[PGT] Tampa vs. Vancouver. Tampa wins 4-3

Chickenspear

Don't blame Myers, blame the coaches.

5 on 5 Myers is one of the best in the league this year so far.

Myers big weakness, apart from plain getting older and slower, is playing on the PK.

The coaches know Myers is not good on the PK but put him out there anyway. Why? So the simple fans have something to blame other than the fact the team is just not that good or has big problems still.

Look how all the simple fans have fallen into line following the created narrative of "Blame it on Myers" without looking at a deeper cause for team, TEAM failure.

Did one of you posters bother to look for yourself as to a deeper reason why he was in those positions to begin with? Why was that puck there in the first place? Why was there no outlet pass available? Where were the other Canuck penalty killers? (2, Outside the blue line), Why didn't Cole go towards the net when there was 3 Tampa players in front of Demko, on a PK? So a bad pass causes Demko to rim the puck, Cole fumbles the pick up and leaves Myers the ONLY Canuck behind with three Tampa players and Demko. Really look at the replay but also why Demko is playing the puck. Where are all the PK?

Just now, Joe King said:

How would you feel if it was you being targeted. Have you read the Myers poem thread. 

I've lived through bullying. To scratch the surface, I used to get beat up at least once a week at school, I've had someone throw a knife at my head, and got shot at point blank in the neck with an airsoft gun.  

And you want to tell me the well earned title of 'chaos giraffe' is offensive?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Joe King said:

It's one thing to be who and what you may be. But for people to find insulting humour in something you were born with is sad to me.

It comes with being a pro athlete.  Millionaires playing a kids game.  Though I haven't made any such insults as to the physical born abnormalities to my knowledge to any player.  If I did, then I apologize for that.  I have rediculed players for their lack of effort and/or skill.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Loui Eriksson upon reading my posts on the old CDC forum:

dtxK4Hk.gif

I'm not talking about money or talent or lack of talent. I'm talking about bullying. Comparing a person to an animal in a mocking way using a body part to draw that comparison. It' just my thought process. I can't help the way I feel.

But I understand some people think differently and feel it does no harm.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Man I love this site, the mole hills turning to mountains around here are epic.

The Canucks scored 3 goals most nights and especially mid to late season that is usually enough to win.

A team with new players starting to gel against a powerhouse veteran team of cup champions and they lost by one goal.

The team is at 500 hockey with less than 5% of the season gone.

Remember last years start? The last three years most people on the band wagon would have been cheering  

Just saying,

GCG 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

So what about when we were calling players Honey Badger etc.

Or Huggy Bear.

Is that offensive?

I've seen lots of Large/Tall/Bruising football players nicknamed "Moose". Should they get offended?

I think we have a member here called Honking Hronek, Angry Goose. Etc.

What if he got nicknamed "Captain Chaos". Would that be ok?

Should I get offended if a girl ghosts me unexpectedly?

8 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

I've lived through bullying. To scratch the surface, I used to get beat up at least once a week at school, I've had someone throw a knife at my head, and got shot at point blank in the neck with an airsoft gun.  

And you want to tell me the well earned title of 'chaos giraffe' is offensive?

I don't know maybe I am over reacting. It just bugged me.

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So what about when we were calling players Honey Badger etc.

Or Huggy Bear.

Is that offensive?

I've seen lots of Large/Tall/Bruising football players nicknamed "Moose". Should they get offended?

I think we have a member here called Honking Hronek, Angry Goose. Etc.

What if he got nicknamed "Captain Chaos". Would that be ok?

Should I get offended if a girl ghosts me unexpectedly?

If the person doesn't mind the nickname it's probably OK. Maybe Myers doesn't mind the nickname he's been given and I'm making to much out of this.

4 minutes ago, Joe King said:

If the person doesn't mind the nickname it's probably OK. Maybe Myers doesn't mind the nickname he's been given and I'm making to much out of this.

It's fine to be concerned. That shows empathy.

I think Myers is a good guy when I've seen him in interviews.

It's the hockey performance combined with a high salary that people are angry about.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It's fine to be concerned. That shows empathy.

I think Myers is a good guy when I've seen him in interviews.

It's the hockey performance combined with a high salary that people are angry about.

Bullying seems a bit much to me. I don't see the power imbalance here, I see some memes and poetry.

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Kuzmenko needs to get going, his corsi game was OK, he needs points. Garland with Petey isn't working. Boeser Miller line is the top line. 

Put Mikheyev with Petey when he returns. Return of Blueger might help. 

Yep, our most deadly line right now is Boeser and Miller for sure.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, kettlevalley said:

So......

We buy out OEL, We Bring in Soucy and Cole and now Freidman and we STILL haven't fixed the defence?  

Cole has been good, Soucy has been injured. Friedman is an AHLer. He likely isn't a player we plan to use on the NHL roster for long and never was. There's a reason the talk of Canucks kicking tires on upgrades at D haven't died down. But yes, it's almost like buying out a top 4 D wasn't a fix for a team that needs top 4 D.

What we should have done is what I said last year, just offload as many players for picks as possible last year and this year, two drafts many consider deep. Done a mini rebuild where we try walk outta 2023 and 2024 with at least four 1st and 2nd rounders, combined. Wait out the Beau and Myers contracts. Then use those cap hits to try snag some pieces in 2024 free agency. Instead of the shortsighted buyout of OEL.

1 hour ago, Joe King said:

I'm not talking about money or talent or lack of talent. I'm talking about bullying. Comparing a person to an animal in a mocking way using a body part to draw that comparison. It' just my thought process. I can't help the way I feel.

But I understand some people think differently and feel it does no harm.

That's fair.  Sorry for making that post that was mocking your response.  I was out of line there.  

Peace.

• Cheers 1

Over the last two - years there have been some that at times criticized JT for things like drifting slowly back to the bench and staying out too long.

I have not seen much if anything resembling that this young season whatsoever.. Looks completely invested. Hope others are taking note. I saw a few

players overstaying their shifts by 30 -35 seconds or more. Haven't heard Rick say too much about it; Maybe he shoud.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Myers has to be the worst defenseman ever to don the Canucks jersey. The worst. Of course, Drunce is defending him. 

I don't think he's the worst as you can see from the underlying numbers he's not playing all that bad overall, the issue is the mistakes he does make are catastrophic and ones someone of his experience should not be making. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Kuzmenko needs to get going, his corsi game was OK, he needs points. Garland with Petey isn't working. Boeser Miller line is the top line. 

Put Mikheyev with Petey when he returns. Return of Blueger might help. 

Yeah, every second Petey doesn't have the puck on his stick is offensive opportunities wasted.  Petey must be the play driver on his line.  I see Garland out there ragging the puck like the puck hog he is in a line with Petey, what's Tocchet thinking that's a recipe for success?  Put Garland on his own line on the 3rd line and give Petey a north/south digger winger.  Garland isn't that.  I'd like to see Lafferty with Petey and Kuzy.  As long as Lafferty knows what his role is.  Beauvillier needs to sit out when Mikheyev comes back.  He needs to find his urgency, it's non existent right now.