[PGT] Tampa vs. Vancouver. Tampa wins 4-3

Chickenspear

27 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I have them in a similar step as Buffalo. Both to make the playoffs this year and young talent to make for unexpected success 

Buffalo has the youngest roster in the league.  Their young talent (and they have a lot of it) is only going to get better.  Vancouver is somewhere in the middle age wise.  I don’t think they're really comparables 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

And Zack MacEwan sits on waivers in Ottawa, now 240 lbs and 6 foot 2... with a 3 year Cap minimum contract.... who knows the team.... can actually fight when he picks a fight....

Thinking they may be gun shy with players like that since Ferland. 

5 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Do you only show up to troll the PGT’s when we lose? Your schtick is getting old. 

The answer is yes.  I blocked that goof when he was doing his chicken dance squawking away during the fucking pre-season. PRESEASON. LMAO.

I wish there was a way to avoid even seeing people reply to him. They aren't worth a second of anyone's time.

Set to ignore. Let him shit in his diapers by himself.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don’t want Beauvillier on the top li e screwing up Petey so we can just showcase to try and get a 5th round pick at the deadline. Teams know he’s useless. He has negative value. Might as well waive him and send him to Abby. 

Until Beauvillier shows something Id rather give Bains the opportunities. He's atleast a details player.

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Tusk said:

And Zack MacEwan sits on waivers in Ottawa, now 240 lbs and 6 foot 2... with a 3 year Cap minimum contract.... who knows the team.... can actually fight when he picks a fight....

I didn't think RT would switch into a swan lake coach like everyone else. We escaped Jeannot tonight. I don't blame our smaller line up to be intimidated at all. 

Zach would kill to be here.

Sick of 4th liners skating away from scrums. RT don't let management choose who plays.

Edited by Hairy Kneel

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I agree. I was sad when we let him go. Would rather Big Mac on the roster than Joshua. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don’t want Beauvillier on the top li e screwing up Petey so we can just showcase to try and get a 5th round pick at the deadline. Teams know he’s useless. He has negative value. Might as well waive him and send him to Abby. 

When we say we want Beauviller on the top line we are talking Miller and Boeser. 

37 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I swear to god I said this so many times after the deadline last year. Lol. I was so mad at that OEL buyout. 8 years of dead cap. For what? A team that is marginally better than last season? I'd argue Hronek and OEL are a wash. Cole and Schenner, a wash. Soucy and Bear, okay Soucy is better. Myers is still Myers. Bought out OEL for 1 year of Blueger, Suter, and Cole? And then what? These moves don't make sense in the bigger picture cause the cap penalty goes up. So the cap we save letting Myers go is immediately eaten up by the buyout.

I like the guys they added. But at the end of the day, we don't have enough top end talent cause we refused to rebuild properly. Miller, Petey, and Boeser are not enough up front. Hughes and Hronek are not enough on D just like Hughes and OEL wasn't enough. I didn't need these 4 games to see that. We bought the Tocchet kool aid and the guys we brought in are slight upgrades on the previous dudes. Are we better? Sure. Are we much better? Not really.

Agree with you 💯 %

27 minutes ago, stawns said:

Garland was the best player on that line

it doesn't matter the point is garland playstyle doesn't fit with those 2.. it's dragging them down.. EP and Kuzmenko needs to be the one with the puck not garland skating around with the puck.. EP is the play driver not garland but garland is playing like he's the driver.. garland is like one of those players that doesn't utilize his linemates and likes to do things himself with the puck.

Myers will sabotage enough games this season that we won't make the playoffs.  I can't believe how much negative impact one player can have on wins and losses. But nearly every game, he makes at least one bone head play resulting in a goal against.  He got one back tonight but that's such a rarity.  But because he's a large man, coaches will play him over others.

When he's good, he uses his size, takes advantage of his reach, and bodies players off the puck.

But when he's bad, he panics, misreads the ice, makes passes directly to the other team, and generally causes chaos for his teammates.

At this point his advantages are far outweighed by his faults. 

Seriously, he's probably responsible for enough goals against to single handedly drop us out of the playoff race. Its tight so every win, every goal, every play on the ice is crucial. Even if he doesn't cause a goal against, his disarray and bumbling about screws up the whole shift, and sometimes it can change momentum. Another Benning special that we can't even give away.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

meh he was putting up points with EP just not doing the things defensively.. he's just a place holder for mik.. anything on EP's line is better than garland

21 minutes ago, Darius said:

One of the guys I’m sorta worried about is Kuzmenko.  Soft all over the ice. It’s early in the season but I hope last year wasn’t an

aberration.

He was always going to be ripe for  a regression this season.  He had an insane (and unsustainable) shooting percentage of over 27% last season.  

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I agree. I was sad when we let him go. Would rather Big Mac on the roster than Joshua. 

Why not both? I mean really, what is Suter worth, compared so some hard hitting big guys. Suter's cap hit pays for both MacEwan and Joshua. Joshua threw some heavy hits tonight.

Just now, Alflives said:

The sky isn’t falling. We played really well at evens. Our core is great. Six wins in a row coming up. Just be thankful we aren’t the Sabres! My Goodness they’re terrible. They do have Powers though. He’s their best player. That guy is good. 

Aww man. Is Buffalo doing poorly?

I feel bad for Buffalo fans, tbh. They've gone through an even longer, more painful rebuild than we have. How long since they even sniffed the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I’d be okay with Beauvillier on the top line…

Podkolzin   Nielsen   Beauvillier 

lol you got me there. But I think Beauviller has not been utilized. Hogs and Podz can't even be productive in Abby yet.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Why not both? I mean really, what is Suter worth, compared so some hard hitting big guys. Suter's cap hit pays for both MacEwan and Joshua. Joshua threw some heavy hits tonight.

Apples and Oranges. Suter is a center and PKs and is doing what he was brought here to do. If you want to bring in a winger you have to remove a winger.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Tusk said:

So you mean do nothing. Till the contracts expire.

Well maybe not for Myers. That one was always going to be tough to move. It's good that it looks like Garland might be moved sooner than later. That is key. Hopefully that gets done. I don't think anyone wants Beauvillier though either so we most likely just have to accept that we won't get an honest chance to fill the team out properly until next year and beyond.

Of course, the OEL hit goes up to $5 mil as well. Life can be so cruel. 😅

1 minute ago, Canuckle said:

Aww man. Is Buffalo doing poorly?

I feel bad for Buffalo fans, tbh. They've gone through an even longer, more painful rebuild than we have. How long since they even sniffed the playoffs.

Buffalo Bills/Sabres fans are legendary and very loyal. Hard to believe the Sabres lasted this long with that small(ish) American market. Better not win the cup before us!!!

• Like 1