[PGT] Canucks @ Panthers Oct 21

Jess

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

He collided with his own player and it looked like a knee. Could be both knee and hip. 

They showed a reply of a Josh Morrissey take down of McD and he was  grabbing his hip. Looks  like Connie has been getting dinged up in just about every game so far, so it could be anything.

Not the dream start to the season for the player or his team.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

I know Myers has struggled out of the gate (with visible mistakes, even if his underlying numbers are pretty good) and got his ice time reigned in tonight… but I can’t see us trading him this year.  

Big, durable RHD don’t grow on trees and if we go Hronek - Bear - Friedman (or even throw in Fabbro) that’s super small for a bit of cap space for half a season.

I’d rather let Foote and Tocchet work with Myers.. unless we wheel something for Peeke who gives us at least one rightie with some size.

Not if Myers can't improve tho. He's clearly losing the coaches trust, unless there's an injury issue we don't know about.

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Wrong three times.

Florida

Vancouver

and Arizona.

Hat-trick!

Mtv 80S GIF by Vivid People Disco

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Oh me too it was an awesome win. Anytime you keep Tkatpuke to zero points and -2 is a great night.

So I feel like trying to sell Garland now is like trying to sell a piece of real estate with these mortgage rates.  You won't get a good deal due to the cap circumstances this year.  

Garland really helped us tonight by driving his line with Beauvillier and Studnicka.  He set up Beauvillier with a beautiful net-front feed that Beauvillier fanned on, and then he set up Studnicka with an amazing backhand pass through his legs.  

I'm very partial to Garland, but him and Beauvillier are the most straight forward ways to improve our lineup.  Beauvillier has value for the rest of the year as a rental.  Garland has long term value as a guy with 2 more years after this one at 4.95  million. 

Garland at 4.95 million is a lot more attractive in an 88 million cap league.  

So I don't know what value you'd put Beau at and Garland at, but right now Garland is bringing back a lot more value per buck.  

edit: Garland is bringing back a lot more value per buck for the Vancouver Canucks on the ice.  Not talking about returns. 

Edited by AatuD2

4 minutes ago, The Duke said:

I know Myers has struggled out of the gate (with visible mistakes, even if his underlying numbers are pretty good) and got his ice time reigned in tonight… but I can’t see us trading him this year.  

Big, durable RHD don’t grow on trees and if we go Hronek - Bear - Friedman (or even throw in Fabbro) that’s super small for a bit of cap space for half a season.

I’d rather let Foote and Tocchet work with Myers.. unless we wheel something for Peeke who gives us at least one rightie with some size.

Excellent, grounded non-emotional take. I have full confidence in Myers with Foote and Gonchar to minimize Myers's mistakes as the season unfolds. Get the blunders over with early to tighten up at the right time (hopefully). 

• Cheers 2

46 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He has to hast to hast to keep it stupid simple, as soon as he starts trying to be Jrke Lumme out there he starts flailing, and a bantam player could steal the puck.

Its like Myers has 3 different brains in his body, much like the Brontosauras, and they're all going in different directions disconnected from each other.  

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, AatuD2 said:

So I feel like trying to sell Garland now is like trying to sell a piece of real estate with these mortgage rates.  You won't get a good deal due to the cap circumstances this year.  

Garland really helped us tonight by driving his line with Beauvillier and Studnicka.  He set up Beauvillier with a beautiful net-front feed that Beauvillier fanned on, and then he set up Studnicka with an amazing backhand pass through his legs.  

I'm very partial to Garland, but him and Beauvillier are the most straight forward ways to improve our lineup.  Beauvillier has value for the rest of the year as a rental.  Garland has long term value as a guy with 2 more years after this one at 4.95  million. 

Garland at 4.95 million is a lot more attractive in an 88 million cap league.  

So I don't know what value you'd put Beau at and Garland at, but right now Garland is bringing back a lot more value per buck.  

Not sure Beau has any value right now tbh. We'll have to retain to move him.

Garly won't get top 6 time here anymore so he wants a chance to do that somewhere, which is totally fair.

It sounds like it will be hard to move him without retaining but we'll see. I hope it's just a straight trade for d help

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

I don’t have a crystal ball to say how Myers’ year will play out but looking back I know with 100% certainty this media/fanbase loves to run perfectly serviceable players out of town.  

Like, it’s already done.  The wet blanket think tank has spoken and everyone is playing “spot the mistake” with him.

Another excellent, grounded non-emotional - non wet blanket - take. 😉

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Jrke Lumme

Thanks for reminding me.  Jrke Lumme was a stud! 

When he decided to go, he would stand up straight and tall, and deke his way through everybody and had a good shot too. 

And always a great team guy, positive, thoughtful, happy, back you up, etc. 

Another Scandinavian that took a lot of punishment from North American players, stood up to it all, and even laid a few guys out. 

Do not Rest In Peace Don "Chicken Swedes" Cherry.

I know, Lumme is a Finn. Cherry painted all Europeans with the same brush. 

Unless they were Bruins, but I forgive him for being a homer for them, especially when he was Coaching #4 Bobby Orr!

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

No points and a minus 1 

The best -1 you could possibly get lol. Couldn’t have turned out better…OEL wasn’t terrible, but he did have a pretty average game…no wonder why him and Myers were such a disaster together. Seeing them apart kinda shows how both have deteriorated. We used to argue whether it was OEL or was it him being saddled by Myers…answer is both lol.

Great to see coaching staff reduce Myers minutes. He’s a proud pro. This tactic may get him to start playing sharper. Get the most out of him that you can. Just nice to see a coach who isn’t afraid to hurt some feelings and make some hard decisions. Doesn’t matter how much your contract is. Toc will cut your minutes if you’re not up to shape. 

• ThereItIs 1

52 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Absolutely. Being able to keep momentum with either goalie is huge. Something we haven’t had in a while. If we can strengthen the defense we would be set. 

And we have Arturs Silovs, Nikita Tolopilo, and Zach Sawchenko in The "A" almost ready and in case we start losing any to injuries.

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

He's not wrong though, you can't really go a whole season with big lopsided periods. 

I think it will correct once Mik gets comfortable and Bluger is back. 

If we can move Garland and Beauvillier for more d help anything, that would be huge.

Free editing for you from Thinks He Is Funny guy.

They are both good players and Tocchet has them working their butts off, but they're just not getting it done.

Let's rotate some thugs through the holes they'd leave in the lineup.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, The Duke said:

I wonder if the tantrum after the Philly game was worth it? 

🙃

But in any case.. PDG has been one of our best players to start this season.  Playing a crucial role on what’s been our best line to start the year. Real Burrows-with-the-Sedins energy (with maybe a little less scoring pop) 🙂  I like how he gets involved in scrums, too.  Guy knows which side of his bread gets the butter.

Exactly. Agree. He's a change the culture type of guy with high compete, a degree of fearlessness we need. Not afraid to sacrifice. That's why he made the team. We're seeing more of those guys.

If only people could not freak out with every loss. 😉

• Cheers 4

29 minutes ago, The Duke said:

I don’t have a crystal ball to say how Myers’ year will play out but looking back I know with 100% certainty this media/fanbase loves to run perfectly serviceable players out of town.  

Like, it’s already done.  The wet blanket think tank has spoken and everyone is playing “spot the mistake” with him.

You're kidding, right? I think anyone who's a real fan wanted Myers to do well. However, if you're paying attention to reality, it ain't happening.  

If he can actually tighten up his game and be serviceable, great. Then trade him at the TDL and try to get something before he walks. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

You're kidding, right? I think anyone who's a real fan wanted Myers to do well. However, if you're paying attention to reality, it ain't happening.  

If he can actually tighten up his game and be serviceable, great. Then trade him at the TDL and try to get something before he walks. 

It’s been 5 games, he’s a + 2 with a goal and an assist.

His mistakes are loud but the overall impact isn’t nearly as bad as people are making it out to be.  Drance is bang on that his worst games were also brutal overall team games that he’s taking the goat horns on. 

Zero chance he’s traded - he’s either valuable to the team and we’ll keep him or has zero value and no one will want him.  May as well buckle up and get used to him for the year.

• Thanks 1