[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Panthers, Oct 21 at 7PM EDT - The Flying OEL Game

Rocket-68

What Should Management do with the Flying Giraffe  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What Should Management do with the Flying Giraffe

• Weld him up inside the nearest locker until the season ends
    • Trade him for a dented spit bucket if you have do, just get rid of him
    • Play him in sheltered minutes until the TDL and then flog him off for what may come
    • Send him down to the ECHL / AHL and at least have a bit of cap space and bring up Hirose (or some other likely candidate) for the duration of the season
    • ... Insert alternate choice in comments ...

Interesting take about confidence and re-signing, I wonder how much it bugs Petey but also how he maybe wants to wait to see how good or bad these Canucks are. I know he's producing points but his shot and goals aren't there yet, wonder if it's putting some pressure on him we don't need. Doubt we see a mid-season signing but it would be nice to see if his scoring picks up after that.

He hasn't been very noticeable so far to be honest and has struggled 5-on-5 without consistent linemates, something Tocc has to address.

6 minutes ago, igorwasgreat said:

It has probably been said many times , I sure miss Cheech. DT is doing a good job imo, but the broadcast misses Cheech’s character.

Ever since I was a kid watching games with my Dad, Cheech has been there. Hearing him during the games made them feel like home. I don’t even know how to describe what I’ve lost, but it hurts. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Biggest thing that’s hurting us right now is giving up 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances in our end and not creating enough 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances in the oppositions end.

Hard to have success when you’re constantly doing that.

Spot on... this was why I wanted us to invest in big rugged wingers instead of Hotdog... 

Just now, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Ever since I was a kid watching games with my Dad, Cheech has been there. Hearing him during the games made them feel like home. I don’t even know how to describe what I’ve lost, but it hurts. 

I loved all the little stories from his WHA days and even the food related tangents.  Felt like you were watching at the bar over a beer with him.  Miss him a lot.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pycnotic said:

Dmen are taught this in peewee hockey to not give up the inside and keep the play outside yet Myers over and over can’t even manage that, dumb decision here by Myers 

IMG_5391.thumb.jpeg.34a66d3622554702aaef390c254507ea.jpeg

I feel like he is purposely sabotage this team.  No way he play like this for 4 games in row.    Maybe the management needs to take a stand if they want to have everything right to compete for the playoffs.

• ThereItIs 2

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Honestly I like Woodcroft, for me he's about the only likeable guy for the Oilers

Still hasn't been able to get McDiver, Crystil, or Nurse to play like men though.  Unless he can do that, they need to replace him with a coach who isn't afraid to stick those gutless cowards in the press box until they stop disgracing the sport and make winning a priority.  I feel bad for Woodcroft being stuck in that hellhole of a city coaching a joke of a team.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Pycnotic said:

Dmen are taught this in peewee hockey to not give up the inside and keep the play outside yet Myers over and over can’t even manage that, dumb decision here by Myers 

IMG_5391.thumb.jpeg.34a66d3622554702aaef390c254507ea.jpeg

I wonder if the coaching staff has tried to pull Myers aside during practice and talk him into fixing plays like this. Or maybe they tried but when it comes to game time it doesn't register.