[PGT] Canucks @ Panthers Oct 21

Jess

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Check this out…the Preds practice facility locker rooms are so small the boys have to show up to the facility already in their gear. Wtf?!?

I heard Myers had been forced to sleep in his gear. Always be ready. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Check this out…the Preds practice facility locker rooms are so small the boys have to show up to the facility already in their gear. Wtf?!?

Life in the NHL is not all glamorous.

Looks like they had them practicing out behind the old muffler shop! 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

like Hronek too but I think he's wasted being paired with Hughes.

This. Once they get a cheaper, legit righty to play with Hughes, Hronek can command his own pairing. Totally agree, Hughes doesn't need a Hronek. Just a younger Luke Schenn type.

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Our rink. That’s all that’s lined up atm I believe. 

I’m guessing that if the ice is covered because of an upcoming event the visiting club (and us) would go to UBC for practice? Plus, do home teams have to provide practice ice for visiting clubs who are here on an off day and waiting to plus us? 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Couldn't agree more. Both were/are at similar stages in their careers with us and both had/have become liabilities. But like you say, they were holding down other aspects of our game. 

I just find it really interesting when looking back to the reaction we had to Edler, Weber, Sbisa, and on and on. It's all very similar. 

With the players combined, I feel Loui Eriksson got the same amount of reaction

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m guessing that if the ice is covered because of an upcoming event the visiting club (and us) would go to UBC for practice? Plus, do home teams have to provide practice ice for visiting clubs who are here on an off day and waiting to plus us? 

A few options in UBC, SFU. Im really surprised why the Nux still don't have a practice rink. It makes no sense for Aqua to not invest into unless the plan is to incorporate a facility like that into another project and to try and obtain some government/taxpayer funding in the process.

Edited by RWJC
  • ThereItIs 1

I dont really care much for being a hated team or havin players like Gudas or wilson on it. I care more for players development and a continuous strive and determination to be the best that they can be, an iron will where they fight for every inch of the ice and chase the puck like theres no tomorrow....a team that takes no shit from anyone and combines skill with an iron will to win. 

From what i have seen, its that since Sedins disappeared its been years of "almosts" or disappointments....not sure we can count the bubble year as an exception due to its extreme circumstances....but we have a core that is incredible....Demko, Petey, Miller, hughes are all All-star class players, and where theres been lack in structure we have tocchets stricter foundation thats been implemented as well as new aquisitions that has led to a much sounder bottom 6 and PK. What we have left is partly how our players will develop, how they progress and make those strives to be the best they can be.

The other thing is that we have a few improvements that needs to be adjusted and retooled....if the development and those retools can be done...then we will be contenders with the next 3 years...the players age and development are key in this process. we still need 2-4 adjustments on retooling as well as our young stars can fill the roles they are given on the roster....for now we are playoff bound and that is indeed exciting. but we cant have a bunch of brainfarts or half assed efforts or we will never reach that next level needed to be contenders. 

its still early but for now im hopin blueger will return and that mikheyev will stay healthy....with that in mind i think were gonna have a winning streak commin up as we return home after this roadtrip....hopefully after a win in Nashville. 

Edited by Mrwipeout

16 hours ago, SV. said:

I found it was interesting that Myers was allegedly benched for most of the third (it certainly looked that way), yet, the team still conceded two goals and allowed FLA to tie things up for a brief moment.

I'm not defending Myers, but I think this tidbit of info certainly dispels any myth that he's been single-handedly holding back the team.  It's on the whole team to defend better and play a complete game.

Myers was on the ice for the first goal Florida scored in the 3rd period and directly responsible for the first Florida goal.  I don't think he had another shift in 3rd period after the 2nd Florida goal.

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Grinch said:

My wife who never watches hockey came into the room yesterday during the game and asked why FLA was Florida and why it wasn’t FLO 

been bugging me ever since 

Why isn't it PAN? We are CAN, but really should we be VAN? Sorry this probably only adds to your dilemma