[PGT] Tampa vs. Vancouver. Tampa wins 4-3

Chickenspear

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

One of the guys I’m sorta worried about is Kuzmenko.  Soft all over the ice. It’s early in the season but I hope last year wasn’t an

aberration.

It wasn't. But coaches like Tocc and players like him don't mix. And yet management united them

Watching this game in the first on replay (thanks for ruining the score with the PGT title btw) and it's unbearable to watch the Canucks get called for anything while tampa gets away with everything, literally the same thing the Canucks get called for, Tampa doesn't. I hate the NHL. What a piece of %^&*

• ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Tocchet doesn’t like Beauvillier. Hopefully he is gone soon. 

I can tell but if he wants to get rid of him he needs to showcase him.. garland is further devaluing himself on EP line.. put those 2 where they used to work to showcase and get rid of them faster.. at this rate no one will even want beauvillier at 50% retention at the TDL he has like 3 points or something in his last 15 games doesn’t hit doesn’t play pk not great defensively who wants him? Put him on the top line get some points and get rid of him

1 minute ago, Psycho_Path said:

Watching this game in the first on replay (thanks for ruining the score with the PGT title btw) and it's unbearable to watch the Canucks get called for anything while tampa gets away with everything, literally the same thing the Canucks get called for, Tampa doesn't. I hate the NHL. What a piece of %^&*

Too bee FAAIIRR the refs were too busy blocking canuck passes to see Boeser's skates get pulled out from under him.

4 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

The forum started crying when they bag skated the team. Maybe we should be more hand holdy. Kiss the head and a nice wholesome thumbs up 😄 👍

🤣 lol the horror. Expecting pro hockey players to skate laps during the daytime. On a Monday, after a plane ride the day before nonetheless. 😱 That's crazy. Can you believe the nerve of some people? 🤣

• Haha 1

OK... Who do we fire this time, Myers ? Please say its Myers 🙂

Not as bad a loss as the Phily game - they at least showed some effort and will to win, quality was a little better also. This is a really tough road trip, that Tampa team is still full of quality and with some equally tough games to come we were always gonna struggle to go 500 on it.  

Demmer looked good again, tho he let in a softie, and the Miller line is looking dangerous. 

That being said - there are a number of troubling problems, which basically we knew from day one, they were just temporarily masked by the wins over a slow starting Soilers team. 

1.  The Petey line just isn't functioning. Kuz is still on a beach in Bali, Garland is all heart but can't play with the other two, and Petey is looking a bit bambi-like again these past 2 games. Not sure if Petey is part of the problem or if its just that line doesn't work without someone who can think on his wave length and also bang the puck free from time to time, they just can't sustain zone time right now, which brings me onto point 2. 

2. The Miller line works as both him and Brock have enough size to win board battles and keep the puck in the zone, PDG is also dogged and does his share of good work on the boards. Outside of that we really have zero players who can both win the puck along the boards and make a play.  This is why trading Garland is so important - we just can't carry too many sub 6'ft 200lb wingers as when they play against a team that actually care about playing D  ( e.g not Oilers ) they just can't keep the puck in. 

3. D is too shallow - any team with Myers on the 2nd pair and any of the RHD we have played being starters on the bottom pair are lottery bound 😞

4. Hoglander - I've been pleased with his compete and mostly he's been ok in his own zone, despite a few botched clearing attempts.  What I'm worried about is he just seems completely devoid now of the creativity and skill that made him an elite player last year in the A. Weather its been coached out of him, or its that line that is too 1 dimensional as well I'm not sure. There is more there. 

Ultimately we're still a poorly constructed team lacking complimentary parts, pairs and lines.  Now could that be improved at least with the return of a few injuries, maybe a bit. We do badly need to make a few moves tho to improve our balance and get some lines with chemistry going again.   

13 minutes ago, Darius said:

One of the guys I’m sorta worried about is Kuzmenko.  Soft all over the ice. It’s early in the season but I hope last year wasn’t an

aberration.

I dont think it was entirely an abberation but he wont be a 35 goal 70 point player, the skill is evident & has been so far this year imo but he's just not a line driver.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

They also said they weren’t done. Do you only show up to troll the PGT’s when we lose? Your schtick is getting old. 

The only reason he's here is to vent. Not unlike the few members we have seen before on CDC.

Or could be one of them making a comeback.

8 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Too bee FAAIIRR the refs were too busy blocking canuck passes to see Boeser's skates get pulled out from under him.

Watching the 2nd, 2 times on the same shift Boeser got tripped and they didn't get called. This isn't an issue of the refs not seeing this shit. This bias corrupt officiating is brutal.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

They said we were going to play harder this year and bring in 2 late softies in Studnicka and Frederick.  Put some fucking tough guys in the bottom of our roster WE HAVE ENOUGH MTFKN SKILL GUYS! WTF RT?!?!

200 LBS WITH GRIT.

end of rant

And Zack MacEwan sits on waivers in Ottawa, now 240 lbs and 6 foot 2... with a 3 year Cap minimum contract.... who knows the team.... can actually fight when he picks a fight....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

I can tell but if he wants to get rid of him he needs to showcase him.. garland is further devaluing himself on EP line.. put those 2 where they used to work to showcase and get rid of them faster.. at this rate no one will even want beauvillier at 50% retention at the TDL he has like 3 points or something in his last 15 games doesn’t hit doesn’t play pk not great defensively who wants him? Put him on the top line get some points and get rid of him

I don’t want Beauvillier on the top li e screwing up Petey so we can just showcase to try and get a 5th round pick at the deadline. Teams know he’s useless. He has negative value. Might as well waive him and send him to Abby. 

• Cheers 2