[PGT] Tampa vs. Vancouver. Tampa wins 4-3

Chickenspear

3 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I’d love to see Lafferty with Miller and Boeser. Mik with Petey and Kuz when he’s healthy. PDG has been

serviceable and done his job well, but let’s be real, it’s a spot other guys could

fill. If PDG stays with Brock and JT long term I’ll take it as a vote of confidence from them both and I won’t pretend I know better. But what about 

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Mikheyev

Lafferty - Miller - Boeser 

Hoglander - Suter - Beauvillier/Garland

Joshua - Blueger - Studnicka 

Looks good but for the time being, or until Pettersson is 100%, I'd switch Line two to line one. Miller and Brock are dialed right in 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Dear tocchet: Stop putting garland with ep ffs.. I don’t care if you hate beauvillier… put him back with EP and get that line going 5v5 till mik is back.. I have no idea why he refuse to let beauvillier play with EP.. he taken him off early march and never played together again even preseason.. 

Tocchet doesn’t like Beauvillier. Hopefully he is gone soon. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Gootta take Garland and PDG off the top lines. They are 3rd liners at best. Beauviller should be in the press box. Same with Myers. 

Kuzmenko   Pettersson   Lafferty 

Mikheyev     Miller            Boeser 

Höglander   Suter            Garland 

Joshua        Blueger         Studnicka 

Hughes    Hronek

Cole         Friedman 

Soucy       Juulsen

This is not ideal but I’d roll with it for now until we get some reinforcements. 

We’re on the same page friend 

13 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Putting Myers in the press box would be considered a significant roster change to me. I have no idea why he has never been benched or sat. Who does he have incriminating photographs of? 

Used to think Benning, but obviously now it's Aquaman.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

Tocchet is happy with the effort. He said hats off to the guys. Effort was good till the very end

Coming from the user who said he turned the game off in the 2nd period.  Did you tune back in when you saw they scored in the 3rd? I bet you did. Lol

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I swear to god I said this so many times after the deadline last year. Lol. I was so mad at that OEL buyout. 8 years of dead cap. For what? A team that is marginally better than last season? I'd argue Hronek and OEL are a wash. Cole and Schenner, a wash. Soucy and Bear, okay Soucy is better. Myers is still Myers. Bought out OEL for 1 year of Blueger, Suter, and Cole? And then what? These moves don't make sense in the bigger picture cause the cap penalty goes up. So the cap we save letting Myers go is immediately eaten up by the buyout.

I like the guys they added. But at the end of the day, we don't have enough top end talent cause we refused to rebuild properly. Miller, Petey, and Boeser are not enough up front. Hughes and Hronek are not enough on D just like Hughes and OEL wasn't enough. I didn't need these 4 games to see that. We bought the Tocchet kool aid and the guys we brought in are slight upgrades on the previous dudes. Are we better? Sure. Are we much better? Not really.

We always needed to get of Myers first and most important and now Garland, and Beauvillier off the books as well. That was never happening until next year with shite Myers so no big deal to be honest. We were always a wildcard team at best. However, it is imperative we dump those 3 before next off season and use the $15 million wisely to replace Myers and strengthen the forwards.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Looks good but for the time being, or until Pettersson is 100%, I'd switch Line two to line one. Miller and Brock are dialed right in 

I dont listen to the brodcasters idea of the top line and I never thought Miller and Boeser stopped being the top line when Horvat was gone.

I dont know why Petey and Kuz got the "TOP LINE" status here and on media.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Gootta take Garland and PDG off the top lines. They are 3rd liners at best. Beauviller should be in the press box. Same with Myers. 

Kuzmenko   Pettersson   Lafferty 

Mikheyev     Miller            Boeser 

Höglander   Suter            Garland 

Joshua        Blueger         Studnicka 

Hughes    Hronek

Cole         Friedman 

Soucy       Juulsen

This is not ideal but I’d roll with it for now until we get some reinforcements. 

Need to move Garland for someone like Peeke.

Then, this one will be very unpopular, sign Kessel just as a placeholder on that third line. Knows Rutherford and Rick, could also be flipped at trade deadline, unlikely he even wants to be here anyways.

• ThereItIs 2

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

We always needed to get of Myers first and most important and now Garland, and Beauvillier off the books as well. That was never happening until next year with shite Myers so no big deal to be honest. We were always a wildcard team at best. However, it is imperative we dump those 3 before next off season and use the $15 million wisely to replace Myers and strengthen the forwards.

So you mean do nothing. Till the contracts expire.

9 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Does Petey have the flu? I must of missed that, would explain why he's been looking awful.

5 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I think Beauvillier would play better with more ice time, more trust, and better line-mates. 

I think Lafferty is kinda on a new ice boost but cant do it 20 minutes a game. 

and what did you do with PDG anyways? he on the bench? or in the oven with extra peppers and cheese.

I agree. Beauvillier excelled when given minutes with Petey last year. Lafferty is definitely playing to earn his keep. 

PDG? I guess I had him back in the AHL. I respect the balance he has brought - but, I think he’s been the beneficiary of a special spot that doesn’t necessarily translate to play down the lineup.

Personally, I like the potential of our projected 3rd and 4th lines once we’re healthy and I don’t see PDG displacing those guys. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

The forum started crying when they bag skated the team. Maybe we should be more hand holdy. Kiss the head and a nice wholesome thumbs up 😄 👍

You raving fool. It was about the science. Nothing else. After a hard workout or anything more than a jog, the body will have less strength 12 hours later. 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

The easiest and cheapest way to improve the team would have been by drafting players the last 5 years. Instead of trading those picks for band aid fixes that end up falling flat. But either way, buying out OEL was not the solution. He was not the problem. The players we got with that buyout we can't keep long term. And when the bad contracts expire, the buyout will eat that cap anyway. So we're not really improving the team without picks and consistent dead cap.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1