[Article] Vancouver Canucks fan wins $100,000 thanks to Brock Boeser

RWJC

Vancouver Canucks fan wins $100,000 thanks to Brock Boeser

image.png.cce88b7c2f8f732ded847df14a72ca4e.png

Frances McAuley, from Burnaby, is $100,000 richer thanks to Vancouver Canucks forward Brock Boeser. (Courtesy Vancouver Canucks)

Sonia Aslam

Posted October 23, 2023 8:39 am.

Last Updated October 23, 2023 8:41 am.

A woman from Burnaby is $100,000 richer thanks to Vancouver Canucks forward Brock Boeser.

“To be quite honest, it’s starting to sink in,” said winner Frances McAuley during a cheque ceremony Friday. “I think right now it’s starting to sink in with all of you here.”

During the team’s home opener on Oct. 11, Boeser scored four goals, which meant second prize in the Save-On-Foods home-game giveaway was able to be won.

The grocer offers a $1 million jackpot to a customer if any Vancouver player scores five goals in one game, and $100,000 if anyone scores four goals.

McAuley said she was also a little distracted as former Canucks goaltender Kirk McLean was on hand while she was collecting her prize.

“I really like goalies. They’re always so handsome,” she said.

She is not sure what she’ll do with her loot, explaining, “I have no plans yet. That will come.”

link to rest of article:

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2023/10/23/vancouver-canucks-fan-wins-100000/

• Like 3