[PROPOSAL] Pool Party anyone?

17 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

He had pretty intensive hip surgery in the summer, I believe it was a hip replacement. Don’t know what the timeline is but I would think he’d be a ways from contact.

Don’t know if I could watch him sticking his tongue up his nose on a regular basis. Bleccchhh…

Former Edmonton Oilers forward Jesse Puljujarvi nears NHL return after double hip surgery, Devon Toews inks seven-year extension with Colorado Avalanche (msn.com)

After undergoing his the second double hip surgery of his career, Jesse Puljujarvi has his sights set on an NHL return.

And according to TSN’s Chris Johnston, that could be as soon as November.

“The rehab process has been very encouraging for Jesse Puljujarvi, so well in fact that he may be ready to return to the NHL as soon as next month,” Johnston said on Thursday’s edition of Insider Trading. “And so when it was revealed he would need that double hip surgery in the offseason, he didn’t receive a qualifying offer from the Carolina Hurricanes and so he is an unrestricted free agent.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

If we trade Beauvillier and Garland, I hope we get a physical player or two in return.  This team could use some sandpaper in the bottom-6, not middling talent that isn't particularly strong in any one area.

But the Canucks love having that kind of milquetoast player on their roster!

image.png.b45447bd4c99b226e6f96f06b3e2a326.png

Just look how he lights up the (empty) net in that training video!

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

But the Canucks love having that kind of milquetoast player on their roster!

image.png.b45447bd4c99b226e6f96f06b3e2a326.png

Just look how he lights up the (empty) net in that training video!

Isn't 94% really good for even strength defending?  I mean that must be alot higher than Beauvillier and Garland, right?  We wouldn't be asking Pool Party to come here and get 30 goals.  Just be a big body on the 3rd line who can play some solid defensive hockey and pop in 10-15 goals as well.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Isn't 94% really good for even strength defending?  I mean that must be alot higher than Beauvillier and Garland, right?  We wouldn't be asking Pool Party to come here and get 30 goals.  Just be a big body on the 3rd line who can play some solid defensive hockey and pop in 10-15 goals as well.  

94% is really good, but he has never been a penalty killer.  If you are signing him purely for his defensive abilities, there are more specialized players who are better than Puljujarvi at being pure shutdown forwards.

But look at that finishing.  Do you know how he ended up scoring 10-15 goals those two years in Edmonton?  Let's see who he played with.

image.png.d429931b9cad9a7ea9e0d31e186ff10d.png

The man scored while playing with those useless plugs.  Imagine what he can do with the likes of... Dakota Joshua and Jack Studnicka.  Oh yeah, baby!

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

On 10/23/2023 at 6:55 AM, Miss Korea said:

94% is really good, but he has never been a penalty killer.  If you are signing him purely for his defensive abilities, there are more specialized players who are better than Puljujarvi at being pure shutdown forwards.

But look at that finishing.  Do you know how he ended up scoring 10-15 goals those two years in Edmonton?  Let's see who he played with.

The man scored while playing with those useless plugs.  Imagine what he can do with the likes of... Dakota Joshua and Jack Studnicka.  Oh yeah, baby!

We'd give him a PTO just like EDM gave JV one ... and then go ... J Peterman No GIF

On 10/22/2023 at 10:58 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

He would be free.  6'4", 210 pounds.  He could play on the 3rd line.  At this point, he's an upgrade on Beauvillier.  I'd pull the trigger on a one year show me deal...

Nah. Rather add some tougher, more aggressive players to the forward corps. 

On 10/23/2023 at 6:55 PM, Miss Korea said:

This above post wins the thread in my opinion.  Exactly how I feel about JP after having read this post.