[PGT] Tampa vs. Vancouver. Tampa wins 4-3

Chickenspear

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

also don't see Garland as part of things moving forward.

I think as fans we need to brace for some ugly trades coming. It's going to cost to rid us of the stain. The team is backed into a pool of quicksand and the only ropes that are going to come, are gonna cost. At this point, just rip the bandaid and do it. They have the now and need to try to make it work. The future? Deal with at the inevitable tear down that may follow.

50 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Crap is as crap does. 

This looks like the same pushover, going through the motions, Canucks team I've been watching for 10 years.

Petey looked awful. Kuzmenko is invisible. Beauvillier and Garland are pretty useless. Myers is a train wreck in his own end. 

Playoffs? Fugetta 'bout it. 

How is Petey is awful that he got two points out of this game? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Guys, odd for me to say this but we lost to a contender last night and played hard. 

I absolutely hated the Philly game but funny that they also beat up the oilers too last night . Maybe Philly is a decent team and anything less than 100 percent against them will result in a tough night. 

Let's chill until the road trip is finished. We might still pull off a couple of wins. 

I still think if they can win these last two road games then they will still be in good shape. Philly is an interesting team right now, but I somewhat doubt they keep up with the pace they are playing at.

• ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, filthy animal said:

Thats usually been a characteristic with these hardcore Benning fanboys. Its a typical sign of insecurity when people resort to belittling and insults to get their point across

Pot meet kettle LMAO

OP was way out of line with their claims and so are you. If you spent any time actually reading what was said you'd already know that. You're just chiming in with some bs without even knowing what you're talking about it... which isn't surprising. The fervent Benning haters aren't exactly known for their critical thinking skills. Case in point.

Another frustrating game. Some positives obviously, Miller looking solid. Friedman had a bad night stats wise, but I appreciated his willingness to fight a tough customer in Jeannot.

But still lots of issues.

As everyone has said, Myers looks brutal right now. That pass directly to the TBL player that led to a goal was atrocious. Not sure what the solution is. He’s gotta figure it out, cause I don’t know if we’ll see him in the press box. Would prefer Bear over him easily, and right now maybe even Juulsen. 

We need our guys back from IR. Mik provides an immediate boost to our top 6, especially speed-wise, which has good trickle down impacts on the lineup. Mik swaps in for PDG, which lets him drop to the 3rd or 4th line. 

Beauvillier - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser

PDG - Suter - Garland

Joshua - Blueger - Lafferty

Extras: Studnicka, Hoglander

Hughes - Hronek

Cole - Myers

Soucy - Friedman

Extras: Juulsen

Demko

DeSmith

I think Beauvillier (who has been basically invisible) should replace Garland on the first with EP and Kuzy (who is looking a bit invisible himself). Beau and Kuz was the line Petey played most with last season, and they were good. 13gf vs 11ga and a 54% corsi, over a solid chunk of minutes. A better corsi than with Mik on that line. The current Garland iteration also has decent stats, but the sample size is low, and I think Garland can be effective on the 3rd whereas Beau is not. I’d like to see this for the lineup, when we’ve got our injured players back.

Mik comes back and adds speed to the 2nd, which makes up for some of Boeser’s lack of foot speed. 

I’m a big PDG fan and think he’ll be most effective on a forechecking 3rd. Garland can carry the puck and do his twirling, twirling, twirling. Garland doesn’t have to distribute it as much as he’s the offensive touch on the line, and the other two can just dig for the puck.

The fourth is interchangeable, but this way it’s strong defensively with good speed, forecheck, and some grit.

The defensive pairs are merely a bandaid until we get some new bodies.

I want to get Hoglander in, but it’s tough when you have 3 undersized wingers on an already soft team. I thought he had a good game last night and had that one shift where he basically controlled the entire time. Hoglander will hopefully eventually slot in for Beauvillier or Garland when one of them is gone. With both gone it opens up an opportunity for Podz to come in, if he’s managed to find his identity. Hopefully Colliton can help him work this out.

I’m excited to see how the team develops. We have our weaknesses, but I think we’ve shown lots of strengths as well. 

GCG

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

I still think if they can win these last two road games then they will still be in good shape. Philly is an interesting team right now, but I somewhat doubt they keep up with the pace they are playing at.

Yeah Philly has bought in to Torts and it looks like he's the right coach for a rough and tumble team. They looked good. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Rekker said:

I'm starting to fear the worst because I'm seeing too much of the same old crap. I fear this team is like a face with too many botched face jobs. It can't come back from all that damage to ever look good again. Frig. 

You should see the work JB got done, you don’t even recognize him anymore. Pie in the face is a good look for him.

3530ABF8-FBDD-4830-87A4-7C23611521DC.jpeg

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Just tap the stats and it enlarges them.

I didn’t watch the whole game but I noticed the Suter line got their heads kicked in when I was tuned in.  

Classic that Myers and Garland had positive underlying stats but everyone is jumping all over them.

Drance wrote a good piece on Myers today as well.  It wasn’t pro-Myers so much as it’s, “he’s not the problem.” Surprised to read it either way.  Basically saying his mistakes show up the loudest when the team is struggling - but he’s looked great when the team is playing well.  Referenced how others look good on other teams and good players will come in and look bad.  

The whole team is a work in progress - hopefully Tocchet keeps banging away at it.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Baratheon said:

Kinda like reducing someone’s opinion to “Benning fanboy”?

lol this place is too good sometimes.

The funniest part is that Benning didn't even have anything to do with the original conversation whatsoever!!!

Someone was saying how they need to tear down the team. And I said they basically already were defacto tearing down with how much staff turnover the last few years. Only 7 players out of 23 will basically be here by basically the trade deadline, you know? And ended my comment with kinda fun, hopeful "patience young grasshopper" with a wink.

And then some pseudo justice warrior stormed in claiming how im belittling this and that because i said young grasshopper.. Like the fuck lol. And then that second person you replied to jumps in with that bs. The conversation didn't have anything to do with Benning.

gotta love it  LMAO.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

The funniest part is that Benning didn't even have anything to do with the original conversation whatsoever!!!

Someone was saying how they need to tear down the team. And I said they basically already were defacto tearing down with how much staff turnover the last few years. Only 7 players out of 23 will basically be here by basically the trade deadline, you know? And ended my comment with kinda fun, hopeful "patience young grasshopper" with a wink.

And then some pseudo justice warrior stormed in claiming how im belittling this and that because i said young grasshopper.. Like the fuck lol. And then that second person you replied to jumps in with that bs. The conversation didn't have anything to do with Benning.

gotta love it  LMAO.

I’ve noticed there are Benning enthusiasts throughout the fan base who miss the old debates.  

I’m guilty of it too sometimes but really it’s been 2 years and we just need to move on. 

• Tank 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Well you can't have one without the other. Without a solid core you don't go anywhere either. Especially if you can't draft out of a wet paper bag.

At this point. I'm willing to try anything. 🥲

It might be a brown bag if things keep up. :frantic:

Edited by Gawdzukes

Right now id say a major concern is Kuz lack of scoring...he needs to get going on that....other then that it was mainly meyers that got the attention for that double whammy blocking petey and allowin a 2 on 1 leadin to a goal. this is one game and sure were gonna make mistakes, its still early so lets wait 10 games to find out where we really are at....and might identify more details then blamin all on meyers and lack of goonies in the lineup. 

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Demote Myers.

Bring up McWard.

I'd rather see McWard make rookie mistakes, and try to get better.

Then try to figure out why Chaos Giraffe is so bad and all over the place.

Correct.

Why is this so obvious for everyone and they don't do it?

Just now, Bob Long said:

because it would nuke any trade value he may yet have, for some GM that wants a "big dude" on his roster.

Just retain 1/2 and move him. 

And why they don't do this too, or something?

Everybody see the problem, its very clear.

it's costing a lot of points now and by the end of the season maybe will be very harmful.

16 minutes ago, The Duke said:

I’ve noticed there are Benning enthusiasts throughout the fan base who miss the old debates.  

I’m guilty of it too sometimes but really it’s been 2 years and we just need to move on. 

The most fervent, stringent haters of most ANYTHING are the problem. Always have been. Philosopher Karl Popper had some good things to say on that topic.

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, GasThomas said:

And why they don't do this too, or something?

Everybody see the problem, its very clear.

it's costing a lot of points now and by the end of the season maybe will be very harmful.

well, all GMs know our issues so they are probably looking to take Myers at 1/2 and have us throw in some assets while we're at it. We'll probably need the TDL to be able to move him, when there's more pressure on GMs to bolster their teams.