[PGT] Canucks @ Panthers Oct 21

Jess

1 hour ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I mean, it's pretty chill. Oilers suck, playing in Florida for back to back games. Chill. Philly was supposed to suck. With all these days off they should have fresh legs every game. So, yeah. It's a soft schedule.

I get what you're saying... 

but Bolts and Panthers are legit challengers so wiuldn't call them soft. 

But ok they are refreshed before the games   
personally I'd consider between 4 and 6 points from a 5 game road trip with sll the travelling a success, so in my book the achieved that. 
cheers. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

the only tough game is the oilers tbh.. tampa have 2 ahl goalie journeymen that probably don't even have 30 games nhl experience combined and florida is missing like half their defence.. couldn't be gifted a better time to play those 2 teams.. it's not soft but it's one of the easier schedule you can ask for to start the season..

today is a great win.. but once again it's very concerning.. when the good teams turn it up a notch.. we have no respond and unable to match.. the 3rd period it was almost inevitable florida was going to tie the game.. not sure if it was they decided to sit on the lead.. or we simply have no answers.. i pick the latter coz it seems whenever another team step it up a notch we seem to be running around and on the ropes.

yes and no...

agree its concerning they could game manage a 2 goal leas, but Mika they did step up again after Panthers drew level. 

There is no doubt we are needing tough to play against players... especially on our 3rd line, but management are working hard to off load 1 or 2 of our highly paid wingers. 
Quite sure Brock is off the trade list ,now that he has started to score again. 

Still need a better rhd man, than what we have, but beggers can't be choosers....

As for being a good time to play them, yes true, but it is, what it is...

If folks thought we were gonna end top of our division they are kidding themselves. Its a process... baby steps, but heading the right direction. 
last year the games in Edmonton and Miami would have been losses. 

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, spook007 said:

I get what you're saying... 

but Bolts and Panthers are legit challengers so wiuldn't call them soft. 

But ok they are refreshed before the games   
personally I'd consider between 4 and 6 points from a 5 game road trip with sll the travelling a success, so in my book the achieved that. 
cheers. 

i agree this road trip is probably considered a success if you just look at the calender and see the teams we are playing. oilers lightning florida flyers and nashville.. if we were to predict before the season we'd probably beat the flyers and preds and lose the other 3 so we already have 2 wins and a chance for 3 i consider a big W. however the games played itself is a bit concerning i don't think we have out worked a single team on this road trip.. the closest would be this florida game we were matching them and prolly slightly outworking them for the first 40mins until they turned it up in the 3rd and we are in a full turtle mode. hopefully they fix it and start playing a 60 min game every game.. they are not talented or deep enough to just play 20-40mins a game and expect the win the game.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I don't think the team played very good, Florida was much better in long stretches of the game, but individual flashes won that game for them (like that quick release from Petey, the Soucy goal on that awful PP, etc...). With the exception of the third goal, DeSmith was solid.

Win the next game against Nashville and it's a 3-2 road trip, I could live with that.

Edited by Rubik
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Agree with you on this. 

I think, part of it is, Tocchet is changing the way we play...

We were often outworked under Bruce, and I think thats one of the issues that Tocchet highlighted. 
it takes time to get out of old habits, and a few of the players will not fit in under this system... get a couple of rugget wingers (duracell bunnies) to play on the 3rd line (think most of us had hoped one would be Podz), and a better rhd, and I think we will see a change. 
We need to keep the tempo us. There were lots of talk about flu etc, which would mean fatique. That together with travelling sleeping in hotels etc, won't help much. 
The real tests will be the next homestand, whete there really will be no excuses. 

We usually don’t have legs the first period of the first game back from the eastern trips. 

• Cheers 2

12 hours ago, Integra250 said:

PDG out muscled ex-Canucks OEL and Forsling on the game winning goal. Get those softies out of here!

no, send them to Edmonton... they need good d-men...wink wink nudge nudge

Team looks good, small changes to the third line and right side and we win that Lightning game as well.

This would be where we need upgrades going further, in my opinion. A lot of work to go but I am excited.

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Mikheyev

Giuseppe - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Blueger -

- Suter - Lafferty 

Hughes - Hronek

Cole - 

Soucy - 

Edited by J-23
  • Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

35 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

CRAAAPPPP !!!

I had the correct score & Canucks for the win.........however they scratched Hogz, who I picked to score the game winner.

Exactly !!!

I was praying for a Florida goal that final minute.  I'd predicted a Nux 5-4 win with Boeser getting the GWG 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Rubik said:

I don't think the team played very good, Florida was much better in long stretches of the game, but individual flashes won that game for them (like that quick release from Petey, the Soucy goal on that awful PP, etc...). With the exception of the third goal, DeSmith was solid.

Win the next game against Nashville and it's a 3-2 road trip, I could live with that.

I thought it was an excellent road game 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, stawns said:

That was the game I needed to see from the team and definitely the game I needed to see from Kuz

his patience on that goal was insane. 

I'm really starting to like PDG. He knows what his role is and he's working hard. He's never going to reach Burrows level but he's a good fit for now. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Rubik said:

Panthers outscored them 3-2 on 5on5. Special teams saved their bacon.

That's what a road game is, especially against a good team like Fla.  I can't imagine why anyone would be anything but thrilled by that game

• Cheers 2

39 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Team looks good, small changes to the third line and right side and we win that Lightning game as well.

This would be where we need upgrades going further, in my opinion. A lot of work to go but I am excited.

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Mikheyev

Giuseppe - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Blueger -

- Suter - Lafferty 

Hughes - Hronek

Cole - 

Soucy - 

Agreed, I think Friedman needs some more time. But I think there is potential to be a #6 guy. Not ideal, but we will see how things progress.

I had almost forgot Blueger was on  this team. I think since he hasnt played yet we havent seen what impact he can make, so its easy to overlook his absence. 

Really curious to see the team dynamic with Blueger in. I think getting another RHD to play with Cole and moving out Garland is really the only major moves I think we need to make.

As much as we would all like to see Meyers not on the blueline, its best to keep him and eat the rest of his contract to get that relief when it ends. I dont want a Meyers trade that sees us taking on a bad contract in return or giving up draft picks to sweeten the deal. 

But, success and failure will ultimately decide what changes we want to and or need to make.

• Huggy Bear 1