[PGT] Canucks @ Panthers Oct 21

Jess

Goddamn it feels so good to get that win...snappin a 2 game skid, brock gettin another goal and Kuz scoring again is Huge....speakin of that, Hughes was something special tonight...man he was all over the ice and excelled with his amazing breakouts, join on the rush and control on the blueline. Is great to have Mikheyev back, his presence seems to have improved Kuz play as well, makin our 1st line a bit better. 2nd line with Miller is continuing to be really good for us...the chemistry that began in  the pre-season keeps on goin and that is goin to be huge for us to have 2 really good 2 scoring lines. 

i still miss Blueger though, as the 3rd C. Garland was decent on the 4th and carried that line a bit. wouldnt mind if Blueger got back so theres Joshua-Blueger-Garland and Hoglander-Suter-Lafferty....from what i saw this is what would b the best right now. 

Myers is so uneven it feels like we are lucky there were no immediate brainfarts like last game...

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Myers is a very well liked teammate. I think he could contribute alot in more of a morale support role.

I'm sure Myers is liked by his teammates and a good person, in general. I wish him and his family the best. 

But the guy has to keep it simple. Period. 

Everything happens in an instance for him and he gets flustered way too easy. 

That's where all the chaos comes from, like that nice pass to the Tampa player on their PP. 

Too much dumb choices. 

Teams intentionally put it into his corner, into his feet, he starts scrambling, then too many times, he panics and makes horrible decisions. 

If were stuck with him, at least until the TDL, we need him to calm right the F down and keep it as simple as possible. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

but oh boy do we need another top 4 d man...

1 minute ago, Mando27 said:

I'm just amazed at Petey, the guy is a points machine yet I feel like he is still not playing at his best.

agree, he feels like he hasn't had a game he just takes over yet... we will get there, 

Edited by canucks curse
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

Goddamn it feels so good to get that win...snappin a 2 game skid, brock gettin another goal and Kuz scoring again is Huge....speakin of that, Hughes was something special tonight...man he was all over the ice and excelled with his amazing breakouts, join on the rush and control on the blueline. Is great to have Mikheyev back, his presence seems to have improved Kuz play as well, makin our 1st line a bit better. 2nd line with Miller is continuing to be really good for us...the chemistry that began in  the pre-season keeps on goin and that is goin to be huge for us to have 2 really good 2 scoring lines. 

i still miss Blueger though, as the 3rd C. Garland was decent on the 4th and carried that line a bit. wouldnt mind if Blueger got back so theres Joshua-Blueger-Garland and Hoglander-Suter-Lafferty....from what i saw this is what would b the best right now. 

Myers is so uneven it feels like we are lucky there were no immediate brainfarts like last game...

Well said!! But don't you think Suter and Beau are not doing much so far??

Where's Thomas Drance at to defend giraffe now. Tocc sat his ass almost the whole third period.  Lol.

I remember Drance saying some similiar dumb shit last year about the goaltending. Martin and Delia were playing like trash literally stating "goaltending isn't an issue, and anyone who thinks it is is out to lunch" because his precious advanced stats didn't show it.

Meanwhile neither goalie could stop a god damn beach ball at crucial points of any game. And then 2 weeks later Drunce is on the radio saying "goaltending is an issue."

What a goof ass

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Accountability!

About time! Too much in the past we saw special treatment given to vets like Myers.

In no world does he not deserve to have his ice time dropped.

Foote is playing the D by committee.  Myers was the low minute man with 13:06.  Hronek and Hughes both over 25

• Cheers 3

13 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

I'm sure Myers is liked by his teammates and a good person, in general. I wish him and his family the best. 

But the guy has to keep it simple. Period. 

Everything happens in an instance for him and he gets flustered way too easy. 

That's where all the chaos comes from, like that nice pass to the Tampa player on their PP. 

Too much dumb choices. 

Teams intentionally put it into his corner, into his feet, he starts scrambling, then too many times, he panics and makes horrible decisions. 

If were stuck with him, at least until the TDL, we need him to calm right the F down and keep it as simple as possible. 

He's just not that smart a player. Makes bad reads, misses assignments.

There's going to be some physical awkwardness at his size or just generally errors with the puck (everyone makes them) but ultimately just lacking IQ. 

• Cheers 1