[PGT] Canucks @ Panthers Oct 21

Jess

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

It has to be...that's pretty bad.

I mean, if someone couldn't hear and was reading as they went along they'd be pretty confused. Better to have nothing at all.

Its likely voice recognition AI software that hasn’t had enough feedback (deep learning) with NHL player names.

BTW I'm listening to the replay of the post-game show, and I'm shocked that Dan Riccio is starting off the first 5 minutes by just complaining that we didn't shut them out in the 3rd.  

Very backhand compliment by saying that it's good that they won, but....  queue 5 minute rant. 

Canucks won fair 'n' square. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

BTW I'm listening to the replay of the post-game show, and I'm shocked that Dan Riccio is starting off the first 5 minutes by just complaining that we didn't shut them out in the 3rd.  

Very backhand compliment by saying that it's good that they won, but....  queue 5 minute rant. 

Canucks won fair 'n' square. 

He's not wrong though, you can't really go a whole season with big lopsided periods. 

I think it will correct once Mik gets comfortable and Bluger is back. 

If we can move Garland for more d help that would be huge.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

OK, am I crazy? Does a human do the cc for these videos or is it automated? My good God, this is pitiful. Went to check out the highlights and...

394647375_10160591504335549_699420622984

394341254_10160591504275549_193955801715

Elias Pettersson = "Paterson"  "Pedersen"  "Whoever the hell that guy is"

Barkov = "Park"

394318966_10160591504290549_423853899805

Artificial Intelligence, or Anti-Intelligence?  Maybe they're the same thing...

1 hour ago, McIlhargey the Lesser said:

I was a big fan of OEL and was thrilled when we got him.

But for us he was not even a shadow of his former self.

And now the Panthers want him to fill the hole that Gudas left and more.

That’s an area where the Panthers are weaker than last year.

Goaltending might be a big difference maker for them. But when they wanted to turn it up they really did.

Finally a solid back up goalie and some hungry role players might be the difference for us this year. We’ve had the core.

And the character we appear to be showing (off the ice more than on maybe?) under Toch and Hughes.

Florida is a mess right now starting 6 LHD and OEL top 10 in the league with ice time.  

They’ll look a lot better with Montour and Ekblad in the lineup but their season also might be over by that time.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

He's not wrong though, you can't really go a whole season with big lopsided periods. 

Bleuger was playing lights out this pre season, too.  

I really wonder if Management is pushing for something with Columbus or Nashville around Garland for Peeke or Fabbro.

Or, if they’re just looking to offload Garland anywhere and sign Bear.  Friedman is scrappy and a nice 7-8 but he isn’t the answer IMO.

• Vintage 2

25 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Absolutely. Being able to keep momentum with either goalie is huge. Something we haven’t had in a while. If we can strengthen the defense we would be set. 

100% ... Think about it ... the margin of playoffs for us is usually between 5-7 games. DeSmith has already made good on 2 non-starter games. We just need to win games that we should be winning with Demko.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

Bleuger was playing lights out this pre season, too.  

I really wonder if Management is pushing for something with Columbus or Nashville around Garland for Peeke or Fabbro.

Or, if they’re just looking to offload Garland anywhere and sign Bear.  Friedman is scrappy and a nice 7-8 but he isn’t the answer IMO.

It would be great to leave Nashville tomorrow with another defenceman, or some prospects and cap space for Garly.

I think the Bear deal will come once he's ready and then we can jettison Myers on some retention deal.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Yeah we sorely need a right handed d-man.  Poor Friedman is doing the best he can, and I appreciate that he's putting it all on the line. 

I just have an issue with the main sentiment being negative when....  

We beat a team that was favoured to beat us.  It's Florida...  the 115 point or whatever Florida from two years ago. We were on the road. 

People have to remember that it's not NHL '23 and we're not playing against AI.  I'm very very happy with this win. 

• Vintage 4