[PGT] Tampa vs. Vancouver. Tampa wins 4-3

Chickenspear

17 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Trying to clear it? What a schmuck. When you try to clear a puck, you don’t pass it to an opposing player, ya assclown. 

He's just not a very good player anymore. 

But because of Benning, he's being paid like a top defenseman. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

No it’s Tyler fricken Myers, get with the program. Haha 

Honestly it’s not easy to play Tampa in Tampa to boot. I’m ok with the loss. The effort was decent. Won’t stop me from blaming Myers though. I’m just done with that guy 

I get it ... still more than that though.

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

No it’s Tyler fricken Myers, get with the program. Haha 

Honestly it’s not easy to play Tampa in Tampa to boot. I’m ok with the loss. The effort was decent. Won’t stop me from blaming Myers though. I’m just done with that guy 

Yup.

Myers would have been -4 had he not scored that lucky slapper. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

I get it ... still more than that though.

We just aren’t a top team. Tampa had everything on us except goaltending. With Vasy in net it’s not a close matchup

Florida should be better for us. We can get the mojo going and fight for a playoff spot this year 

Just now, viking mama said:

Yup.

Myers would have been -4 had he not scored that lucky slapper. 

I didnt even care when he scored I was still fuming about an easy clear that he gave to the Tampa player 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Devron said:

We just aren’t a top team. Tampa had everything on us except goaltending. With Vasy in net it’s not a close matchup

Florida should be better for us. We can get the mojo going and fight for a playoff spot this year 

I'm with you on all of that, birthday boy! 😉

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

We gotta look at a trade if there's no compete. 

Chronically negatives having a field day with buzzwords.

I think we all know they need more size on the front end. Garland, Beauvillier, Hoglander.. players all on the smaller side. That's two too many. I mean you don't neccesarily need to be a giant to win puck battles, but for most players  it certainly helps.

And on the flipside they need to get smaller on the back end...exactly 6 foot 8 inches smaller.  My goodness.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

PDG/Beau/Studnicka/Joshua/Myers all not good enough. 

I'd rather see any of Dries/Bains/Aman/Bloom/Raty/McWard/Wolanin/Hirose play.

It can't be any worse. 

& I'd love to see Lafferty w/Petey & Kuz for at least a game. 

Edited by Dom

1 hour ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Face it. He’s an RFA so he’s not walking.

Plenty of time for Petterson to be signed.  I'm not worried until potential UFA walk for 2 more years.  The Canucks has two more years to prove it to Petterson that they have done everything with Myers gone and better defence.  We already have elite goalie, no need to panic.  Give it time for as long as the coach recognize that Myers has not been good to start the season in last 3 games.

• Like 1

I was most upset about Myers collapsing upon his teammate in the D-zone, taking both out of the play….and yup, the puck then ends up in the net, no matter how valiantly Demko battled. His goalie is making multiple saves in a row, yet Myers cannot clear a man or a puck to save his life - in situations.

Do the synapses not fire in Myers’ mind, when he’s under pressure…or what? 

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Dom said:

PDG/Beau/Studnicka/Joshua/Myers all not good enough. 

I'd rather see any of Dries/Bains/Aman/Bloom/Raty/McWard/Wolanin/Hirose play.

It can't be any worse. 

& I'd love to see Lafferty w/Petey & Kuz for at least a game. 

McWard is for sure a better replacement for Myers. Maybe we give him a couple more weeks in the AHL though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, viking mama said:

I was most upset about Myers collapsing upon his teammate in the D-zone, taking both out of the play….and yup, the puck then ends up in the net, no matter how valiantly Demko battled. His goalie is making multiple saves in a row, yet Myers cannot clear a man or a puck to save his life - in situations.

Do the synapses not fire in Myers’ mind, when he’s under pressure…or what? 

He just made me laugh last year. I knew we weren’t making the playoffs so I turned it into a comedy.

I remember one play Myers got walked so bad he ended up doing a 360 and 2 full barrel rolls. No joke 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

I think we all know they need more size on the front end. Garland, Beauvillier, Hoglander.. players all on the smaller side. That's two too many. I mean you don't neccesarily need to be a giant to win puck battles, but for most players  it certainly helps.

And on the flipside they need to get smaller on the back end...exactly 6 foot 8 inches smaller.  My goodness.

I'm seeing a huge lack of compete, fearlessness, grit, and more natural complacency. A lot of this seems to be innate and also between the ears.

Going into games against high skill, high motor teams, imo, they just don't believe they can win. That's what I'm thinking. Especially tonight. That's what it all looks like. 

But I'm willing to give it all more time since they may be trying to adapt to the coaching staff's structure and just effing up and making way too many mistakes. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I'm seeing a huge lack of compete, fearlessness, grit, and more natural complacency. A lot of this seems to be innate and also between the ears.

Going into games against high skill, high motor teams, imo, they just don't believe they can win. That's what I'm thinking. Especially tonight. That's what it all looks like. 

But I'm willing to give it all more time since they may be trying to adapt to the coaching staff's structure and just effing up and making way too many mistakes. 

Tocchet has been head coach of the team for 40-ish games now.  I don't think you can use the "adjusting to the new coach" excuse at this point 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

OK... Who do we fire this time, Myers ? Please say its Myers 🙂

Not as bad a loss as the Phily game - they at least showed some effort and will to win, quality was a little better also. This is a really tough road trip, that Tampa team is still full of quality and with some equally tough games to come we were always gonna struggle to go 500 on it.  

Demmer looked good again, tho he let in a softie, and the Miller line is looking dangerous. 

That being said - there are a number of troubling problems, which basically we knew from day one, they were just temporarily masked by the wins over a slow starting Soilers team. 

1.  The Petey line just isn't functioning. Kuz is still on a beach in Bali, Garland is all heart but can't play with the other two, and Petey is looking a bit bambi-like again these past 2 games. Not sure if Petey is part of the problem or if its just that line doesn't work without someone who can think on his wave length and also bang the puck free from time to time, they just can't sustain zone time right now, which brings me onto point 2. 

2. The Miller line works as both him and Brock have enough size to win board battles and keep the puck in the zone, PDG is also dogged and does his share of good work on the boards. Outside of that we really have zero players who can both win the puck along the boards and make a play.  This is why trading Garland is so important - we just can't carry too many sub 6'ft 200lb wingers as when they play against a team that actually care about playing D  ( e.g not Oilers ) they just can't keep the puck in. 

3. D is too shallow - any team with Myers on the 2nd pair and any of the RHD we have played being starters on the bottom pair are lottery bound 😞

4. Hoglander - I've been pleased with his compete and mostly he's been ok in his own zone, despite a few botched clearing attempts.  What I'm worried about is he just seems completely devoid now of the creativity and skill that made him an elite player last year in the A. Weather its been coached out of him, or its that line that is too 1 dimensional as well I'm not sure. There is more there. 

Ultimately we're still a poorly constructed team lacking complimentary parts, pairs and lines.  Now could that be improved at least with the return of a few injuries, maybe a bit. We do badly need to make a few moves tho to improve our balance and get some lines with chemistry going again.   

Very well said Eddie !!! 

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

And Zack MacEwan sits on waivers in Ottawa, now 240 lbs and 6 foot 2... with a 3 year Cap minimum contract.... who knows the team.... can actually fight when he picks a fight....

3 years ... of MacEwan 🤮🤮🤮

Gross

He can't play worth crap.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don’t want Beauvillier on the top li e screwing up Petey so we can just showcase to try and get a 5th round pick at the deadline. Teams know he’s useless. He has negative value. Might as well waive him and send him to Abby. 

Haha, I wonder where that one guy is from the summer that were calling us all idiots because he thought Beauvillier was worth a first at least or Pesce.

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

it doesn't matter the point is garland playstyle doesn't fit with those 2.. it's dragging them down.. EP and Kuzmenko needs to be the one with the puck not garland skating around with the puck.. EP is the play driver not garland but garland is playing like he's the driver.. garland is like one of those players that doesn't utilize his linemates and likes to do things himself with the puck.

You nailed it Wai Lai. More spinning around and not using his teammates. But people will argue with you he gets 5v5 points and draws penalties. Who cares if he doesn't help create a winner, doesn't play on the PK, is 5'8" and no one can play consistently effective hockey with him. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, qwijjibo said:

Tocchet has been head coach of the team for 40-ish games now.  I don't think you can use the "adjusting to the new coach" excuse at this point 

I never said adjusting to new coach.

It's four games into the season with several different players. They're trying to play a certain way.