[PGT] Canucks @ Panthers Oct 21

Jess

39 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

OK, am I crazy? Does a human do the cc for these videos or is it automated? My good God, this is pitiful. Went to check out the highlights and...

394647375_10160591504335549_699420622984

394341254_10160591504275549_193955801715

Elias Pettersson = "Paterson"  "Pedersen"  "Whoever the hell that guy is"

Barkov = "Park"

394318966_10160591504290549_423853899805

AI at its finest 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Thank god they came to their senses and put Hughes and Hronek together.

I was getting really worried when they were still trying McWard with Hughes late in preseason.

Cole just needs a solid partner. Nothing flashy just an efficient low event player that can move the puck. 

Myers is a third pair guy. Hopefully they stop trying to force him into the top 4.

Like Hirose perhaps?

• Like 1

Teams playing pretty well considering everything that’s stacked up against them. The best players are playing well and they are on a really tough road trip to start the year. If they come out of this with a bit more than 50% of the total points on the trip I call it a win. Good win against a damn good Florida team. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I know a player would resent it, but I don't know why "load management" can't be applied in some cases.  You do it with the goaltender, and his backup. Why not at least for older, slower, and probably more beat up thru all the seasons and nagging injuries....like Myers.  They could even frame it as that, knowing he'd come back all caught up on his sleep and his batteries charged. Because I think Myers could be an excellent 4th D. At least a good one.  He'd come back stronger I guarantee if he had to sit out a game. (and rest)

Edler was the same way. It happened to start the season, or when he got injured and came back 100% and well rested, he'd be the super D out there for the first games. But Edler had a similar fate in that he had to eat a lot of minutes, and after Tanev left he was relied on even more, and wasn't getting any younger. 

But even just reduce his minutes is all. Like today. I know its tempting with such a big body sitting on the bench. But RESIST coaches RESIST.  He's more valuable as a 5/6 D and playing than sitting in the press box.

Edit: at least til the TD

Edited by kilgore
  • Like 2

I know it was an EN tonight but very happy for Boes. Put in the hardwork and is enjoying a well deserved resurgence. MLK on that top line is looking very good. Kuz made a few defensive gaffs getting the puck out at the blue line early but boy did he make up for it as the game went on. Quinn's a beaut. GCG

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

it doesn't necessarily feel like Petey has been all-world, but statistically there's no doubt he has been (Maybe we're just used to it).

I know what you mean.  I keep being disappointed with defensemen's play and I think it because I've been watching Hughes and he has reset the bar.

• Cheers 1

Good result. Shame that Mik missed a couple of sitters otherwise the third would have been less stressful.

Looking forward to a W in Nashville and coming home with 6 points from a road trip. Outside of the Flyers game they've been pretty solid.

Special teams were nearly perfect, our PP is dangerous even when it looks like theres nothing on.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1