[Report] Blue Jackets place former first-round pick Liam Foudy on waivers, activate star defenseman Zach Werenski

12 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

Forum member has beef with fellow forum member, what happens next will blow your mind.

Only $1.99 for short period of time.If you think that is all,no.We will give you another member against other member included in price.Just pay one time delivery payment

7 reasons Canucks must claim this top tier prospect, number 6 will change your mind

Spoiler

1. He's fast

2. He's fairly young

3. He's a former first rounder

4. He's on league minimum

5. His contract expires at the end of the season, so minimal risk if things don't work out

6. He's an Aquarius so he's "innovative, progressive, rebellious, and humanitarian" and has "an often overlooked sensitive side that requires appreciation, support, and love."

7. Canucks have 3 contract spots available

Meh

2 hours ago, Ballisticsports said:

Funny, every waiver post, people wanting to put in our line-up

I had no idea we had so much room for all these players😜he

I think some of the fans don't realize that claiming a waiver player means that he has to

play on NHL roster.  Sadly, he's just not good enough and needs to spend time in the AHL.

• Cheers 1

Theres a name I haven't heard in a while. He's been good stats wize at the ahl level I dunno though I don't think MGMT should waste their time if their working on something rn. the sooner they move one of kuzzmenko, Brock, Garland, Beauvellier in any order depending on return, the better. 

Could we get a 1st + 2nd and a player for Kuzzi? 

or retain for Brock/Garland and get Peeke + 3rd

or Beauvellier expiring ufa close to the deadline if he's on pace for 20g 40-50 pts for a 2nd + Bottom 6 F/bottom pair D with size?

MGMT has to goo something about our winger situation not add more. I'd like to see Hog/Pod get a good look after x mas before the dl. Not sold on Foudy as a C. 

Edited by Hammertime

17 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I think some of the fans don't realize that claiming a waiver player means that he has to

play on NHL roster.  Sadly, he's just not good enough and needs to spend time in the AHL.

I also think y'all look at it like the forum is a hive mind. The waiver claims someone else wants isn't what I want and vice versa. So to blanket statement "haha forum, wants everyone" is disingenuous at best. Good for a cheap laugh though I guess. But literally nobody here wants to claim even 10% of the waiver folks.

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2023 at 12:24 PM, Sophomore Jinx said:

image.jpeg.ed1d560c02647359a848978cd7f94af9.jpeg

The Columbus Blue Jackets have placed winger Liam Foudy on waivers.

The 23-year-old was originally drafted 18th overall by the club in 2018. At the time, he was a standout with the London Knights, who’d have consecutive 68-point seasons to close out his junior career. Foudy was also a big part of Canada’s gold medal at the 2020 world juniors and played a depth role during the team’s 2021 World Championship effort.

Foudy made his NHL debut during the 2019-20 season before going full-time pro in 2020-21. He struggled with just four points in 24 NHL games, but looked solid in the AHL. Foudy finally became a full-time NHLer last year, scoring seven goals and 14 points in 62 games. The Blue Jackets were hoping for more in 2023-24, but after a slow preseason, and just 7:56 in ice time last Saturday, he found himself on the sidelines for two of the team’s first three games.

In 90 NHL games, Foudy has seven goals and 19 points. He also has 35 points in 41 games with the AHL’s Cleveland Monsters, whom he’ll join if he goes unclaimed.

Known for his incredible speed, Foudy could still be a decent pickup for a team needing some energy in the bottom six. He has one year left on his deal at $762,500.

In other news, defenseman Zach Werenski was activated off injured reserve after just one week. Werenski suffered a quad contusion in the team’s home opener against Philadelphia last Thursday. Flyers forward Garnet Hathaway was given a two-minute minor for kneeing Werenski with just over five minutes to go in the second. Werenski would not return to the contest.

Goaltender Elvis Merzlikins is also set to return against Calgary on Friday after dealing with an illness against the New York Rangers last week, while prospect Jordan Dumais has been loaned back to the QMJHL’s Halifax Mooseheads.

Looks like he's back on waivers again, this time from NSH

Nashville Predators place Liam Foudy back on waivers | TSN

• ThereItIs 1