[PGT] Tampa vs. Vancouver. Tampa wins 4-3

Chickenspear

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Hronek is brilliant too. We have an elite core. The supporting cast is still a work in progress. 

100%. Only 7 out of 23 man roster will be carry overs from when Rutherford first took over. The core guys really aren't the problem here. Just isn't a quick fix given the constraints is all.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Maybe it's because I'm a Canucks fan, but that's more terrifying than the original cover.

I don’t know. He would probably be pretty ineffective as a murderer as well. Probably fall down and accidentally stab himself. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Guys, odd for me to say this but we lost to a contender last night and played hard. 

I absolutely hated the Philly game but funny that they also beat up the oilers too last night . Maybe Philly is a decent team and anything less than 100 percent against them will result in a tough night. 

Let's chill until the road trip is finished. We might still pull off a couple of wins. 

Agreed, that we played better, although not convinced that TB is a contender anymore.

They also didnt have their outstanding goalie in net.

46 minutes ago, GasThomas said:

Correct.

Why is this so obvious for everyone and they don't do it?

Mainly because hockey players are people too. It looks pretty bad on the team and sends a bad message that you're willing to just ship a $6 million dollar around like a pokey man card. It could create a locker room divide. I mean I would still do it. Also probably the biggest reason is our cap is so screwed we have zero obvious replacements that are really worth sitting out a player of his pedigree.

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Are people still saying that?

Check any post about Hughes on social media. The sheep actually believe that he's a liability in his own zone because they can't accept that we have a generational talent on the back end. They can't face the fact that Makar and Hughes are just better than everyone else. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Check any post about Hughes on social media. The sheep actually believe that he's a liability in his own zone because they can't accept that we have a generational talent on the back end. They can't face the fact that Makar and Hughes are just better than everyone else. 

Huges is magnetic. Amazing. And for the time he's been on the ice, no goal has been scored on the Canucks. He's becoming such a well-rounded defenseman. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

394613004_10160587735805549_712754839680

I just want to point out, whenever possible, what JT does for this team. 

People who thought he was a lazy, selfish player really misinterpreted him/his body language. 

He doesn't even really care about "99 points" or scoring as a focus (although, he sure does show up when we're fighting to get back into a game) He does what he needs to in order to help the team. Is he perfect? No? Does he have times when he's caught up in the moment and shows frustration? Sure.

But damn, we're really lucky to have him. He's a fierce competitor.

I play in a "hitter" league for fantasy. Miller is top 5 every year because hits, blocks, faceoffs etc... are all accounted for and weigh a good amount. What having him in fantasy this year and playing against him last year showed me is how incredibly consistent he is in his game. He doesn't take a night off, even if his offense is lacking. If he's quiet in the offensive zone, he's still hitting, winning key faceoffs, blocking shots, getting PIMs... It doesn't always show up on the eye test, but he's always involved on the boxscore. 

He's the modern day powerforward and 8 mil a year is an absolute bargain. 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Huges is magnetic. Amazing. And for the time he's been on the ice, no goal has been scored on the Canucks. He's becoming such a well-rounded defenseman. 

He's currently the best dman in the league, as it stands so far this season. It's still incredibly early, but it's a hell of a start to his reign as captain. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

[Myers] would probably be pretty ineffective as a murderer as well. Probably fall down and accidentally stab himself. 

4 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

After taking out his own accomplice, of course...

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

And then give the knife to the person he's trying to murder.

That's it. That's the ending of the movie right there.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Myers has to be the worst defenseman ever to don the Canucks jersey. The worst. Of course, Drunce is defending him. 

Found it hilarious that he absolutely wired a slapshot on our star player EP, and then when he had to clear the puck shorthanded, he threw the softest pizza. He might not be the worst dman ever in Canucks history, but he has to be the dumbest by far. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

30 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I don’t know. He would probably be pretty ineffective as a murderer as well. Probably fall down and accidentally stab himself. 

I just about fell off my lazyboy when he hit the net instead of Petey. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Myers has to be the worst defenseman ever to don the Canucks jersey. The worst. Of course, Drunce is defending him. 

I heard that too! The one guy who tends to shit on absolutely everything is the one guy defending the Giraffe gaffes. You can't make this stuff up.

And we know Drance is all about "the numbers." Certainly goes to show that on their own, 'advanced stats' aka context lacking hockey analytics don't often tell us what we might want to think they do. 

• Thanks 2