We saw a good effort tonight against a talented team with a positive self-image and track record of success. Chalk up a win for a good home team due for a bounce-back game. The Canucks will get their mojo back, a couple of wins, and some home cooking at the end of this trip will do the trick. East Coast trips suck, playing early, all the travel, etc, it's always been hard for Western teams to win in the East. It sounds like Tocchet hasn't helped with stupid bag skates the day before a game. The first half of the season will be up and down, as the culture changes. I expect the second half to be better as the culture is reinforced with more success. Let's hope the team isn't out of playoff contention by then. 

• Upvote 1