[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Panthers, Oct 21 at 7PM EDT - The Flying OEL Game

Rocket-68

What Should Management do with the Flying Giraffe  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What Should Management do with the Flying Giraffe

• Weld him up inside the nearest locker until the season ends
    • Trade him for a dented spit bucket if you have do, just get rid of him
    • Play him in sheltered minutes until the TDL and then flog him off for what may come
    • Send him down to the ECHL / AHL and at least have a bit of cap space and bring up Hirose (or some other likely candidate) for the duration of the season
    • ... Insert alternate choice in comments ...

8 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Seriously. Myers not only is playing but he is slotted in the top 4 again? Wtf!

You are basically telling me we have no one that can replace him? Come on man. There is no way.

Worse case, put an orange pylon to the right of Dem and that will serve as a better defender than this clown!

IMG_5463.jpeg

The answer. They really don't. Any trades we make for a dman is going to cost an arm and a leg. We might as well look over the Pittsburgh roster to see who is getting traded here for Garland and Myers since it's the only organization they make deals with. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

11 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

The answer. They really don't. Any trades we make for a dman is going to cost an arm and a leg. We might as well look over the Pittsburgh roster to see who is getting traded here for Garland and Myers since it's the only organization they make dead with. 

I know I'm the king of typos and not one to throw stones,  but that line about the how Canucks and Penguins 'make dead' is gold.  😀

Edited by Satchmo
see what I mean? my post contained a typo..
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

The answer. They really don't. Any trades we make for a dman is going to cost an arm and a leg. We might as well look over the Pittsburgh roster to see who is getting traded here for Garland and Myers since it's the only organization they make dead with. 

Why not try though. Put Soucy up there and utilize Hirose and a prospect (not named Juulsen) on the 3rd pairing? I have had enough of this donkey. 

JB really screwed this team like no other GM. I have no idea why JR agreed to come here. Can’t wait till this idiot giraffe is off the team. 

3 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Why not try though. Put Soucy up there and utilize Hirose and a prospect (not named Juulsen) on the 3rd pairing? I have had enough of this donkey. 

JB really screwed this team like no other GM. I have no idea why JR agreed to come here. Can’t wait till this idiot giraffe is off the team. 

Well it's really not his fault either. He didn't offer himself that money and on a good team he would be a 7th dman but he needs to be played that way from here on out. Likely the biggest mistake for himself was signing that contract. Doomed him except that he is going to be well off after it's over.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

6 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

I can only imagine the hate on this board if OEL scores a hat trick tonight?

No hate from me... Just poking fun at people that wanted to buy out and were screaming that he shouldn't be in the NHL anymore. 

I thought that we had a prudent summer EXCEPT for the OEL buyout. He was supposed to come back healthy and play for us this year. 

• Cheers 2

• -dlc- pinned and featured this topic

The team gets pushed around three years in row so they go and get Friedman, a 180 pound punching bag? 

I might watch tonight but probably not.

WTF for, they get pushed around all game and they have a 6'8 idiot that doesn't notice it.

3 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

The team gets pushed around three years in row so they go and get Friedman, a 180 pound punching bag? 

Acquiring Friedman was a head scratcher.  Playing him right away even more so.

The number one issue this team has is lack of quality RD and they have been unable to find an answer.

Friedman is no where close to being the answer.

Allvin and JR have to solve this or this team is going nowhere.

That bottom 6 is interesting. 

Joshua - Suter - Lafferty can take some matchups, and free up JTM’s line to provide more offence.

Beau - Studs - Garland has the potential for decent chemistry as a speedy depth scoring / forechecking line.

While Hughes has been excellent, his pairing with Hronek will need to be more dominant to justify keeping Myers in the top 4.

8 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Acquiring Friedman was a head scratcher.  Playing him right away even more so.

The number one issue this team has is lack of quality RD and they have been unable to find an answer.

Friedman is no where close to being the answer.

Allvin and JR have to solve this or this team is going nowhere.

With both Juulsen and Myers bleeding high danger chances, Friedman gave us some immediate stability in the right side. 

I kind of get it as a win/win for Rathbone to get a fresh start as well. 

Edited by Huggy Bear
  • Upvote 1