[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Panthers, Oct 21 at 7PM EDT - The Flying OEL Game

Rocket-68

What Should Management do with the Flying Giraffe  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What Should Management do with the Flying Giraffe

• Weld him up inside the nearest locker until the season ends
    • Trade him for a dented spit bucket if you have do, just get rid of him
    • Play him in sheltered minutes until the TDL and then flog him off for what may come
    • Send him down to the ECHL / AHL and at least have a bit of cap space and bring up Hirose (or some other likely candidate) for the duration of the season
    • ... Insert alternate choice in comments ...

1 hour ago, Canuckle said:

I don't have a problem with either of those choices tbh.

Greener is a good coach. Players loved him. Hell, Luke Schenn said one of the biggest reasons he came to Vancouver was to work specifically with Green.

After taking a bit of time away, Green interviewed and was apparently a front runner for the Florida Panthers coaching gig before they settled on Paul Maurice. And he's working for the Devils now so people around the league obviously think he's got good things to offer. Not to mention he and Tocchet are like best buds and coach in very similar ways. And I wholeheartedly agreed with Tocc when he said "Travis Green is a good coach and shouldn't have been fired." Equal parts backing his buddy and speaking truth to Greens ability as a coach in the league.

Willie D looked promising given his impressive resume before joining the National league. All his work in junior leagues, and in 2009 he was even Assistant coach of Team Canada's World Junior Gold medal team with Pat Quinn. Later coached the Dallas Stars, LA Kings...

The outcome in Van was obviously less than desired, but he was still worth a shot I think. Looks like he's back in the WHL now, head coach and general manager of the Medicine Hat Tigers.  Who knows it he'll ever be back. Wouldn't be surprised if he is though.

I can't help thinking, "Minor league coaches", Though Travis will always have "the Bubble"

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I can't help thinking, "Minor league coaches", Though Travis will always have "the Bubble"

Neither have any  business coaching at the NHL level in any capacity.  Green caused permanent damage by stunting growth via his incompetence and lack of professionalism.