[PGT] Tampa vs. Vancouver. Tampa wins 4-3

Chickenspear

Hoglander looked great, and has shown he is trying to "earn his ice-time" as RT says... 
I think he's earned a shot on Miller or Pete's line. 
Kuzmenko needs a demotion or something to spark him back up. 

Miller has not been suffering from the same spell of shoddy play that he had starting last year - he's been on fire. 
Myers... yeah.. 78 games left of this guy. 
Can't wait to see #53 and #65 added to the mix. 

9 hours ago, Dom said:

PDG/Beau/Studnicka/Joshua/Myers all not good enough. 

I'd rather see any of Dries/Bains/Aman/Bloom/Raty/McWard/Wolanin/Hirose play.

It can't be any worse. 

& I'd love to see Lafferty w/Petey & Kuz for at least a game. 

Kuz is the one you knock off that line

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I'm starting to fear the worst because I'm seeing too much of the same old crap. I fear this team is like a face with too many botched face jobs. It can't come back from all that damage to ever look good again. Frig. 

the team lacks heart. 

it's interesting. when we think of cores we usually think of a group of the most talented players on a team. maybe we should be thinking of cores as the spine, guts, and heart of a team instead. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Demote Myers.

Bring up McWard.

I'd rather see McWard make rookie mistakes, and try to get better.

Then try to figure out why Chaos Giraffe is so bad and all over the place.

Myers is trying to play second pairing minutes. He needs to play third pairing minutes. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, ㄣLimaClawZuluㄣ said:

Hoglander looked great, and has shown he is trying to "earn his ice-time" as RT says... 
I think he's earned a shot on Miller or Pete's line. 
Kuzmenko needs a demotion or something to spark him back up. 

Miller has not been suffering from the same spell of shoddy play that he had starting last year - he's been on fire. 
Myers... yeah.. 78 games left of this guy. 
Can't wait to see #53 and #65 added to the mix. 

I can't see how the team can handle 78 more games of Myers.

He's a nice guy. But he clearly can't defend any more.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, tas said:

the team lacks heart. 

it's interesting. when we think of cores we usually think of a group of the most talented players on a team. maybe we should be thinking of cores as the spine, guts, and heart of a team instead. 

I’d disagree with this. Look at Toronto’s core to see lack of heart. Or our past captain, Horvat. I think Petey, Miller, Hughes, Demko, all have huge heart. I think we still just lack some size / grit in the line up, leading us to be regularly outplayed / outshot.

1 hour ago, AussieCanuckinUK said:

anyone else notice how badly they have been outshot in the last 3 games? so much for the team blocking shots....

lol it's been like that since last season even after RT took over.. they give up a lot of shots and attempts every game.. especially against good teams.. lots of shot attempts = your goalie tires out faster = risk players getting injured from more block shot than necessary.. this is the same philosophy Green had.. lots of shot attempts who cares.. keep them to perimeter.. and try to block everything.. 

We are too slow and soft.

Our neutral zone game is as bad as Green’s was. We don’t have many guys who are quick enough at carrying the puck up the ice and being able to separate from an attacker. 

Beauvillier and Garland don’t generate enough speed on the wing but there’s still otherwise to be useful. Joshua is the slowest skating player on the team and yet he’s our most effective forechecker because he knows how to angle guys off and clog passing lanes with his active stick.  Beauvillier is terrible at anticipating play and gets knocked off the puck too easily. Garland does fuck all with the puck. He has no plan with the puck, he does these little in and out cuts and accomplishes nothing. He’s a puck hog idiot who thinks he’s Patrick Kane out there when he’s really a Cory Conacher. 

Kuzmenko is entirely useless unless he’s within 5ft from the net. I’ve noticed this a lot last year, but I mean you could overlook it because he was scoring goals and was making plays. So far this year I have yet to see him to anything substantial.

The most consistent winger I’ve been impressed with so far is Hoglander. He’s made a case to stick with the team and he’s looking like an everyday bottom 6 NHL’er. He’s still pretty ineffective in his forechecking game mainly due to his size but he has a dog like mentality and has been our best board battler and puck retrieval guy by far. 

You have to find a way to get rid of Beauvillier and Garland.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Odd. said:

We are too slow and soft.

Our neutral zone game is as bad as Green’s was. We don’t have many guys who are quick enough at carrying the puck up the ice and being able to separate from an attacker. 

Beauvillier and Garland don’t generate enough speed on the wing but there’s still otherwise to be useful. Joshua is the slowest skating player on the team and yet he’s our most effective forechecker because he knows how to angle guys off and clog passing lanes with his active stick.  Beauvillier is terrible at anticipating play and gets knocked off the puck too easily. Garland does fuck all with the puck. He has no plan with the puck, he does these little in and out cuts and accomplishes nothing. He’s a puck hog idiot who thinks he’s Patrick Kane out there when he’s really a Cory Conacher. 

Kuzmenko is entirely useless unless he’s within 5ft from the net. I’ve noticed this a lot last year, but I mean you could overlook it because he was scoring goals and was making plays. So far this year I have yet to see him to anything substantial.

The most consistent winger I’ve been impressed with so far is Hoglander. He’s made a case to stick with the team and he’s looking like an everyday bottom 6 NHL’er. He’s still pretty ineffective in his forechecking game mainly due to his size but he has a dog like mentality and has been our best board battler and puck retrieval guy by far. 

You have to find a way to get rid of Beauvillier and Garland.

Garland is a Benning stain. Myers is a Benning stain. Kuz Missile is a guy who doesn’t do much other than score. Lots of guys in the league like that. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I have to give this some thought ?

Kuzmenko needs to get going, his corsi game was OK, he needs points. Garland with Petey isn't working. Boeser Miller line is the top line. 

Put Mikheyev with Petey when he returns. Return of Blueger might help. 

• Upvote 3
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, tas said:

the team lacks heart. 

You might say....

............ foundational 😆

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

I'm starting to fear the worst because I'm seeing too much of the same old crap. I fear this team is like a face with too many botched face jobs. It can't come back from all that damage to ever look good again. Frig. 

We need some addition by subtraction. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2