If you were to go back in time and bring back prime aged second-tier Canuck to the present so they could play on the current version of the Vancouver Canucks who would it be?

Coconuts

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Bravo, nice to see it again 

We'd def have risers in Petterson, Hughes, Horvat, Miller, and Boeser 

Might see some shifting if we were to do it again but most of the names would probably stick 

Dang you've got me thinking now (plus I'm bored at work on a Friday afternoon)--where would these guys go? Has Demko played enough to make a top 50?

My gut is Horvat goes from #34 up to somewhere around Brodeur, Burrows or Kesler, #13-15.

Pettersson would rise hugely. I remember thinking he was way too high at #44 at the time, but he's probably in the late teens now I'd guess. By the end of the year, he could catch Horvat's points though, so maybe there's a case he should be right there with Horvat.

Hughes didn't make the list since he was in his rookie year, but he's probably the biggest riser. I'm guessing he's in the low 20s for now.

Boeser's the current longest tenured Canuck, but has recently been passed by Petey in points and will probably be passed by Miller soon too. I'd guess he's maybe in the 30s somewhere below Adams and maybe close to Courtnall.

Miller's got over 300 points with the Canucks now and has gotta be pretty close to Petey. A lot of guys in the mid 20s would be pushed down for sure. Nice to see our all-time list get better with the additions of some great players.

Demko is a tricky one. He only became the starter in 2021-22, but his name has some legend status thanks to the 2020 playoffs and a strong 2021-22 season. He's certainly better than Cloutier, but Cloutier has about 25 more wins and almost 40 more games and Cloutier only made the honourable mentions. I think I'd personally place him somewhere in the late 40s, below Gary Smith, but barely making the list.

• Cheers 1

Tiger Williams.

Could keep the other team honest and for added leadership, if you didn't try on his team he threatened to take you out behind the shed and beat the crap out of you, and he did. Not many nights taken off with him around.

Oh and he could score a few too. No question where the heart of the team was

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

No love for Raffi Torres or Maxim Lapierre? Those guys worked their tushies off

for us and we haven't seen a bottom 6 like that in years!

Defence, well i would go with Adrian Aucoin. good defensively and his shot was underrated for sure.

Hated losing him but it got us Dan Cloutier and settled our goaltending graveyard for a bit there!

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Coconuts said:

So, like, you're not bringing back Bure, Naslund, Linden, a Sedin, Kesler, ect. No all-time greats because that's less interesting discussion. 

It's a silly thread, sure, but I'm curious as to who you think would move the needle for the current roster the most.

Personally, I'd bring back Salo.

My first thought on seeing the thread title was Ohlund until I remembered he was a lefty... Next thought was Salo. Great minds think alike.

I'm going to assume that second-tier means no retired jersey or RoH players.

Seeing as our biggest need right now is probably a partner for Hughes, I might have to go agree with many others and say Sami Salo but with an honourable mention to Doug Lidster. 

However, I'd also love to have Jannik Hansen back on the 3rd line.

Edited by Diamonds
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, ROBsolete said:

Yes, but Gaudette brought the pestilence to the team. Burr was a pest.

same etymology. began as the same word for the bubonic plague. 

I'm comfortable with the colourful language I've chosen, thanks.