Meme thread

6of1_halfdozenofother

4 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Only my father ate the little green aliens...the rest of the fam called them "trolls"  😜😂😆

We hated them but Mom always insisted we had to have 2 each at the holiday dinners so as soon as the bowl hit the table, my Dad & siblings started scoping out the smallest ones!! One year, as adults,  we were all home for Christmas & Mom, per usual, had a GIANT bag of the devil veg in the fridge so my sister and I (while parents were out) put loops of thread on about 1/3 of the bag and snuck them onto the Christmas tree. My Dad comes home, parks himself in his chair next to the tree and says "What the Hell are these doing here?" We told him there were less to eat and less leftovers this way!! And now, for the past 25+ years, no matter where we are for Christmas, it's tradition to hang AT LEAST 6 of them on our Christmas trees!!

Yeah, we're a hilariously odd sort of family!! 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

We hated them but Mom always insisted we had to have 2 each at the holiday dinners so as soon as the bowl hit the table, my Dad & siblings started scoping out the smallest ones!! One year, as adults,  we were all home for Christmas & Mom, per usual, had a GIANT bag of the devil veg in the fridge so my sister and I (while parents were out) put loops of thread on about 1/3 of the bag and snuck them onto the Christmas tree. My Dad comes home, parks himself in his chair next to the tree and says "What the Hell are these doing here?" We told him there were less to eat and less leftovers this way!! And now, for the past 25+ years, no matter where we are for Christmas, it's tradition to hang AT LEAST 6 of them on our Christmas trees!!

Yeah, we're a hilariously odd sort of family!! 😂😂😂😂

Bahaha great story! I would put them in my pockets and go to the washroom and flush the little cretins, or I'd drop mine under the table to the dog, but I got busted one time, after dinner dad said "what the hell are those brussel sprouts doing on the floor?!?"....apparently the dog didn't like them either! 😆😆😆

Hanging them on the Christmas tree, too funny! 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Bahaha great story! I would put them in my pockets and go to the washroom and flush the little cretins, or I'd drop mine under the table to the dog, but I got busted one time, after dinner dad said "what the hell are those brussel sprouts doing on the floor?!?"....apparently the dog didn't like them either! 😆😆😆

Hanging them on the Christmas tree, too funny! 😂😂😂

Well, well, well, listen to you & @Cerridwen talking smack about the venerable sprout…! :classic_laugh:

Love me some sprouts at Christmas or Thanksgiving. Cut in half and sauté with bacon & onions & maybe a little wine. A touch of habanero or sriracha on the plate…mmmm.

OTOH I couldn’t eat a tomato if my life depended on it. Mom wouldn’t let me leave the table without eating at least a slice. Used to stuff them in my socks and dispose of them in the bush behind our house. If you’re ever walking through Green Timbers in Surrey and come across tomato plants in the wild - that’s all me.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Boooooo

Brussel Sprouts are the best!

To be fair, once my tastebuds matured and I tried them roasted in olive oil and garlic with curried mayo, I discovered that there ARE, in fact, ways to enjoy the devil veg! My Mom, interestingly enough, hates them oven-roasted and still prefers the sulphuric, over-steamed, morsels in the British fashion of limp-on-the-plate  delight of mushiness. 😝

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Shift-4 said:

Boooooo

Brussel Sprouts are the best!

There are better veg 😉😁😜😂

10 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

To be fair, once my tastebuds matured and I tried them roasted in olive oil and garlic with curried mayo, I discovered that there ARE, in fact, ways to enjoy the devil veg! My Mom, interestingly enough, hates them oven-roasted and still prefers the sulphuric, over-steamed, morsels in the British fashion of limp-on-the-plate  delight of mushiness. 😝

Yes, they're not as bad now as they were back then, especially if they're shrouded in a lake of butter, oil, or creamy sauce...but I'd still rather lance a boil than scarf down a plate of da brussel 😆😆😆 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

roasted with coconut oil, salt and pepper is all I need
Mmmmmmmm

• Cheers 2