[PGT] Tampa vs. Vancouver. Tampa wins 4-3

Chickenspear

On 10/19/2023 at 7:14 PM, Chickenspear said:

Yeah, but this is some next level calamity.

Maybe we should put some Velcro tape on Myers' stick so that he is not allowed to ever pass again and has to eat the fucking puck if he even touches it.

Christ!  I have been defending him for years but less and less and less and last game was simply abhorrent!

We might have been better off with him in the box for ruining Kucherov's hope of ever procreating again (if he hasn't already, then again, who gives a flying Marchand)?

Send Myers out to Kill, Kill, Kill! (Only; not to handle the puck).

Remember Jovo in the penalty box jumping up and down while the Canucks scored!

That's where the Chaos Giraffe belongs; cheering from the sidelines.

• Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Maybe we should put some Velcro tape on Myers' stick so that he is not allowed to ever pass again and has to eat the fucking puck if he even touches it.

Christ!  I have been defending him for years but less and less and less and last game was simply abhorrent!

We might have been better off with him in the box for ruining Kucherov's hope of ever procreating again (if he hasn't already, then again, who gives a flying Marchand)?

Send Myers out to Kill, Kill, Kill! (Only; not to handle the puck).

Remember Jovo in the penalty box jumping up and down while the Canucks scored!

That's where the Chaos Giraffe belongs; cheering from the sidelines.

We are just stuck with him but that doesn't mean he needs to play the minutes he does. I would rather young rookies make those mistakes and learn from them than watch a veteran like Myers do them and not learn. It's very weird how he is not made accountable. 

• -dlc- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
On 10/20/2023 at 10:28 AM, CanucksJay said:

Guys, odd for me to say this but we lost to a contender last night and played hard. 

I absolutely hated the Philly game but funny that they also beat up the oilers too last night . Maybe Philly is a decent team and anything less than 100 percent against them will result in a tough night. 

Let's chill until the road trip is finished. We might still pull off a couple of wins. 

Well there it is. 2 wins to end the road trip and here we are 4-2 feeling good about ourselves again. 

We've beaten oils x 2, Florida and Nashville which is pretty solid. 

Losing to Tampa in a hard fought game is not the end of the world. Only blemish is Philly. They brought their A game while we didn't. 

Before season started, if we looked at the schedule and road trip, I think we'd all be stoked coming back 4-2

On 10/20/2023 at 4:47 PM, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Guess you’re just to smart for us simpletons.

If you think that is demonstration of smart then that is a really sad commentary of your opinion of the forum members.

All I am trying to point out is there is more than one explanation other than being one of the herd or blindly following along like a lemming.

54 minutes ago, TheGuardian said:

If you think that is demonstration of smart then that is a really sad commentary of your opinion of the forum members.

All I am trying to point out is there is more than one explanation other than being one of the herd or blindly following along like a lemming.

Another response dripping with your feelings of superiority. You just can’t help yourself. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Another response dripping with your feelings of superiority. You just can’t help yourself. 

Quick.

Look at who is demeaning who? IF you think I am showing superiority then your criticisms are saying you know more than me, who knows more than all other posters you think.

In short, your complaint is YOU are smarter and I am not giving you enough credit.🤣

But let us keep the thread on subject.

It was a good loss.

Edited by TheGuardian

1 hour ago, TheGuardian said:

Quick.

Look at who is demeaning who? IF you think I am showing superiority then your criticisms are saying you know more than me, who knows more than all other posters you think.

In short, your complaint is YOU are smarter and I am not giving you enough credit.🤣

But let us keep the thread on subject.

It was a good loss.

You’re the one that answered me from a joke in a PGT from a week ago. Maybe some self reflection is in order. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2023 at 9:06 AM, -dlc- said:

I'ma have to add to the BINGO card: "Myers dogpiles on his own teammate and allows two guys to skate off with the puck (and score)"

Even I didn't see that one coming.

I really want him to do better because I hate ragging on one of our own. But man, he sticks out like a sore thumb at times. 

On 10/20/2023 at 9:09 AM, CanucksJay said:

I felt the team put in an earnest effort and just got outclassed by a better team last night. 

One thing i thought about was that Tampa showed what it takes to be a winner. Canucks came out hard and was generally a tough team to play against and even took the lead at one point. It would have been easy for Tampa to fold or say they'll let this one go and come out hard next game and beat a team that's less motivated. But we didn't see that. They stepped up their intensity and their will to win got greater. 

Some Ppl made excuses for the canucks last game against philly. I think for canucks to make the playoffs, every game needs to be hard fought like last night and we'll win some and lose some but that's what it will take. No more games like philly

This would be an example of you not seeing our guys played well that night and decided to "rag on one of our own" after a loss  juxtaposed by the very next comment which ironically was made by me supporting the guys despite the loss... Smh

I was wrong in that the canucks are actually pretty good where they can obviously pull off some wins even when they aren't at their best but this was basically to show you that I support this team despite losses or wins and give credit when credit is due while it might be easy to pile on after a loss