[PGT] Canucks @ Panthers Oct 21

Jess

5 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Maybe once or twice a year. The rest are because he processes the game too slowly. 

Context.  I'm suggesting that he doesn't play his size so much because he's been screwed over with some undeserved calls. 

I'm in no way denying his dumbass penalties because he's chaos giraffe. That's a whole different thing, and you're probably right on that front.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I think he would be more comfortable with reduced minutes. On a good team he wouldn't be eating so many minutes. 

OEL getting more minutes with Panthers and playing better. I think Myers will get better. But really, he wasnt that bad anyways.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I always try to avoid it for others who want to watch the game and happen to see the PGT.

Yeah, as someone who relies heavily on PVR to catch various games/events, I wish people would stay on topic in threads and not post spoilers about other games.

If I'm behind "real time" on our games then I know better than to go anywhere near my computer or phone but was gonna watch the Coilers / Jets game last night and wanted to read PGT after our win but had the other game's results posted here as a spoiler.

No big deal in the grand scheme of things but it just sucks cuz the only sure way to avoid it is to stay offline completely until I've watched everything I hope to watch and that's not always ideal.

Hard to be the least bit pissed after getting out of Florida with those 2 points lol

5 hours ago, Crimson JH said:

ESPN+ all have the correct spellings. I never seen that before..

It's just typical voice recognition software. Dictate something into your phone at the same speed as hockey play-by-play and it will mess up the same way.

It's not a human being with knowledge of the game and players sitting there typing what's being said

3 hours ago, vcBrett said:

Anything that needs saying, has already been said. Big win tonight, hopefully we can make it two in a row!

One thing I do feel I need to say, Giusseppe, wow. He he has not been the best player for us, but he might be the best player for his price.

The guy has been looking like prime Burrows out there this season. His forechecking is beastly right now and he just seems to be winning the majority of puck battles.

That set-up after winning the puck battle was so Burrows-esque. He is definitely benefiting from being on the Boeser/Miller line, but he has also earned the privilege to be on that line. Hope he doesnt wear himself out.

3 - 2 -0 is a good way to start the season, especially with four being on the road. 

Like a lot of what im seeing from this team right now. There is still a lot of improving that needs doing, but I cant help but feel like this isnt the same team from the last few years. Only time will tell, but im excited to find out and be along for the ride. Go Canucks Go!!!

I like seeing all the PDG love. I agree that he has earned that spot on the Miller line. And for a lot of reasons.

The guy works his ass off in both zones and he plays a hard, though not overly physical, game. 

Another thing is just how well he matches with Miller. You gotta think a guy like Miller respects the effort level of PDG and his commitment, even if he lacks some finesse. PDG is also pretty stoic out there. On goals, assists, he doesn’t have a huge reaction, which is also good with the more emotional Miller. 

Did anyone else notice when Miller was battling in front of the net after the whistle, then a FLA player gave Miller a shove, and PDG shoved him right back and engaged with the guy.  

I think Miller appreciates that in a teammate. We’ve had a lot of players over the last 10 years that would’ve looked away. More shaking of the country club mindset, maybe.

A playoff contender probably has a player like PDG on the third line, but I hope he proves me wrong, and he’s hands down the best fit on that 2nd line right now. I can’t help but root for the guy. 

Anyways, a great win for the team! Kuzmenko had a great game, that spinorama pass was beautiful, and the patience/finish in the GWG was wicked. Hughes is unreal, and Petey continues to impress.

Love that hockey is back but hate another two day break between games…

image.jpeg.d91109226234f5a0fe1e10fd81782c29.jpeg

Edited by Lewlowned
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Tusk said:

OEL getting more minutes with Panthers and playing better. I think Myers will get better. But really, he wasnt that bad anyways.

OEL is getting more minutes because Montour and Ekblad are on IR.  Cats D needs some help.

6 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I mean, it's pretty chill. Oilers suck, playing in Florida for back to back games. Chill. Philly was supposed to suck. With all these days off they should have fresh legs every game. So, yeah. It's a soft schedule.

I don’t understand. Everyone else is playing with fresh legs, so that cancels out.

Playing on the road means not getting the line match ups you want.

Oilers suck because we beat them twice. They were supposed to be top three in the league. 

Panthers have some injuries, so I’ll give you that one. TB still has a lot of great players and they are a tough out.

Torts has Philly playing hard, so they are a tough out as well. 
So no, not a soft schedule. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

I mean you just used the text book definition of liability to describe Myers. Which is the opposite of Asset 😂

Correct by a text book definition perhaps, but this is not a text book. Regardless, he will be an asset by any definition if we make the playoffs.

• Cheers 3

59 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I'm so tired of the narrative that we win because "soft schedule, etc." and when we lose "no excuses".

It all comes into play. No road schedule is "soft"...flying and changing up the routine so early in the year takes some adjustment. Especially when a team HAS had a flu bug running through the bench.

Travelling a total of about 5,000 miles and being "on the road" for 2 weeks isn't really a soft schedule. It's much lighter than our usual start of season, I'll give you that. But also factor in the change in time zones and earlier starts.

Wins don't have to be pretty...it's the points that count. But somehow, when we collect 2 points it always comes with asterisks for some.

This is not really a "soft" schedule (especially considering that Edmonton, Florida, and Tampa are all ranked higher than our team)

394378224_10160593118430549_862148769744

I second that motion- travel in a different time zone is tough on the body. I am on a business trip on East cost of US since last Saturday, and I am really tired, without playing any games.

Don't forget, that the first game after a long road trip is the hardest from energy level  point of view, so it is , basically, like another road game. And, another point , we are talking about young guys , and they all are getting laid as soon as they get home.  These are fact of life, not excuses.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

And he's still easy to play against. He's a 2.5 million dollar dman. JB is the nut bar who thought he was worth 7.

JB didnt sign that contract though.  He dumped some other ones he did sign (IIRC) by taking that on.

OEL did ok to start with us I recall, but his stay didn't age well.  Maybe not 7m cap hit worth, but it got rid of Eriksson.