[PGT] Canucks @ Panthers Oct 21

Jess

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

Will they re-sign him m or deal him at the deadline?  He's probably going to be in the $6m range

We need to re-sign him. Ideally sign him for the duration of Hughes current contract, three years remaining after this one.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar

10 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

We need to re-sign him. Ideally sign him for the duration of Hughes current contract, three years remaining after this one.

Can they afford that?  Is he the right kind of player or do they move him for assets and try to find exactly what they're looking for?

As a player, he's great, but petey is getting a massive raise and that means a lot of big contracts already

Just now, stawns said:

Can they afford that?  Is he the right kind of player or do they move him for assets and try to find exactly what they're looking for?

As a player, he's great, but petey is getting a massive raise and that means a lot of big contracts already

I'm not concerned about it. We just need to figure it out.

Some of those big contracts have to be on D. Especially since D needs to be a much bigger priority in order to win. Take a look at the Avs D ... they're paying for good D.

Vegas has two Dmen at $5.2 and one $8.8 ... we need to figure it out if we're serious about competing.

And ...

Since we just finished paying Meyers $6 million, we sure as hell can - and should - be paying Hronek in that vicinity. If we're worried about paying a much better defenseman $6 mill, one that we need, yet fine with giving Myers that type of money ... we have bigger problems.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I'm not concerned about it. We just need to figure it out.

Some of those big contracts have to be on D. Especially since D needs to be a much bigger priority in order to win. Take a look at the Avs D ... they're paying for good D.

Vegas has two Dmen at $5.2 and one $8.8 ... we need to figure it out if we're serious about competing.

And ...

Since we just finished paying Meyers $6 million, we sure as hell can - and should - be paying Hronek in that vicinity. If we're worried about paying a much better defenseman $6 mill, one that we need, yet fine with giving Myers that type of money ... we have bigger problems.

This year, everyone should be judging Myers at a 2 million contract and then be critical

Heronik can get the 6 mil contract and Myers can re-sign at 2, or even 1.5.

Everyone needs to back off a bit and judge Myers for the time on ice and who he is defending against nightly instead of saying we need to dump him for free.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Will they re-sign him m or deal him at the deadline?  He's probably going to be in the $6m range

2 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Definitely re-sign, and he's an RFA so the deadline wouldn't be a pressure point thankfully.

Need to lock him up long term, I'd say 5-7 years. 

• Cheers 1

• Ribs unpinned and unfeatured this topic
5 hours ago, stawns said:

That's a lot of $ tied up in a handful of contracts......my main concern is I want to see them spread the cap around a bit and not fall into the same trap as the Leads, Oilers etc.

If him and QH play great together all year I would in a heartbeat as you are going to pay a player close to that anyways.

Plus shows QH and EP you want to win for their next contracts.

On 10/22/2023 at 5:13 PM, stawns said:

I thought it was an excellent road game 

just for the record, I think this game against Nashville was an excellent road game, especially the first 2 periods. Granted Nashville is a much weaker team than Florida, but still.