[PGT] Tampa vs. Vancouver. Tampa wins 4-3

Chickenspear

16 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

They said we were going to play harder this year and bring in 2 late softies in Studnicka and Frederick.  Put some fucking tough guys in the bottom of our roster WE HAVE ENOUGH MTFKN SKILL GUYS! WTF RT?!?!

200 LBS WITH GRIT.

end of rant

Imagine what having a few tough players would do for the skill guys?

Mind boggling how year after year the Canucks are so easy to push around. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The sky isn’t falling. We played really well at evens. Our core is great. Six wins in a row coming up. Just be thankful we aren’t the Sabres! My Goodness they’re terrible. They do have Powers though. He’s their best player. That guy is good. 

How many points does Lord Benson have :hurhur:

9 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Apples and Oranges. Suter is a center and PKs and is doing what he was brought here to do. If you want to bring in a winger you have to remove a winger.  

On the canucks roster page we currently have 7 Centres. I think we only need about 4?

4 minutes ago, EagleEye said:

Imagine what having a few tough players would do for the skill guys?

Mind boggling how year after year the Canucks are so easy to push around. 

Thing is the skill guys need to be tough as well. Different kind of tough though. Tough on and off the puck, against the boards, in front of both nets, etc, etc, etc. Tough comes in many ways, and we don't have very much of any most games.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Agreeing 100% with someone who says Hronek and OEL are a wash is a good way of torpedoing your reputation on this forum 😉 And btw I disagreed with the buyout timing

I never had an issue with OEL other than the $

He will probably do fine in the Florida market.

Haven't seen enough of Hronek to get a proper read yet. I would have rather had a physical guy.

17 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Thinking they may be gun shy with players like that since Ferland. 

So we have to watch Studnicka with 3 hits and 0 blocks. He plays barely at his 180 lbs. Watched him pass up on follow through checks. Kind of not built to play hard and aggressive. The only thing scary about him is his name.

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

So we have to watch Studnicka with 3 hits and 0 blocks. He plays barely at his 180 lbs. Watched him pass up on follow through checks. Kind of not built to play hard and aggressive. The only thing scary about him is his name.

With that name he should be a bruiser!!

• Haha 1

Decent effort from the team tonight - they made it interesting with a minute to go which is tough to do on the road against a two time Cup winner. Hopefully they can move forward on Saturday against an equally talented Panther team who will have a stronger goalie in net with Brobovsky.

I don't know whats happened with the last three games though -  way too many penalties against and also a lack of opportunities - the coaches will need to address this in the next few days  -  best to STAY OUT of the box against the Kucherovs and Tkachuks - so can give the team a better chance to win.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Again. I can’t state this enough.

Myers has to go.

I feel like you & me were talking about this in the offseason, that a top priority had to be moving on from Myers.

And then they brought him back; he injured their best player last game & cost them points tonight, and now here we are talking about getting rid of Myers again 😂

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The sky isn’t falling. We played really well at evens. Our core is great. Six wins in a row coming up. Just be thankful we aren’t the Sabres! My Goodness they’re terrible. They do have Powers though. He’s their best player. That guy is good. 

Six wins in a row?!? Sure hope so, but sounds more like sixpacks in a row speaking there, furball.

• Haha 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

I feel like you & me were talking about this in the offseason, that a top priority had to be moving on from Myers.

And then they brought him back; he injured their best player last game & cost them points tonight, and now here we are talking about getting rid of Myers again 😂

LOL I honestly started to think that he might have a good season if he wants another contract in the NHL

Guess not 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Me?  I'd drop Kuzmenko down to the third line because he's not got the tenacity he had last year.

He was playing for contract last year too so had further incentive. I think he’ll pick it up, perhaps as soon as when Mik returns.